New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are you serious? I always thought the CVT also had a lock mechanism to prevent it from rolling backwards. I thought that was a sign that something was wrong...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Are you serious? I always thought the CVT also had a lock mechanism to prevent it from rolling backwards. I thought that was a sign that something was wrong...
    I am bro. Our way out of the office is inclined. So, I experience it everyday....

Am not sure though if my understanding explains it....

3404:surfing:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my bro-in-law's 98 crv also a matic, but not cvt also slides back even when you leave it in D, noticed it when i was stuck in traffic at the shaw flyover. but my sister's 99 crv doesn't roll back.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Lancers also roll back. So I guess it's ok.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sakit sa ulo pala yang CVT kung magkaroon ng problems in the future...patay sa repair costs..buti nalang invecs2 lang itong sa outie ehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes, that's very true. Hay!!! No parts available, so you have to pay like more than a 2nd hand car to make your car go again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Incompetence ... local Honda mechanics apparently are not trained to repair the CVT, they are simply told to replace the CVT whenever they encounter problems with it. I am not a mechanic, but a CVT is supposedly a simpler mechanical device than a conventional A/T because it has lesser mechanical parts. If only a smart mechanic is given the chance to rip apart the CVT, it would be easy for him to figure out how it works and repair it at minimal cost. But ... err ... if the mechanic is that smart, he'd probablty be appointed service manager in no time.

For the rollback on an incline, some cars do and some don't, and depend on the grade of the incline (which could explain the difference even on the same car model).

A P300k quote is more of greed than real service quality concern. We got rid of our 2 honda cars and it will be a long time before we acquire a honda again. I'm still a honda fan but the local dealership totally sucks! I'd rather setlle with a Hyundai, sounds like Honda anyway, but way more economical.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we should be able to source the cvt tranny for you if you want.

have them replace the atf with cvt compatible atf muna though before ordering the whole tranny.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm surprised at several cars having automatic transmissions that do not lock when on an incline. Yung cars namin sa US they all have AT's and all lock pag nasa incline even the '92 Corolla. Kahit yung incline is shallow the Jazz still rolls back just slightly enough to make others think it's a manual.

Then when I stab the pedal mahina ang downshift compared to last year (when I was also here in Manila). It takes longer for it to downshift and accelerate. Before kasi, kaunting downshift lang (just prodding the pedal, not really stepping hard on it) will make it downshift kaagad, another prod will make another downshift, until I reach the desired acceleration. Ngayon I have to stab the pedal siguro mga two or three times. Do you guys experience the same thing with your Jazz CVT? Is this only for the Jazz? Did the City have CVT transmission as option?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *speedyfix,

sir I'm gonna have the unit checked in your shop one of these days. right now kasi its still in honda libis. I think honda already replaced the atf but to no avail.

engot talaga honda, the cvt has a stop clutch, does this mean they never plan to replace this?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz CVT Problems