New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PK... that's bad news bro... sabi na nga ba... when sh*t starts happening to the CVT expect them (casa) to only respond by replacing the whole unit.

My theory also is that the metal belt inside the CVT might be slipping (although they claim that the metal belt will not slip) or that the pulleys might be damaged.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ang mahal pala masiraan nyan. Paano pa kaya yung DSG tranny.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    DSG is different... it's more like a traditional robotic manual, with clutches... so if the clutch wears out, that's all you have to replace.

The quote from Honda? Bull-sh*t. No way does that transmission cost half the price of the car. You could get a brand new engine and a transmission for that much!
    Last edited by niky; August 8th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe... 300K for the tranny... when you can have a brand new 2.0L engine for the Rav4 for "only" 400K.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    nakupo! plano ko pa naman bumili ng 2nd hand na jazz cvt. buti nalang nabasa ko itong thread na ito. isip isip muna ako.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Still, this is a rare thing... even the turbocharged guys at GDUnited are still on their original pulleys... something's not right there.

BTW, 6 months with the current owner... but how old is the car itself?

Interesting thread... PK, you might want to post it here:
    http://www.jazzcityunited.org/viewtopic.php?t=2301

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    It is the same for Nissan. CVT aren't being repaired but are replaced. They also cannot be rebuilt by 3rd party shops except for the manufacturer.
    The cost of a CVT replacement for a Nissan Murano here is about 5,000USD.
    Based on what I have read on other forums, the failure rate is the same as conventional trannys. The problem is that they aren't field repairable.
    Another thing, the problems exhibited by the CVT's seems to be electronic in nature and doesn't seem to stem from the belt or pulleys.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    worst case, pwede kaya ipalit na lang ng manual tranny?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Still, this is a rare thing... even the turbocharged guys at GDUnited are still on their original pulleys... something's not right there.

BTW, 6 months with the current owner... but how old is the car itself?

Interesting thread... PK, you might want to post it here:
    http://www.jazzcityunited.org/viewtopic.php?t=2301
    Hi Niky, the car itself is an 04 as far as i can recall.

thanks for the endorsement, i'll post the problem there as soon as i get all the details.

It's kinda expected naman to pay a premium in terms of maintenance for being an early adopter of new technology. Pero had Honda advertised that the tranny cannot be maintained part by part, then i would have advised my friend against getting the jazz.

It's so stupid, this policy of importing whole trannys instead of its parts.

Imagine to have to replace your precious B16A if a timing belt snapped!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by augustus View Post
    It is the same for Nissan. CVT aren't being repaired but are replaced. They also cannot be rebuilt by 3rd party shops except for the manufacturer.
    The cost of a CVT replacement for a Nissan Murano here is about 5,000USD.
    Based on what I have read on other forums, the failure rate is the same as conventional trannys. The problem is that they aren't field repairable.
    Another thing, the problems exhibited by the CVT's seems to be electronic in nature and doesn't seem to stem from the belt or pulleys.
    I do hope it's electronic. if string pulling in honda doesnt work, i might as well try doing the cvt reset procedure and cross my fingers. ;)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz CVT Problems