New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Dami mo naman gusto bilhin. Sa kabilang tread lynx gusto mo. Dito naman nissan. Ano ba talaga gusto mo?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    he's shopping for ideas, naman.
    that's what tsikot.com is for.

yung sentra na lang.
    mas madali maintenance, malamang.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    he's shopping for ideas, naman.
    that's what tsikot.com is for.

yung sentra na lang.
    mas madali maintenance, malamang.
    Hmmm.. ok. My bad.

Parang copy paste kasi ang comments nya.

Agree. Sentra it is. Maintenance of the lynx is a b*tch. Those camshaft sensors are darn expensive for an old car

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Do you guys think that 2002 Exalta Grandeur is still a good buy at 2020? This'll be my first car and I am thinking if bibili ako ng cash (exalta grandeur) or mag finance ng secondhand car which I am thinking of Civic FD or 2009 City.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzgerald View Post
    Do you guys think that 2002 Exalta Grandeur is still a good buy at 2020? This'll be my first car and I am thinking if bibili ako ng cash (exalta grandeur) or mag finance ng secondhand car which I am thinking of Civic FD or 2009 City.
    A good commuter car it may be but a Civic FD is a better car overall in all aspects. It has really nice interiors and comfortable to ride. FC would be around 7-8 km/L on city driving assuming the engine is in good condition. Its primary weakness is the front suspension as the front rubber suspension bushings need regular replacement.

Since Nissan has low resale value locally, I guess some decent used ones would be around 100k nowadays.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the newer models sentra, the ones we frequently used to see as taxis, will probably be a better buy.
    there's more of them, so i expect more spare parts around.
    also, someone said the fuel injection models and not the carburator models, are more reliable and will need less maintenance.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the newer models sentra, the ones we frequently used to see as taxis, will probably be a better buy.
    there's more of them, so i expect more spare parts around.
    also, someone said the fuel injection models and not the carburator models, are more reliable and will need less maintenance.
    The N16 Sentra platform was sold in the Philippines for more than a decade (2001 to 2012). The first ones were sold as Exalta Grandeur models (GS, DS, GX) but later on sold as Sentra in various trims (GX, GSX, GS, GT180).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The N16 Sentra platform was sold in the Philippines for more than a decade (2001 to 2012). The first ones were sold as Exalta Grandeur models (GS, DS, GX) but later on sold as Sentra in various trims (GX, GSX, GS, GT180).
    as i recall, taiwan was involved in the first exaltas. some auto journalists mentioned it, "for whatever real or imagined advantages and disadvantages it suggested".

i do not know how to take this, but getting a more recent model is probably a good idea.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 14th, 2020 at 04:17 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    as i recall, taiwan was involved in the first exaltas. some auto journalists mentioned it, "for whatever real or imagined advantages and disadvantages it suggested".
    The first Exaltas were based off the B14 platform and were sold as the Exalta STA between 1998-2000. NissanPH was still under Japan supervision then.

In 2001, Yulon (Nissan Taiwan) took over operations in the country. They brought in the N16 Sentra/Pulsar platform while some other parts of the world had the B15 and B16 platforms.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    main dilemma is the pricing. I am confused whether to purchase an exalta or finance a civic fd for 4 years. car masters, do you think the difference between the two are really night and day?

for comparison sake: the grandeur that i am eyeing is almost just the downpayment for a financed civic fd. i wonder if their difference is worth 4 years of payment lol.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    main dilemma is the pricing. I am confused whether to purchase an exalta or finance a civic fd for 4 years. car masters, do you think the difference between the two are really night and day?

for comparison sake: the grandeur that i am eyeing is almost just the downpayment for a financed civic fd. i wonder if their difference is worth 4 years of payment lol.
    what is your budget, po?
    are you open to both brand new and used car?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Nissan Sentra Exalta 2002 Reviews