New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I overheated once after having the car for 7 years. The cause was a defective part that limits the flow of coolant during cold starts. I found out that part is not necessary here in the Philippines so we just removed it.

Even if it was overheating, konting alalay lang it kept on moving. So I was able to take it home and eventually to the repair shop.

Other than that, no other major problems.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a lingering impression that Nissan sedans are more prone to rust formation.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Build quality particularly for the B12 sentra was horrenduous.

First impressions last.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a lingering impression that Nissan sedans are more prone to rust formation.

It depend how's the owner kept the car & maintained. Base own my experience my nissan S3 mdl 96 okie naman. Maalaga kasi yung 1st owner & me too the 2nd owner.
    Importante kasi may garage pati.....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Perception of low quality. Perception of expensive parts. Bad dealer service.

I dont think that its a perception of low quality, the fact that nissan releases new models after another in such short period of time results to the units low resale value, the sentra series was released almost only a year apart from the next series,thus making your unit almost obsolete after a year, i think this would be the case for all cars with this kind of "marketing "
    when it comes to parts, it not that expensive as they say it is, bad service?? well to each his own, never had this one since year 1994, with the nissan eagle pick up

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I don't know about this Nissan bad reputation cliche but everytime my friends ask me what good used car to buy, I just always say Nissan and Honda.

As per experience, they're tried and tested. We've had a couple of Nissans in the big family, specifically Sentras. They're though. I used to think the new GX 1.3 is slow, but damn it's not.

Anyway, forget about the aircon, it's already a given. Hey, Nissan's power steering is much softer compared to other makes. Don't forget about the comfortable ride and strong pang-ilalim (B13 models up).

[SIZE=1]My preference would always be Nissan and Honda at #1.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]But yes, I currently drive a Mazda.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    Thanks for the inputs.

Is it really true that the aircon of nissan is way better than the other brands?
    marami na akong nadidinig tungkol jan....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yes sir, Nissan aircon satisfaction is proven as per experience with old and new Nissans, given that the owner doesn't suck on its maintenance.

I think it's because of the big condenser and maybe the compressor (Calsonic) or maybe not.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Yes sir, Nissan aircon satisfaction is proven as per experience with old and new Nissans, given that the owner doesn't suck on its maintenance.

I think it's because of the big condenser and maybe the compressor (Calsonic) or maybe not.

yun nga kaya ang dahilan bro, maski mga ibang lahi, yan din ang expression sa Nissan, malakas ang aircon.... pero bukod dun, wala na...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Build quality particularly for the B12 sentra was horrenduous.
    First impressions last.
    I have a 21 yr old first-owned box type B12 SGX with 180KMs clocked in to its ODO which still runs fine. had it stripped to metal twice in its lifetime, maintained the A/C and replaced the normal wear and tear items based on PMS/manual recommendations. Once lang ako tinirik, due to overheat and kasalanan ko pa dahil nde ko tinitignan rad fluid Still a dependable color-coding car for me. A/C is still good compared to my previously owned Galant shark. Not to mention na ilusong ko pa sa Ondoy to nung inahon ko pauwe sa house.

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I don't know about this Nissan bad reputation cliche but everytime my friends ask me what good used car to buy, I just always say Nissan and Honda.

As per experience, they're tried and tested. We've had a couple of Nissans in the big family, specifically Sentras. They're though. I used to think the new GX 1.3 is slow, but damn it's not.

Anyway, forget about the aircon, it's already a given. Hey, Nissan's power steering is much softer compared to other makes. Don't forget about the comfortable ride and strong pang-ilalim (B13 models up).

[SIZE=1]My preference would always be Nissan and Honda at #1.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]But yes, I currently drive a Mazda.[/SIZE]

Agree. i have the same N16 now as Isa1023's and it's been a solid performer now that its 2 years old. Battery pa lang nag-give in since purchase date.

Compared siguro to 1.8/2.0L engines, it's slower sa arangkada, but for normal drives, no problem at all. packed it already with 5 passengers plus myself with some luggages to Baguio and it didn't have a problem naman.

Plus, if nissan's were that bad, nde naman siguro mag-iinvest mga taxi companies nowadays for their fleet cars na kayod marino sa metro manila. As for parts and prices, compare it to Toyota's/Honda's, almost same lang, if not cheaper especially if you know where to source them.

Poor perception lang talaga ng marami which results to poor resale value; na advantageous for consumers looking for 2nd hand cars.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Why most people don't recommend nissan?