New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    aside from aircon, matitibay din ang mga Nissan cars mind you. Masyadong underrated ang Nissan dito sa atin because others say pangit ang service ng casa dito, low resale value etc. Hindi ganito ang factors na tinitingnan ko pagbili ng sasakyan. Service, parts napakaraming makukuhanan niyan yung iba kasi puro CASA lang ang alam.

*TS - ibahin mo ako, I recommend Nissan, my cousin owned a 96 Sentra SS, nabangga nga lang sa likod this year kaya naging total wreck na pero maganda pa rin tumakbo yun.

I have driven before a 1997 Nissan Cefiro, solid and fast car, and of course napakalamig ng aircon.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The aircon effectivity is due to the size of the condenser and evaporator. Later units (Exaltas) had Sandens instead of Calsonics, and they were still ice-cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a lingering impression that Nissan sedans are more prone to rust formation.
    The B12s... maybe but all those late-80's square cars are rust traps. The mid-90's models are no more prone to rusting than most other mid-90's models... Civics and 323s are much more prone to rust than Sentras.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ213 View Post
    I dont think that its a perception of low quality, the fact that nissan releases new models after another in such short period of time results to the units low resale value, the sentra series was released almost only a year apart from the next series,thus making your unit almost obsolete after a year, i think this would be the case for all cars with this kind of "marketing "
    Not true. The model change between B13 and B14 occurred just as quickly/slowly as the Corolla/Civic and Mitsubishi model change-overs. The B14 stayed in service between 1996-2001... with just facelifts occuring at the "model change" in 97 or 98 and with the introduction of the "Exalta" in 99. They're still the same car underneath.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Most of the horror stories about Nissan cars are not true. I owned a Nissan Sentra and Bluebird before, and I would say they're good. Aircon is superb. I really can't understand myself why Nissans command low resale values. I was even seriously thinking of getting the Murano Z51 but they say that value for money, it's not a wise buy.

Just maintain your Nissans properly, and your vehicles will put a smile on your face.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The mid-90's models are no more prone to rusting than most other mid-90's models... Civics and 323s are much more prone to rust than Sentras.
    True .. rusts and coating bubbles.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The trouble with Filipino motorists is that they don't know how to read specs and just rely on speculation and word of mouth. Masyado kasi sarado isip ng iba sa Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi. As a previous Nissan Sentra owner (B13 ECCS), the only major problem I experienced is the transmission in which the fifth gear disengages at 40 km/hr above and the mass air flow sensor. Other than that, due to wear and tear, mileage you will also experience the same problems with other Japanese cars- suspension rattles, overheating, electrical problems, body paint fading/ chipping, etc. Just follow the regular maintenance schedules and you will not get stranded in the middle of the road.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    After driving a Sentra for almost 2 years, I think that the bad reputation for Nissan comes from the lack of aftermarket parts and support. They aren't as common as Toyota and Honda. Even the casa's aren't that good. Tried to fix the Sentra (which was acquired second hand by my dad) by bringing it to the casa but after spending a lot trying to make it reliable, there were still problems with the electrical system that could only be fixed by buying a new harness.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    had a b14 before and it was problematic but that was due to the previous owner... di niya inalagaan...

pag di gaano malaki ang budget... mas pabor ang nissan kasi you can buy a younger car at the price of older hondas ang toyotas... weird kasi may may late 90s/early 2000s na exalta priced as low as 150k to 180k... at that price sa honda baka esi lang katapat...

i still have my honda pero bulutong sa bubong ang nakikita ko.... although ok naman makina at consumption ng civic kaya maintain ko pa rin...

if i have a low budget and i want a sedan... i will look for a b13 na eccs... this is still being manufactured and sold (brand new) in south america... i think, suspension is better than b14 especially sa rear... and a lot of people are saying that the b13 eccs's engine ga16de is better than b14's ga16dne because of the eccs/intake thingy...

as to the wrong perception of pinoys sa nissan, nakakalungkot kasi eto pa rin ang 2nd/3rd sa japan sa sales... meaning, the japanese trust these cars... why shouldnt we?

xtrail, patrol, murano???? are these bad cars? hell NO!!!!!!

uulitin ko... mas pabor ito sa mga taong naghahanap ng 2nd hand car... i will choose a 2nd hand nissan in a heartbeat kung ako ay naghahanap ng 2nd hand... (basta medyo naalagaan)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i'd recommend the 96-99 nissans. not the ones made after (taiwan/yulon sentras). i think these were the best sentras ever sold here in the philippines.

the b13 (92-95) sentras are actually very good as well, however, these are very old, so finding one in pristine condition would be harder.

i've owned a b13 (92 jx) and an N16 (2001 GS 1.6) and i was pretty happy with both cars. i think that the b13 was more durable though, the plastics and electronics of the n16 were starting to give when i sold it a few months ago. the things that started to give were all part of the car's accessories (being feature packed since it was the top of the line grandeur)---this included the sunglass holder, power locks, lcd screen. but i had no problems with the car's engine/aircon/suspension, apart from all the usual maintenance.

however, it will probably take a long time before i consider getting another nissan. when i sold my last sentra, current model pa rin yung N16 (malapit na siya mag 10th year anniversary sa market). eh kung magpapalit na rin lang ako, dun na ako sa mas bagong model. so unless they come out with anything fresh (the new sentra 200 i feel just isn't worth the 1M++), i would buy other brands. if your budget limits you to get a second hand car, i would recommend the b14 sentra (non-exalta) over any mazda/ford/mitsubishi. maybe not over a honda or toyota because they aren't in the same price range anyway.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hardly heard relatives and friends look down on Nissans compared to the TS. UNLESS looks ang paguusapan of course - lol!

Maintenance wise oks naman ang Nissan. Maintenance is real cheap kahit sa casa pa for my N16. Replacement parts mura din (just had the belts replaced at just 1K). After 3 months may tawag pa to remind you of the PMS and after having it done may feedback call pa for the service received.

So far no complaints except for the outdated looks. If that's not an issue and most of the time isn't (unless form over function ka), then go for Nissan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive a host of vehicles from different manufacturers and Nissan is no worse than the other brands.

My daily driver is a Nissan, btw.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Why most people don't recommend nissan?