New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as a side track, don't u notice that the engine filled with coolant, cools down slower, once the engine has been shut down, than the one filled with plain water ? or is this occuring in my case only ?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    XTO: That's not exactly true, while cooling capacity may be close (similar, due to pressurized system), water alone will not provide lubricity to the water pump.

Common sense lang naman, car manufacturers wouldn't REQUIRE all cars to be filled with the proper coolant mixture if it's not optimal.

People tend to draw their own conclusions din kasi usually based on lowering cost alone.
    yes it is a common sense to create our own conclusion based on our own observation and experience.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by red888
    as a side track, don't u notice that the engine filled with coolant, cools down slower, once the engine has been shut down, than the one filled with plain water ? or is this occuring in my case only ?
    Just a guess...

the evaporating water (no coolant) helps in the quicker cooling process since it has a lower boiling temperature.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    those red ultra long life coolant seem to be the one's that need changing after 100k kms..like the caltex long life coolants

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Speaking of coolant, may available ba na Evans NPG-R Waterless Coolant sa atin?

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=18&pcid=5

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    caltex na red coolant lang gamit ko. Ok naman sya.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    yes it is a common sense to create our own conclusion based on our own observation and experience.
    Agree, whether or not the personal conclusion is valid or correct is another matter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Extended Life Coolant (N) - RED
    Extended Life Coolant Pre-Mixed 50/50 -Orange

http://www.caltex.com.au/products_sp...ail.asp?id=318

Hmm, meron kaya nakakaalam ng price ng mga ito? Parang gusto ko yun pre-mix (tamad magtimpla).

Feedbacks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    5 liters premixed motul inugel coolant is 1400 fyi

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kung gusto mo makatipid, bili ka ng whiz coolant sa cash & carry. P150 petot lang per liter. coolant and anti-rust na sya. made in usa. actual location is inside the building where mercury drugstore is. it claims its designed to minimize/eliminate those deposits that accumulate from some formulas of other coolants. i used to use whiz in early 1990s pero switched to peak kasi mas mura noon. ngayon, whiz is cheaper na.

kung P300 per 2 years ang gastos mo, laking tipid nun versus spending for radiator replacement (thousands of petot). i never had to change radiators on 4 cars because i take preventive maintenance on them. not to mention the hassle kung mag-overheat yung kotse due to radiator problem. hope this helps.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
how important is coolant?