New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I've been searching for a 2nd hand car but my budget is kinda minimal. I've been researching for weeks now and it includes asking friends, officemates, even taxi drivers bout their thoughts and experience about car brands.

Just wondering, most people I've asked, they don't recommend nissan (particularly sentras). Kesyo sirain, mahal parts, and minsan mahirap ang piyesa. Any clarifications or thoughts bout this?

I'm eyeing for a nissan super saloon 96 - 97 model.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman sirain ang mga Nissan. Mahal ang parts, yes if you'll buy original. Marami ka naman mabibilhan na replacement parts ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually pabor nga sayo Nissan since buyer ka. Mababa talaga resale value ng Nissan...

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    How expensive ?

Is it 2x compare to mitsu or toyotas ?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually pabor nga sayo Nissan since buyer ka. Mababa talaga resale value ng Nissan...
    And why is that sir?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Perception of low quality. Perception of expensive parts. Bad dealer service.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dahil sa maling perception ng mga tao. As a former Nissan owner and has owned several car brands and makes in my lifetime, id say Nissan is the same with any other brand, actually nga namimiss ko na yung Sentra ko, yung civic ko na 99 model mas sirain pa

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitesmith View Post
    How expensive ?

Is it 2x compare to mitsu or toyotas ?
    Hardly. Spare parts for a Sentra cost about the same as for comparable Corolla parts if you go by the same parts brand and quality.

Nissan's bad reputation came from the 1989 Sentra... the sedan in particular... which had a reputation for poor suspension durability (our Sentra California hatchback, on the other hand, never had any suspension problems).

Ganyan lang... the stories about the suspension spread by word-of-mouth, and the idea that Nissans were garbage took root. Puro sabi-sabi. You know how it is in the Philippines... basta't sinabi ng matanda... totoo. Same as the idea that all Mazdas are gas guzzlers or that all Toyotas are rock-solid and unbreakable. The myth-conception simply hasn't caught up with reality.

That's not to say there are no problems with Sentras... but they're not categorically worse than any other mid-90's Japanese compact. The 96-99 cars are pretty good. Those were the last years of the Japanese-made Sentra. The 99-01 Exalta that came after was still good mechanically, but the Taiwanese-made and assembled electronics had some bugs. (But we're talking 10-15 year old cars here... anything that old will have at least some electrical problems)
    Last edited by niky; September 16th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Add that to the slow launching of new models every year, Nissan here gets outdated easily.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Perception of low quality. Perception of expensive parts. Bad dealer service.
    yep i agree. i would say na it came from the early 90's. almost everything from that era broke down, noises every where. but the quality improved through the years.

sa parts naman, medyo mahal kahit sa replacement. not double yung price more of 50% more.

quality of the sentras now are good. even the series 3 is a good buy IMO.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Why most people don't recommend nissan?