New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sir don, yung astra ko ok naman po. parts are a bit expensive compared to jap rides pero super tibay and durable. medyo hard come-by rin, pero with the right people, sourcing is no problem at all. people sa thread na to can help u with that din! pm mo lang sila/ ako bigyan kita people to contact and places to go. maintenance parts like oil filter, plugs, fan belt, etc are cheap din kaya no problem! yung suspension is a bit on the stiff side kaya don't expect a smooth ride sa mga lubak. interior is plastiky pero ok na rin since people's car sa euro ito, kaya don't expect too much.

just to let you know, ang sakit ng astra sa aking experience is:

yung aircon, yung magnetic coil to be exact. pero had mine fixed sa tabi-tabi lang na aircon shop for 2k lang. sa lamig ok na ok naman aircon ng astra, no problem sa department na yun.

power windows sa likod (both of them!) flimsy yung design nung nag-hohold nung cable kaya in time magsa-snap yun! yung akin bumigay na, sa right side kc pinag laruan ng barkada one time. service dun kay elerick ay 3K pero sa tabi tabi lang kaya yun, la lang ako oras. pero pag naka luwag sa oras kaya ko rin gawin 'to.

medyo underpowered for a 1600cc car dahil sa bigat ng kaha. pero i'm not into racing naman and power is there pa naman.

sa ngayon yun lang problema na encounter ko. practically ok na ok lahat sakin pati electricals na dami kwento na masama..daw! very stable sa highspeed driving kaya di ka kakabahan lumagpas ng 140kph. tried it on my way to laoag and bikol. yun nga lang, nung naka 140 slow down na ako gradually to 80 at kinabahan na! hehehe!

if u are concerned sa practicality, get a jap ride since parts are kalat and cheapo, plus meron replacements pero beware sa longevity and durability. kung ako papiliin i'd get an ae101 or an ae111 if budget is right. if u are hell-bent on getting an astra 'wag ka kuha ng matic tranny since underpowered sobra DAW. if possible get the 2001 or 2002 model kc as per my mechanic yung daw ang mga pang hot climate na.

do a search dito sa site if u want additional inputs kc did that too b4 i bought my astra. laki tulong nitong site na 'to and people here are ready to lend a hand sa mga may problema so do not hessitate to post and pm them. welcome sir!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    forgot to mention pa pala na casa service is bad pero limited naman sa casa. i heard that gm shaw is the place to go or gm q. ave is ok din. haven't tried visiting shaw since layo na from where i live. i only go sa casa for my oil filter and plugs, and computer problems...twice to be exact. turned out na la naman pala problem, due na kc for tune up kaya may umilaw sa dash! hehehe! yung second salang ko sa computer, e wrong gas karga ko, pina-drain ko lang ok na ulit.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by don tan
    mga sir,

pwede ba makahingi ng comments and suggestions
    i'm planning to get an astra sana pero i get turned off by a lot of horror stories particularly with the maintenance of the car
    is it true that the multi info display and airconditioning always fail?
    marami rin nagsasabi na mahirap daw ang pyesa and mahal pa
    hope you can further enlighten me thanks!!!
    can't speak for the astra but my vectra has been worry free so far... my only expensive repair work is the replacement of the radiator, then again, that's my fault (won't expound on this, sorry).

right now i'm not very happy with the work done by autoworld, shaw. they misattached (according to a recommended mechanic in this forum) the intake manifold of my car and the rubber boots came apart while i was in baguio. thank god, when i called rene, he agreed to go up to baguio to fix my car. i'm going to try his services in the meantime instead of the casa.

i actually saw the boot was folded up where the two tubes meet. the worst part is that i went to the casa yesterday to ask for an explanation and/or solution to the problem, they told me that they had to take my manifold apart again to check the situation and that i would have to wait for the parts to be ordered before they can give me back my car. WTF????!!!! it's a good thing i asked if they had the parts in stock before allowing them to take the car apart. else the car would have been with them for that long. this is my 1st problem with them but i've lost trust already. sorry but the intake boot fitment shouldn't even be an issue in that it's right in f*ck*ng front of the mechanic while he's fitting the manifold... grrrrrr....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ok sir don, i take it back...terrible service sa LAHAT ng casa! that's why i don't go na rin sa casa for mechanical jobs. there are far more deserving and very able people out there for that.
    sorry to have heard such terrible news sa rad mo sir boylit. good thing andyan sina rene!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kami sa labas lang nag papagawa, mura na sure pa, sa casa kasi 50 50 no offense, just trying to be safe.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    mga sir,

thanks for all the inputs
    this forum is really helpful
    sir natasatanas maraming salamat sa mga feedback very detailed
    hopefully makahangout na ko dito if i find the right car
    thanks to all

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    would it be possible to put a sub system in the vectra using the stock stereo??? i wanna keep the existing display and steering wheel controls sana... if so, who does this kind of work???

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hi po...

kakabili ko lang ng opel astra 2002 model from a friend.... so far ok naman yung car......

tanong ko lang po... I am looking for a replacement para sa wipers ko... SWF po OEM dba.... san po meron nito? yung NWB kasi di kasya..... and also... H7 po ba yung bulb nung lo-beam nitong Astra? I'm planning on replacing it eh....

Thanks.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    here here...my astra's left wiper is also making funny noises. its irritating and i've been wanting to replace it. have u tried bosch sir? sorry, not familiar with the bulb. alam ko lang dyan basta same rating yung bulb from the astra, maski ano brand pwede.

Unofficial Opel Club! Calling all Opel Boys!