New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    worst case, pwede kaya ipalit na lang ng manual tranny?
    Yes sir, this is possible, but conversion to manual transmission will entail the replacement of a lot of ancilliary parts... sabi ng honda lalagpas pa daw ng 300k.

Grabe, hope you City/Jazz peeps dont go through this headache. The car was acquired for around 470k.....3/5ths pala nung cost ay tranny.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    PK... that's bad news bro... sabi na nga ba... when sh*t starts happening to the CVT expect them (casa) to only respond by replacing the whole unit.

My theory also is that the metal belt inside the CVT might be slipping (although they claim that the metal belt will not slip) or that the pulleys might be damaged.
    haaay pare, problema di sila nagdadala ng parts.... i'm never gonna endorse a cvt trannied car ever again kung ganito policy nila. i mean, pucha, you cant even overhaul the damn thing!?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about replacing it na lang with a conventional A/T tranny (not CVT)? wouldn't that cost much cheaper?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the car has less than 45k kms on the clock by the way.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    meron na kayang CVT transmission sa mga surplusan? how about sa ibang bansa?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Why haven't they tried the CVT reset?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A surplus CVT? It's possible if you can get a Japanese front-cut... which would cost much less than 300k.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Teka, tanung lang, diba dapat di mag roll ang auto tranny (D) on inclines, say sa bridge or driveway ng garage. Parang na defeat yun purpose kung bakit fav ng mga ladies ang auto tranny dahil no need to make "timpla" the gas and clutch in a manual tranny. Napansin ko ito when i drove the altis of my friend and was about to park it sa garage nila. nag slid down nun binitawan ko yun gas...gosh!!! hirap timplahin.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. Some ATs will roll back on slopes.

It all depends on how much power the car makes, and at what rpm the torque converter locks up. Until the torque converter is locked (usually at 2500 rpm or more), an AT car can be pushed backwards in gear if it has very little power and you just let it idle.

The Jazz has no torque converter, but I'm sure there's a feature there that acts like one when it's idling at a stop.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

hehehe..buti pa pala ang matic, kahit mahal, may repair/overhaul kit...or your can easily opt for a surplus..

hope ma solve to..i'll be lurking...(gusto ko pa naman din an jazz 1.5CVT or yung delica D:5 4wd cvt)

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz CVT Problems