New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 131 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1449
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbogs View Post
    Just finished test driving the terra 4x2 vl and the navara 4x4 vl medyo feels heavier ang terra kaysa navara, ride was smooth on both units sa highway and rough roads comparing to my montero the terra seems much stronger and feels like a truck...
    Anyway wifey and family already like the terra over the new 2020 monty more spacious daw inside at may tv daw...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Nice, looks like you'll be getting a new Terra sir. Advance congrats!

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beastbogs View Post
    Just finished test driving the terra 4x2 vl and the navara 4x4 vl medyo feels heavier ang terra kaysa navara, ride was smooth on both units sa highway and rough roads comparing to my montero the terra seems much stronger and feels like a truck...
    Anyway wifey and family already like the terra over the new 2020 monty more spacious daw inside at may tv daw...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Congrats sir!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nakakapanibago lang sa Terra. I was used to driving the Sylphy and once in a blue moon lang ako makakita ng ibang sylphy - and I like it. With this Terra, kalalabas ko pa lang ng EDSA, there are like 10 same cars already. It's like everyone has one. LOL

--------

The transmission is hanging on too long sa 1st and 2nd gear before lumipat sa 3rd and 4th. I consciously try to control its shifting. I love the surge of power though. Ang lakas talaga. I follow a preset driving line (racing line) in EDSA and I love driving this better than the sylphy although mas ok ang arangkada ni 1.8L Sylphy from zero. I hope Nissan updates the TCM software to a more aggressive shifting.

------------------

The lack of player option in the monitor is a bit annoying though. almost 2M and it doesn't have a freakin player. What have you tried guys for the HDMI input?

Wala naman ako napansin na insufficient yung braking power nya. ANo ba symptoms sa inyo?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

--------

The transmission is hanging on too long sa 1st and 2nd gear before lumipat sa 3rd and 4th. I consciously try to control its shifting. I love the surge of power though. Ang lakas talaga. I follow a preset driving line (racing line) in EDSA and I love driving this better than the sylphy although mas ok ang arangkada ni 1.8L Sylphy from zero. I hope Nissan updates the TCM software to a more aggressive shifting.
    Regarding the shifting, this was also our observation when we test drove it with my friend.
    My friend still bought the Terra and that shifting characteristic was still present.

After a few thousand kms, he suffered an issue with his start stop module (dont know the exact term/code).

He had it fixed under warranty and he told me disconnect nila battery.

Since that was the case, i told him might as well have nissan reset the software ng transmissjon to avoid any problems down the line.

After he got his unit back, he told me shifting of 1st and 2nd was different.

Maybe ask nissan to do the same when you have it serviced. Hopefully might make ot behave more to your liking.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Regarding the shifting, this was also our observation when we test drove it with my friend.
    My friend still bought the Terra and that shifting characteristic was still present.

After a few thousand kms, he suffered an issue with his start stop module (dont know the exact term/code).

He had it fixed under warranty and he told me disconnect nila battery.

Since that was the case, i told him might as well have nissan reset the software ng transmissjon to avoid any problems down the line.

After he got his unit back, he told me shifting of 1st and 2nd was different.

Maybe ask nissan to do the same when you have it serviced. Hopefully might make ot behave more to your liking.

Yes, interesting tip. I'd probably do that sa 1K checkup along with the alignment check. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nakakapanibago lang sa Terra. I was used to driving the Sylphy and once in a blue moon lang ako makakita ng ibang sylphy - and I like it. With this Terra, kalalabas ko pa lang ng EDSA, there are like 10 same cars already. It's like everyone has one. LOL

--------

------------------

The lack of player option in the monitor is a bit annoying though. almost 2M and it doesn't have a freakin player. What have you tried guys for the HDMI input?

Wala naman ako napansin na insufficient yung braking power nya. ANo ba symptoms sa inyo?
    Know how you feel. One of the reasons why I got into Nissans before was there were only a few of the same cars on the road.

Here in our village on the same street there're 3 of us with the exact same car down to the variant and color.

When do you feel the tranny sticks too long to 1st and 2nd? Is it on a level road? Haven't noticed on mine.

I don't get the complaint about the brakes either. They're plenty strong for me. And more importantly well balanced and modulated.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Know how you feel. One of the reasons why I got into Nissans before was there were only a few of the same cars on the road.

Here in our village on the same street there're 3 of us with the exact same car down to the variant and color.

When do you feel the tranny sticks too long to 1st and 2nd? Is it on a level road? Haven't noticed on mine.

I don't get the complaint about the brakes either. They're plenty strong for me. And more importantly well balanced and modulated.

it's less than 100Kms so baka dahil bago pa. Usually on flat road. I'll observe til 1K tapos pa-reset ko to see. Pwede ko rin naman tanggalin yung battery pero kasi minsan nagloloko yung key recognition (happened to my Sylphy when I was trying out different batteries).

Mine is a Gray VL. Maganda sana yung white and black kaso I don't have time to wash it often kaya sa middleground ako. Pansin ko lang medyo greenish gray ito unlike ng sylphy na metallic brown-gray.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    it's less than 100Kms so baka dahil bago pa. Usually on flat road. I'll observe til 1K tapos pa-reset ko to see. Pwede ko rin naman tanggalin yung battery pero kasi minsan nagloloko yung key recognition (happened to my Sylphy when I was trying out different batteries).

Mine is a Gray VL. Maganda sana yung white and black kaso I don't have time to wash it often kaya sa middleground ako. Pansin ko lang medyo greenish gray ito unlike ng sylphy na metallic brown-gray.
    I usually keep a light foot on 1st to 2nd to short shift it a little. It just seems quicker vs revving it up high in those gears.

Yeah the gray color has a greenish tinge. I have the same color. Unfortunately dumihin din sya like black. Would've opted for Pearl white if I had the chance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The transmission is hanging on too long sa 1st and 2nd gear before lumipat sa 3rd and 4th. I consciously try to control its shifting. I love the surge of power though. Ang lakas talaga. I follow a preset driving line (racing line) in EDSA and I love driving this better than the sylphy although mas ok ang arangkada ni 1.8L Sylphy from zero. I hope Nissan updates the TCM software to a more aggressive
    if the trans is holding 1st and 2nd longer.. thats actually "aggressive"

if it shift to 3rd or higher gears then its in normal or eco mode.

transmission learns driver inputs, which sucks for the most part because if you drive aggressively then it is aggressive most of the time.

only way to make it go eco mode or normal is having the tcm reset. some can be done with a battery disconnect but some require a tool.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Being new, TCM is probably still in learn mode. Yun pa pala kulang sa Terra. No sport or eco modes.