New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by momoyster View Post
    userfriendly: we have the same car, year model din. aside from the usual change in fluids/lubricants (engine oil was P 610/liter), and the corresponding filters, had additional parts replaced such as valve cover gasket, a rubber boot, and engine oil level sensor o-ring. then just factor in their labor charge, kapow! that was our bill na on top of that, i still have to have the pads replaced later on. the service advisor gave me a certain thickness of the pads and once it hits that mark, a warning light will come on already at the instrument panel. malapit na daw e
    Stealership robbed you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    m ron: yup, they did. might try other shops in the future

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    pads shouldn't be that expensive. maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 of that lang max for very decent brands na.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My dad decided to send the car to Autohaus.

Taked to the SA. He wants to change oil and filter, change fuel filter and air filter, replace coolant and brake fluid, check brake pads and sensors, alternator and fan belts.

I told him to go and change oil and filter but do not change brake fluid and coolant as it was last replaced by them last Sept 2005. Just top up if needed. He claims that according to BMW Phil, it needs to be replaced yearly bec of our climate and road conditions. Is this true or BS? Personally I think yearly change of coolant and brake fluid is to short, specially with dealer prices. What is your opinon?

Also told him not to replace parts and fluids without getting go signal from me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    He claims that according to BMW Phil, it needs to be replaced yearly bec of our climate and road conditions. Is this true or BS?
    Ideally. But we don't live in an ideal world.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sir for the brake fluid: it's true that our environment is totally different from Bavaria, but there should be a procedure for them to say that (a visual inspection should be minimum)

Autotechnika actually uses a handheld brake fluid tester that checks if your fluid is still functioning properly.

Shameless plug: We at Autotechnika - Fort can service BMWs (we also offer upgrades/aftermarket parts).

For the coolant: You don't need that unless there's signs of rust (if there is, you'd need a flush too)

Shameless plug again: we have lav'ramon cooling system cleaner.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yep, that what I felt when he said that brake fluid and coolant needs to be replaced. More so since the car is not used that much ave of 10,000 kms a year.

Sorry if OT. I did not know that there is a brake fluid tester. I do know that there are coolant testers. I saw one before when I was in Canada. Looks like a small pump with a guage that tells you the effective temp range of the coolant. Is it available locally?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better bring your car to Autovec cubao than the stealerships

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    userfriendly's dad wants to get rob again.Anyway any decent shop can do the maintenance on your bmw.No need for a special tools,you can even do it yourself.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka iisa lang ang owner ng BMW, Rapide at Zafra. :lol:

Tapos ang tire supplier nila ay Miller.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
bmw service