New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for all the replies, guys. I really appreciate it. I guess, too, that the squealing sound maybe caused by the Serpentine Belt or Drive Belt. I cursorily checked on the belt both while the engine was running and while it was turned off. No squealing - though it may occur while I'm in transit - so can't trouble-shoot by moistening the belt to determine whether its caused by the belt itself or the pulleys/bearings. Best to have it checked by an experienced mechanic, I guess, too.

The input on timing belt wear relative to mileage and age of vehicle (70 -80k kms for a decade-old vehicle) is very informative and highly valued.

Another question - do any of you have any experience in using the WD-40 Belt Dressing spray? Watched on YT how it works on belts and reputedly cares for and lengthens lives of belts. I'm not certain if they cure belt wear/malfunction or merely prevents or prolongs belt-wear.

Stay safe, everybody!

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    mukhang A/C belt lang yan, ganun din sa Montero 2012 ko dati e, kapag pinatay mo na ba ang A/C mo mawawala na ba ang noise?

Baka nag-loloose na naman ang A/C belt mo kaya kailangan mo ng ipa-adjust... Ganun ang experience ko

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by green eagle View Post

Another question - do any of you have any experience in using the WD-40 Belt Dressing spray? Watched on YT how it works on belts and reputedly cares for and lengthens lives of belts. I'm not certain if they cure belt wear/malfunction or merely prevents or prolongs belt-wear.

Stay safe, everybody!
    i do not use belt dressing.
    i inspect the belt for signs of wear, and replace them accordingly.
    i think i replaced my innova's belt at the 80K km mark... yata.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213