New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    *Horsepower

I am just curious with regards to the harshness issue you mentioned Horsepower. Is it possible that the fuel you topped up with was "Stale" or old. Given that our petrol fuels should be 10% bioethanol and that raises the RON rating/augments it to satisfy, could that have causes the harshness because the ethanol already evaported and you ended up having lower RON than advertised?

*SELEGNA_35
    I have tried using the sport button but since it is a CVT, I don't know of the benefit for actually accelerating, but I would see benefits in using it as a way to engine break via accessing ala overdrive mode. The shift points doesn't appear to change much or are barely noticeable and I've seen reviews who have said that they don't see any perceivable difference with going with sport mode or regular drive.
    I'm not sure what really caused it but after a short while it went back to normal. The difference in power delivery between RON 91 and 95 is apparent. Of course, this can only be validated via blind test. I can cruise at 80, by merely tapping on the gas from time to time at 1200-1300 rpm to sustain the speed. I don't remember it being possible with RON91 but I will test should I load with 91 again.

Sport mode is useful when readying to overtake or escape a build up. When you activate Sport mode, the engine will roar (when you press the gas pedal with gusto) and will keep the RPM to 3000+ rpm range so a light tap is enough to boost you out of your position. From what I understand, it's just the CVT being told to go through the whole range of every "speed" step to keep the engine power at high. At normal (Sport off), the engine steadily upshifts that's why the RPM is normally just a tad above 1,000 rpm even at cruising speed. After this fuel load is done, my next load will be Shell RON95 or higher (because I got free 1,500 worth of shell fuel) so I'll post my observation once I do.

I'm toying with the idea of chroming my rims. Bagay kaya?

See you guys on the road!

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    My Sylphy is at 2000+ kms na. And hindi pa ako nakapag 1k km PMs. Should I be worried? Wala pa kasi daw available na oil dito sa Davao?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Replace engine oil already, buy oil outside.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by frostentangle View Post
    My Sylphy is at 2000+ kms na. And hindi pa ako nakapag 1k km PMs. Should I be worried? Wala pa kasi daw available na oil dito sa Davao?
    Magpa change oil ka na sir. Insist that casa use the oil you are to bring, not your fault na wala sila stock.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Replace engine oil already, buy oil outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    Magpa change oil ka na sir. Insist that casa use the oil you are to bring, not your fault na wala sila stock.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Any specific brand and type of oil na dapat bilhin?
    Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Any specific brand and type of oil na dapat bilhin?
    Thanks!
    Sir mineral oil lang, magpapalit ka din naman pag 5K ka na. Check the recommended viscosity sa manual.

Check the bottle of the oil din for the rating. API SN ang most current, kung ano ang cheapest available sa area mo ayun na kunin mo, basta SN ang rating.

Communicate with your casa muna sir. Kung matatagalan pa ang dating ng stock nila, bumili ka na ng sarili mo.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    kwento ko lang.

This morning, I went to park at a fastfood chain to get breakfast. While I was in line, I heard someone speaking behind me "Sa'yo yung Sylphy?"

Curious I turned around. And he was actually talking to me.

Apparently he saw me parking the car.

And he was asking me how it was to drive and how it is overall. All I could say was, it's great for me. And he said something as seeing it as a better value than the Altis which I agreed with him.

But I'm sorry to whoever the guy was because I was still a bit sleepy and my mind was literally elsewhere. I didn't expect anyone to just come up to me to ask me about the car.

So I wasn't being a prick or rude if I came out that way. I was just "not prepared" as it was a public place and I don't experience that type of interaction normally. hehe! =)

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    Sir mineral oil lang, magpapalit ka din naman pag 5K ka na. Check the recommended viscosity sa manual.

Check the bottle of the oil din for the rating. API SN ang most current, kung ano ang cheapest available sa area mo ayun na kunin mo, basta SN ang rating.

Communicate with your casa muna sir. Kung matatagalan pa ang dating ng stock nila, bumili ka na ng sarili mo.
    Got that. Thanks sir.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Nakapag 1000km PMS narin sa wakas.

Medyo mas mahal konti dito sa Davao.
    Oil - P795 per liter
    Oil Filter - P570

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Nakapag 1000km PMS narin sa wakas.

Medyo mas mahal konti dito sa Davao.
    Oil - P795 per liter
    Oil Filter - P570
    Mahal nga sir, almost 200 yung difference sa presyo ng oil. P600 dito sa Manila e.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy