New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A Sylphy 1.8 does 0-100 kph in about 11.5 sec. Still faster than a Mazda 3 and probably faster than an Altis 1.6. It's not the acceleration per se that's lacking, but probably the seat-in-the-pants feel since this is a CVT that doesn't try to be sporty.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    I think it's only the 2.0L Altis whose CVT was programmed to feel like a "normal" automatic tranny. Hehehe!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    MT will never disappear, because there will always be REAL MEN out there!
    heh heh.
    joke, of course..

... bossing, magkano ulit ang cash price ng almera mid AT..? wala bang discount? parang toyota ka naman.. heh heh..
    Yeah, I agree. For compact sedans, I don't think they can do away with manual transmissions completely. But getting it on the high end variant, on a Nissan at that, will probably not happen.

It's not about being manly, rather it's about the convenience of AT as most of these cars will be city driven.

I just hope that the CVT of the Serena will be more durable than the CVT that plagued the previous generation City.
    Last edited by IMm29; June 20th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Got my gray 1.8 CVT last Monday (actually, not mine, but for my 3yo preschooler). Got free rearcam and tint. Got no free EWD though (isn't this a standard accessory??). Got it via bank financing. BPI gave the best deal at 24% but too late the hero so we ended up with Chinabank at 26%. Insurance with Mapfre. Over the course of 5 years, that's 15K I lost with Chinabank so I asked the agent to get at least that from Chinabank for his commission.

Ab initio, I told the agent (Shaw) that I want everything clear: that it's his business to rake commissions from every avenue and it's our business to get the car at the least cost to us. When we meet in the middle, a sale with transpire, and transpire it did.

Car is at 19kms when we got it. I take back what I said that the acceleration is bleh. It only takes some time pala to get used to CVT (first time ko e). This car is fast. City pa lang, haven't tried hiway pa but the short runways, I can get to 100+ easy. The 4-disc brake system is packed with more than ample stopping power. The transmission, for an A/T, is surprisingly quick to bite that I can do in-traffic overtakes (singit) with ease and above all, confidence.

HIDs came too high, North EDSA was gleeful to correct it for free (they're like 5mins away from my house but on the day I was randomly calling to buy a car, no one answered their sales line). The Auto light feature is a bit fuzzy (or it's me) as I can't predict when it'll turn off the lights. My front windscreen (v-kool) is lightest shade. Good thing I chose that because the sensors are in the forepart of the dashboard.

I am having some trouble with the FM reception of the Sony 2DIN stereo. I've read somewhere here that V-kool tints are causing signal problems because of the tint's property. Anyone else on V-kool here? Everything else is cool with me. The sound from the 6-speakers is great. Bass is more than enough that I am not even entertaining the idea of a sub. However, at the rear part of the backseat, there are grilles, anyone knows what those are for? Are those like provisions for the 7th and 8th speakers?

Tires, Continentals (mexico, 205/50/R17) , are great. A bit noisy though I don't mind. When it's my time to change rubbers, I'm planning to put a bigger size, like that of the Altima (215/55/R17). Is this a good idea?

Has anyone got speed-set lock? I suppose the ECU has this but I have yet to check. The intelligent key is neat. Really neat. :D Trunk space is massive. Sucks that the backseast doesn't tumble though. There's only a small opening. The jack is nuts! Who uses screw jacks these days?? I'm looking for a hydraulic jack that'll fit it.

Lastly, afraid of going around with wads of cash, we just used our cards to purchase the car. I think it's the safest.

My eldest (3yo daughter) loves this car a lot, especially the rear AC vents that I often find her asleep whenever I pick her up from school. Among those we have tested, Sylphy was where she said "mommy I like this car". 2 against 1, Sylphy won over Ranger, Carnival etc.. Good thing we didn't get the Carnival now as the new one was just released. Beautiful one, that van. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Got my gray 1.8 CVT last Monday (actually, not mine, but for my 3yo preschooler). Got free rearcam and tint. Got no free EWD though (isn't this a standard accessory??). Got it via bank financing. BPI gave the best deal at 24% but too late the hero so we ended up with Chinabank at 26%. Insurance with Mapfre. Over the course of 5 years, that's 15K I lost with Chinabank so I asked the agent to get at least that from Chinabank for his commission.

Ab initio, I told the agent (Shaw) that I want everything clear: that it's his business to rake commissions from every avenue and it's our business to get the car at the least cost to us. When we meet in the middle, a sale with transpire, and transpire it did.

Car is at 19kms when we got it. I take back what I said that the acceleration is bleh. It only takes some time pala to get used to CVT (first time ko e). This car is fast. City pa lang, haven't tried hiway pa but the short runways, I can get to 100+ easy. The 4-disc brake system is packed with more than ample stopping power. The transmission, for an A/T, is surprisingly quick to bite that I can do in-traffic overtakes (singit) with ease and above all, confidence.

HIDs came too high, North EDSA was gleeful to correct it for free (they're like 5mins away from my house but on the day I was randomly calling to buy a car, no one answered their sales line). The Auto light feature is a bit fuzzy (or it's me) as I can't predict when it'll turn off the lights. My front windscreen (v-kool) is lightest shade. Good thing I chose that because the sensors are in the forepart of the dashboard.

I am having some trouble with the FM reception of the Sony 2DIN stereo. I've read somewhere here that V-kool tints are causing signal problems because of the tint's property. Anyone else on V-kool here? Everything else is cool with me. The sound from the 6-speakers is great. Bass is more than enough that I am not even entertaining the idea of a sub. However, at the rear part of the backseat, there are grilles, anyone knows what those are for? Are those like provisions for the 7th and 8th speakers?

