New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, The Sentra Exalta STA is one of the best second hand cars to buy. So much creature comforts for so low a price. If you want a car that goes from point A to B with much comfort, this is it.

Sure, there are some problems that comes with it but all of them have solutions and with a wide network of Sentra users locally, you'll always find yourself in good company.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Sentra's short suspension travel has been a perennial problem. Nice to know the Parraults still fit the new ones.

Wulf, you can get them at that Nissan parts store in Evang... (EDIT: Oops, Banaue pala... the Nissan parts store) it's near Quezon Ave, but I don't recall which side. Best to buy them there, then go to a good suspension shop to have them installed (front and back... they do wonders) and have the alignment checked at the same time.

Agreed, the STA is a wonderful car. You just have to take extra good care of it to make sure all the toys stay in working order.
    Last edited by niky; January 10th, 2006 at 05:59 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the 2002-onwards N16 Exaltas never had sunroof/moonroof... i think ur talking about the 2001 or 2000 Exaltas that had moonroof and sunroof.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618
    the 2002-onwards N16 Exaltas never had sunroof/moonroof... i think ur talking about the 2001 or 2000 Exaltas that had moonroof and sunroof.
    OK. It must be a 2001-model Exalta then, since it is labeled as a GS model. Did Nissan started releasing GS models on that year or a bit later? Is there a big difference between 2001 and 2002 GS Exaltas?

Thanks for all the inputs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got my Parauts from Blazer Marketing along Kitinlad St. in Banawe. It's the last road before E. Rod. If you're on Banawe going to E.Rod, make a right where YEN is then go down a few meters, it's the shop with a roof on the parking space and a Federal Mogul sign.

The 2001-2002/03 N16 Exalta also had a moonroof equipped version (LS ata yun), a variant below the GS Grandeur pero kaunti lang yata.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    MAF cleaning sprayan mo lang konting contact cleaner yung sensor pwede na. Never touch it physically.
    sir,how do i know w/c one's the MAF? also, where to buy the contact cleaner? tenkstenks!

vinj, niky, thanks again.will check those shops out.

sarap talaga mag-tsikot!konting browse, & w/out even looking for it, voila! instant car ride/efficiency/performance improvement!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    and one last thing...talk about power...gli's will eat dusts!

city
    What the heck are you talking about?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    By the way, ano yung stock audio unit ng 2001-2002 Exaltas? In-dash CD? Cassette? Or disc-changer ready na? Thanks ulit, mga tsikoteers...

Quote Originally Posted by squala
    What the heck are you talking about?

something wrong?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The MAF is the little black box attached to the intake. It consists of a plastic tub (inline with the intake tubing) with a box attached to it, to which wiring from the harness is connected. Removal usually requires a socket wrench to remove it from the airbox... the wiring has a snap connector that's easy to remove. The sensor is hanging inside the tube near the middle. Be careful never to touch it and spray it carefully.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Nissan Sentra Exalta 2002 Reviews