New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Just would like to share the pictures I took yesterday of the filter screen in my '98 starex auto tranny. It's the second time I did this, the first was over 4 yrs. ago. Compared to the first pan drop, there's no friction material on the screen but alot of iron fillings (no big chunks) attracted to the two small square magnets on the pan, some on the screen and a brownish red atf drained. This time I only used about 7 liters of new atf.

First pic below is the pan (w/ cork gasket intact) with the filter screen's underside (atf pump suction side) shown, next pic is the screen's topside that mates with the valve body (last pic w/ gasket intact) held by 6 pcs. 8mm bolts. Again, no gaskets where replaced.
    hi sir... when you dropped the pan, did you reseal it using the orange silicon gasket? or the old rubber gasket is enough and just tighten the bolts accordingly?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by abort_retry View Post
    hi sir... when you dropped the pan, did you reseal it using the orange silicon gasket? or the old rubber gasket is enough and just tighten the bolts accordingly?
    No gaskets were replaced, no sealant was used. Both pan and screen gaskets were reused for the second time. Also, silicon sealant is not advised since it may clog the screen if used on the pan gasket or may find its way to the pump and valves if used on the screen gasket. All bolts were tightened using a nut driver, 10mm pan bolts and 8mm screen bolts.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    No gaskets were replaced, no sealant was used. Both pan and screen gaskets were reused for the second time. Also, silicon sealant is not advised since it may clog the screen if used on the pan gasket or may find its way to the pump and valves if used on the screen gasket. All bolts were tightened using a nut driver, 10mm pan bolts and 8mm screen bolts.
    thanks sir... very informative....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    My answer to your questions:

1. we use Transtech by Motorvac kase when changing ATF. please refer na lang sa sa webpage about the equipment.

check this webpage:
    http://www.mancor.com.ph/prod_atfsc_transtech.html

P900 ang labor. and then the fluid we use is texamatic 200/L. you can bring your own fluid, pero sobrahan nyo ng 2-3 liters from the capacity. usually pag matagal hinde nagpalit ng ATF, kahit palitan mo nng bago iba pa ren yung kulay. hinde namen nire-release yung car pag ganun kase delikado yun. naghalo yung old at new ATF.

2. this is our address in Fairview: Lot 30 and 31 Fairview Ave. Fairview Park, Quezon City. WE ARE BESIDE BPI, infront of BDO. Lagpas ng konti sa Fairview Wet Market

Oh, and another thing: the promo in our website IS ONLY for AUTOTECHNIKA FORT. Just to make things clear. Magugulat yung service manager namen pag tinanong nyo sha about that.

IN Autotechnika Fairview, you can ask for Ernie.
    IN Autotechnika Fort Bonifacio, ask for Joven.
    They are our service managers.

I hope I cleared everything up.

Cheers.
    Sir, ano po yong "the promo in our website IS ONLY for AUTOTECHNIKA FORT", di ko yata napansin sa website. Available pa ba ito sa FORT branch nyo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot View Post
    Sir, ano po yong "the promo in our website IS ONLY for AUTOTECHNIKA FORT", di ko yata napansin sa website. Available pa ba ito sa FORT branch nyo?
    www.autotechnika.com under PROMO

till end of this month lang kaya punta na hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks MadoX! But it was more like http://autotechnika.com.ph/

The FREE 21-POINT DIAGNOSTIC CHECK UP looks nice, though I'm more interested with the ATF replacement thru transtech.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    sa fronte motorparts sa banaue meron, bro. they call it atf "dialysis". just forgot how much the service (atf included) costs.

yep tama ka broo.. sa fronte mas ok mag pa change atf.. sa trooper ko about 4,500.00 lahat na...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Torotot View Post
    Thanks MadoX! But it was more like http://autotechnika.com.ph/

The FREE 21-POINT DIAGNOSTIC CHECK UP looks nice, though I'm more interested with the ATF replacement thru transtech.
    ops sorry bout the missing .ph on the link

I'll tell you more about my transtech experience when I get it done tomorrow (saturday)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey guys,

came back from autotechnika FORT this morning. As I've said before here is my experience.

I came around 8:15 am and as usual asked the guard for a SA. The SA that came out was Percy. He immidiately took the car in the service bay and started to jack it up in 5 mins. (FYI, I scheduled this visit. So you might not get the same treatment if you went there and the service area is full) Then SA Joven came out and told the technician to use 24 liters. At this point I was kinda shocked that they would use 24 liters (more on this later). It took them 5 minutes to find the right connections where to place the TRANSTECH machine. They attched the unit to my car battery, started the engine, turned on the machine and placed my car into D and started the process of cleaning the ATF off my car.

At first glance you can really see the thick gunk (a.k.a. old ATF) come out of the car. It looked liked used motor oil. . But after about 6 liters the fluid started clearing up. And by the time it used 16 liters I think what clean ATF that was going in was going out as well, hence my system is clean. I noticed that new ATF is really liquidy in nature, not like that think stuff that initially came out so all in all I'm satisfied.

The whole process took only an hour and it seemed done correctly. Now I noticed that my car seems to change gears faster especially from 2nd to 3rd gear. I don't think I'm imagining it, I'll know for sure tomorrow, when I use my car again.

What I think about the experience of today:

1. Transtech is a brand of the machine that flushes out old ATF and brings in new ATF to your trasmission. Some people in other pages think that this is a process of changing the ATF. So remeber guys Transtech is a brand, ATF flush is the process. Just like Xerox is a brand and photocopying is the process (just to clarrify things, kasi pati ako nahilo eh )

2. You can't know how much ATF you'll need for ATF flushing, but based on my experience, I feel I kinda wasted 8 liters of ATF since they opened the whole case and I didn't stop them from doing so. At 200 a bottle I feel I wasted 1,600 php. Dont get me wrong, I don't regret it. So what should you do? well, my car is a 97' civic. Based on my estimates, you need six liters to flush old ATF, 4 liters for cleaning and 5 more liters for allowance and what's going to be left in the transmission. A total of 15 liters. I paid 5,700 for the atf flush on my car that used 24 liters.

I FEEL YOU CAN ALWAYS ADD MORE ATF TO THE TRANSTECH MACHINE IF YOU FEEL THE ATF COMING OUT IS STILL DIRTY, YOU BASICALLY OPEN A NEW BOTTLE AND ADD IT TO THE TRANSTECH MACHINE ATF RESERVIOR.

3. torque, you should consider giving the FREE 21 point to all your clients who gets repairs. It only took them around 10 minutes to check my car and I they basically just did a visual check on it.

4. don't get intimidated by the class design of autotechnika guys, the shop looks and feels great. It's really clean. only 1 bmw was there today, most of the shop had regular cars getting worked done. hehe..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pls recommend ng good brand of atf, dexron 3.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
ATF Replacement