Tires, Continentals (mexico, 205/50/R17) , are great. A bit noisy though I don't mind. When it's my time to change rubbers, I'm planning to put a bigger size, like that of the Altima (215/55/R17). Is this a good idea?

Has anyone got speed-set lock? I suppose the ECU has this but I have yet to check. The intelligent key is neat. Really neat. :D Trunk space is massive. Sucks that the backseast doesn't tumble though. There's only a small opening. The jack is nuts! Who uses screw jacks these days?? I'm looking for a hydraulic jack that'll fit it.

Lastly, afraid of going around with wads of cash, we just used our cards to purchase the car. I think it's the safest.

My eldest (3yo daughter) loves this car a lot, especially the rear AC vents that I often find her asleep whenever I pick her up from school. Among those we have tested, Sylphy was where she said "mommy I like this car". 2 against 1, Sylphy won over Ranger, Carnival etc.. Good thing we didn't get the Carnival now as the new one was just released. Beautiful one, that van. hehe.
    Great review here! Rear aircon vents and that awesome backseat space are the best features of the Sylphy in my opinion. The Sylphy's leather seats are also great btw!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think your proposed tire upgrade is a tad big vs the oem. I have not seen how it looks in the flesh and if the oem is undersized, but getting too big tires can affect your acceleration, especially since this is gas fed sedan, and not a torque monster diesel rig. Perhaps the next size could be 215/50r17. That should have a little more chunk in it.

As regards the vkool front tint. May i ask what shade/variant they've installed? There are a lot of fakes out there nowadays.

Congrats on the purchase!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Congratulations on your new car.

I have a vkool full front tint too, i am not having a problem with regards to radio signal but with the auto headlight function of the car, the tint is messing the sensor on top of the dashboard. i think my Vkool shade is k14 if i am not mistaken.

The Grill at the back is a provision for additional speakers.

My current issue with the car is the front door sound when you close it. its like a sound of the the door without proper rubber guard, i rejected 2 white sylphys because of that sound issue and know i am facing the same issue with my car. i have consulted with nissan shaw and will fix it on my 1k pms.

are you having the same observation with your front driver side door?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi guys, we will be getting our sylphy on Monday. My dad and mom love the interior of the 1.8. We only have a 10,000 discount and the usual freebies (tint and matting). Does the freebies vary if you paid in cash?

How is your fuel economy for the 1.8 version in city driving with the usual traffic in Edsa?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hi *krazeyrock magkano po DP at monthly nyo? kukuha din kasi ako this coming july

1.8 totl
    DP 145k
    48 months 23,100

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jefskie View Post
    hi *krazeyrock magkano po DP at monthly nyo? kukuha din kasi ako this coming july

1.8 totl
    DP 145k
    48 months 23,100
    That's too high.

The cost of interest of that plan is 362, 400

If you take it via BPI, at average rates, the cost of interest is only 162, 080. Negotiable pa, meaning it can be lowered further.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ran ±90kms last Sunday (Antipolo, SM Aura, UP, home). My full tank dipped to 3/4. I know it's still in break-in period so I'm not really expecting (but definitely hoping!) to see vios-like fuel consumption c/o the Xtronic CVT.

The 1.8 engine loves to rev. When you mash the gas pedal a little deeper than your usual, it suddenly glides the car away effortlessly. Despite the fast downhill bends (±100kmh) I never felt any hesitation from the car that it can.

I forgot to test the sport mode during Sunday's run though but from what I have observed, it keeps the rev around 3000rpm even at slow speeds, like it's always ready to deliver the power needed at call.

SM Aura sucks. What a waste of time.

------

Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    Great review here! Rear aircon vents and that awesome backseat space are the best

features of the Sylphy in my opinion. The Sylphy's leather seats are also great btw!
    Yes, leather seats are well cushioned and made. Steering wheel isn't tiring to hold. Rear cold air vents definitely is a big plus. That's normally seen only in German compacts and japanese midsize cars. Nissan probably thought of taking advantage of one thing they're known for.

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I think your proposed tire upgrade is a tad big vs the oem. I have not seen how it

looks in the flesh and if the oem is undersized, but getting too big tires can affect your acceleration, especially

since this is gas fed sedan, and not a torque monster diesel rig. Perhaps the next size could be 215/50r17. That should have a little more chunk in it. As regards the vkool front tint. May i ask what shade/variant they've installed? There are a lot of fakes out there nowadays.

Congrats on the purchase!
    Thanks for the tire tip, I will check it out. I've seen the Altima and Sylphy side by side that's why I thought it should fit with no issue. In fact, I like to replace the current OEM magwheels with that of the Teana 350XV's, also a 215/55/r17 but I have had no luck in finding one yet.

No idea what they have installed but I just specified that the front windscreen be installed with lightest tint and the rest, with Medium. Hopefully it's not fake though.

Quote Originally Posted by SELEGNA_35 View Post
    Congratulations on your new car.

I have a vkool full front tint too, i am not having a problem with regards to radio signal but with the auto

headlight function of the car, the tint is messing the sensor on top of the dashboard. i think my Vkool shade is

k14 if i am not mistaken.

The Grill at the back is a provision for additional speakers.

My current issue with the car is the front door sound when you close it. its like a sound of the the door without proper rubber guard, i rejected 2 white sylphys because of that sound issue and know i am facing the same issue with my car. i have consulted with nissan shaw and will fix it on my 1k pms. are you having the same observation with your front driver side door?
    No, I'm not. I tested all the doors of my unit after reading your post and they close with that solid "chugg" sound but I'll look out for that. White is very elegant. I initially thought it's a provision for speakers but there's no space/slot for one - unless one uses an acetylene torch to cut through it.
    Last edited by Horsepower; June 25th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.

Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
2013 Nissan Sentra aka Sylphy