New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    A quick press doesn't usually work for me,

So for now, I really hold the button down and wait 1 to 2 seconds then the trunk suddenly pops open =)

Just a simple press seems not to work. I guess it's also okay to avoid suddenly opening when you accidnetally just graze/press it when you are putting it in your pocket as you walk away from parking =)

About sa tinting, sa sobrang excited ko nalimutan ko pa full tint front windshield. Eh naputul na nila. Entirely my fault. papagawa ko na lang full tint sa 1k pms check. Alam na SA ko =)

Congrats on your new ride. =)

And yes, that blue =)

EDIT 1: As far as I know, wala tayong speed sensing locks na built in like Toyotas. Ang autolock lang natin is pag engaged yung alarm/lock sa keyless and you press unlock. Wait ka 30 seconds, dapat may autolock siya ulit magisa.
    Wow! It works, I really need to press it for 2 seconds. Thanks a lot, I am just too excited to drive the car home and forgot to ask a lot of things at the casa.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    lahat ba kayu sir my free rear cam? ayaw pumayag ng SA ko sa southwoods hahaha

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    lahat ba kayu sir my free rear cam? ayaw pumayag ng SA ko sa southwoods hahaha

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Lipat ka ng agent. Ako kasi, I really have no plans of buying a vehicle this soon, much more a sedan. Ford Ranger pa siguro or yung Ford Everest 2015 pero biglang naisip ni cmdr na pag-aralin ang aming panganay sa pre-school (which is a bit far from our home) so naisip namin na bilhan na lang sya ng kotse nya para di ma-hassle sa pag-travel. Wala kasing school bus service yung school sa area namin. She is the one who chose the car, seconded by the mother. hehe. That was with a diff agent, who said that he can't give the free rearcam.

So, nag-text ulit itong si Shaw agent (who gave us a flyer while we were passing by their booth at a Mall). I replied, sige, I'll think about it, pero a free rearcam might make me decide faster... so he said, he'll ask the manager. Invited us to a "private sale" and we attended just to see what they can offer. So, yun told us the rearcam is good to go.

At that point, di na ako makatanggi because the ball is in my hands. I had to shoot it. The color we wanted is available (actually gusto ko talaga white but white, due to Manila pollution, is prone to yellowing). I had to get the Gray one because it's a good balance between exotic and practical. In bright sunlight, it looks like golden brown. At night, it looks like black. The good thing is, even if it's dirty, it still looks decent.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

EDIT 1: As far as I know, wala tayong speed sensing locks na built in like Toyotas. Ang autolock lang natin is pag engaged yung alarm/lock sa keyless and you press unlock. Wait ka 30 seconds, dapat may autolock siya ulit magisa.
    The manual says that we do. There's a procedure but I can't seem to make it work. I asked North EDSA and they said they can activate it with their computer. I'll post a feedback after they try.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi sir ano ung square hole sa right side ng bumper? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by krazeyrock View Post
    Attachment 22038

My sylphy 1.8 during preparation for tinting. ( Due to my excitement taking it home, I noticed that they did not remove the DENR sticker on my windshield when they applied the full windshield tint)

Attachment 22039

At the gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Hi sir ano ung square hole sa right side ng bumper? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's for a tow hook attachment whichis part of the tools set to be turned over to you.. Just open that "hole" and attach the hook.

EDIT 1: * Horsepower -Really??? I'd have to check up on that and ask my SA as well. Thanks for the heads up. =)

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    I checked with my SA. Specifically for me, the 1.6 does not have Speed Sensing locks nor does it have an Eco mode button. The Ecomode button should be below the driver side aircon vent, where three button can be placed (Traction control, cruise control i think and the eco button). So mine is all blanked out =)

I also checked the manual and it does indicate, if equipped. don't know if the 1.8 has an eco button or speed sensing locks.

Just a quirk I found again. I was coasting to a crawl around 20kph as I was approaching the intersection and I had to suddenly slam the brakes because a bike was going to jump the corner. Afterwards, I tried to accelerate again to climb a slight incline (bump because of uneven asphalting) and I just would not move (just pressed the pedal about 1500rpm max for 2 secs). I suspected that the CVT was stuck on 2nd gear thinking I had enough grunt to climb (but there was a climb so meh). I had to shift to N then back to D so that it would revert to "1st gear" and it moved with the same rpm.

So I guess its a CVT quirk and its just one of those instances that rarely happen I guess. But if they do, just presence of mind not to be alarmed. =)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Whoa, more and more Sylphy owners are popping up! It's good that people realize that Nissan makes good or better cars than Toyota and Honda. I still feel special driving my Xtrail CVT as it is rare on the road.:D

Stock speakers of Nissan sounds good in general. The only issue I have with my Xtrail is the radio reception, it easily muffles in certain parts of Edsa or if I reach SCTEX, the reception of Manila is gone already. I hope they improved this with Sylphy and Altima. Do the LED lights look good for the 1.8L? The new Accord has LED lights as well and it looks good.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi Nissan Sylphy owners, we're selling accessories for your units. Check out our page at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2332841&type=3

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I checked with my SA. Specifically for me, the 1.6 does not have Speed Sensing locks nor does it have an Eco mode button. The Ecomode button should be below the driver side aircon vent, where three button can be placed (Traction control, cruise control i think and the eco button). So mine is all blanked out =)

I also checked the manual and it does indicate, if equipped. don't know if the 1.8 has an eco button or speed sensing locks.

Just a quirk I found again. I was coasting to a crawl around 20kph as I was approaching the intersection and I had to suddenly slam the brakes because a bike was going to jump the corner. Afterwards, I tried to accelerate again to climb a slight incline (bump because of uneven asphalting) and I just would not move (just pressed the pedal about 1500rpm max for 2 secs). I suspected that the CVT was stuck on 2nd gear thinking I had enough grunt to climb (but there was a climb so meh). I had to shift to N then back to D so that it would revert to "1st gear" and it moved with the same rpm.

So I guess its a CVT quirk and its just one of those instances that rarely happen I guess. But if they do, just presence of mind not to be alarmed. =)
    Yes, went to North EDSA yesterday morning and the Service Manager said that our cars aren't equipped with Speed-sensing locks. In his opinion, it will actually prolong the life of the actuators, not having such.

I asked if we can install an alarm (although when was the last time anyone paid attention to an alarm-ing car?). He said that at this time, he advises against this. He said that our cars are equipped with Three (3) computers (ECU?) so they have yet to expand their knowledge base regarding the routes in doing that. Apparently (and hopefully!), there is no way anyone can open the car, much more make it start without the intelligent key. I reckon the 1.6 and 1.6CVT must be equipped with better than average chipped keys.

The CVT is apparently a learning, computerized transmission so it must be still adapting to your driving norms. Mine is pretty predictable already. I reckon the guys at my back must be wondering whether i'm driving a Manual or an AT because I can jump quickly.

My only gripe is the fuel consumption. At this time, having run ~750kms, I am only averaging 6.2km/L accdg to the computer. Now at below 1/4 on the fuel gauge, my distance to empty is around 60kms. I have ran, so far, 250kms from last full tank (40L load). ~300kms/40 is 7.5km/L though. With the comfort and speed, most importantly, the joy of driving it, ok na rin. Pure city driving with frequent indulgence on the sport mode especially when escaping build-ups.

2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy