New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi! I dunno much about cars, in fact im just a new member and a silent reader of forums here in tsikot hoping to learn more...Well I did learn a lot of things including some of those abbreviations like AFAIK, IMHO etc..

anyway, I need some suggestions..please help me. I got a lancer 93 GLi and just noticed that the inner part of the front wheels are far more worn out...Sobrang pudpod sha pero sa outer part hindi pudpud..IS this an alignment prob? or sa steering wheel or adapter maybe? ( nagpalit kasi ako ng steering wheel, 4 - 5 months ago...Ung rear tires pala mukhang even naman ung pagkakagamit..I didnt change tires pala, stock 13....
    and oh btw, Im planning to to have it repainted, any suggestions about color? I dont want it to look ricey...

Suggestions/Feedback will be appreciated..Thanks in Advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's the inner part only, then it's likely a toe or camber problem. You can have this checked at most tire and wheel shops.

To a lesser degree, it might also have to do with your tire pressures (might be too low) or sobrang lowered ang harap, whether sadya or because of worn out springs, kaya medyo cambered yung wheels.

Pero most likely, toe or camber. After so long, puwedeng mawala ang alignment ng tsikot dahil sa mga potholes at bumps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I see..Thanks a lot..I'l do that..ANother question..when they say "suspension" does it refer to the spring?, shocks? is it a specific underchassis part or a whole system? If yes ,what are the parts involved? It might be related since someone told me before that I need to have the suspension checked. I believe he said that because the car is noisy as hell in not so smooth pavement and really knocks hard on potholes. Its like a car with no spring or shock absorbers..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Suspension refers to a whole number of parts. There are suspension arms, anti-roll bars, springs and shocks. These are all affixed or fastened to each other and the body via bushings.

If your car is noisy over bumpy roads, it could be due to problems as simple as worn bushings or rubber seats under the shocks, or as bad as loose shocks or broken/busted bushings or joints. It's better if you have a mechanic listen to it.

It's also important to get a second opinion before committing to expensive repairs, just to make sure the mechanic isn't trying to make money off of you.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Okay...maybe il bring it to the service center of my suki gas station and get a second opinion at gts castrol in mindanao ave, i heard some sayin they offer excellent service...thanks for your quick reply.. il get back to this thread to inform you whatever these service centers recommend..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aight. Good luck!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    do you think changing steering wheel and the adapter could cause alignment problems? Im not sure if I misunderstood it pero parang may nabasa ako na ganyan na thread about that..just cant find that thread. I want to change my steering wheel ulet, most probably a bigger one since this old car is not power steering. Im afraid if this current problem wil be corrected, baka maulet ulit pag magpapalet ako ng manibela

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    when you have anything in your steering and suspension parts and even tires repaired/replaced, you should always have your vehicle aligned. and always rotate your tires once a year para pantay ang kain.

but of course, replacing your steering wheel wouldn't affect your vehicle's alignment, silly. it's more of a safety issue. the OEM steering wheel is supposed to be more ergonomic, and safer.

i also have a lancer gli 93. i'm telling you now, have your steering & suspension checked every year. mejo may problem pa ang suspension system ng lancer edition naten. madaling masira ang mga bushing, at mas maingay/matagtag talaga ang suspension naten. and it's not cheap to have it repaired.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    do you think changing steering wheel and the adapter could cause alignment problems? Im not sure if I misunderstood it pero parang may nabasa ako na ganyan na thread about that..just cant find that thread. I want to change my steering wheel ulet, most probably a bigger one since this old car is not power steering. Im afraid if this current problem wil be corrected, baka maulet ulit pag magpapalet ako ng manibela
    imho. kung steering wheel lang and adaptor, di affected ang ilalim. ang affected lang is how straight your replacement steering wheel was replaced. pag hindi aligned, naturally, ang alignment ng steering wheel compared to the path where the car is going is not aligned.

ang ilalim (or suspension) eh maaapektuhan lang pag may pinalitang component sa ilalim like shocks, sprints, joints, etc....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    Hi! I dunno much about cars, in fact im just a new member and a silent reader of forums here in tsikot hoping to learn more...Well I did learn a lot of things including some of those abbreviations like AFAIK, IMHO etc..

anyway, I need some suggestions..please help me. I got a lancer 93 GLi and just noticed that the inner part of the front wheels are far more worn out...Sobrang pudpod sha pero sa outer part hindi pudpud..IS this an alignment prob? or sa steering wheel or adapter maybe? ( nagpalit kasi ako ng steering wheel, 4 - 5 months ago...Ung rear tires pala mukhang even naman ung pagkakagamit..I didnt change tires pala, stock 13....
    and oh btw, Im planning to to have it repainted, any suggestions about color? I dont want it to look ricey...

Suggestions/Feedback will be appreciated..Thanks in Advance!
    what do you mean by front tire inner part,,,is that both front tire inner part (between left and right)or each front tire inner part worn out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP! alignment prob or what??