New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Timing belt parin ba yung 2016 and up model?
    Timing Chain na ang 2.4 mivec engine

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ayown na nga bro. minsan mahirap talaga may blanket trust sa ating mga suking mechanics maski na maganda naman ang intention nila.

2012 siya bro
    Same year model tayo bro but mine logged 60,000 km just recently. Last change oil is at 58,000km. More or less 4,000 km next change oil isabay ko na palit timing belt. Sana wag bumigay init pa naman ng summer ngayon.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    sort of, kasi halos basag lahat rocker arms and baluktot ibang valves kaya pinalitan na rin. ok din at nalinis ang buong intake at upper cylinder assy. luckily, bro Zix shop came on the rescue sa mga spare parts. the guy simply amazing, shipping all the needed parts to my remote place in Pangasinan. thank you bro, may utang pa ako sayo[emoji16]i should have had it replaced nung uwi ko ng Sep/Oct, but bitin sa oras vacay ko kaya kako sa next na uwi ko na lang ng Dec. bale Nov nung bumigay around 192k+ kms. iirc, nung unang napalitan ng timing belt, it was almost 120k kms na and the belt was still very much okay so i was assuming kaya pa. not that i ignore my car timely PMS's but nagkamali ako so i have to pay the consequences.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Kawawa pala si Monty bro. Magkano lahat lahat damage? Para may idea kami mga kamonty sa ganyang pangyayari hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    Same year model tayo bro but mine logged 60,000 km just recently. Last change oil is at 58,000km. More or less 4,000 km next change oil isabay ko na palit timing belt. Sana wag bumigay init pa naman ng summer ngayon.

a per owner's manual, my innova's belt is scheduled for replacement at over 120K km mark.
    your vehicle requires replacement at only 60K km?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    Kawawa pala si Monty bro. Magkano lahat lahat damage? Para may idea kami mga kamonty sa ganyang pangyayari hehehe

sent you pm bro
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a per owner's manual, my innova's belt is scheduled for replacement at over 120K km mark.
    nasa 80k kms sa manual ang timing belt replacement ng montero. pero napaabot ko sa 120k kms mark sa unang palit and ok pa yung belt. the 2nd time around nasa 72k pa lang kaya tiwala ako na kaya pa. pero bumigay na...[emoji6]

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    sort of, kasi halos basag lahat rocker arms and baluktot ibang valves kaya pinalitan na rin. ok din at nalinis ang buong intake at upper cylinder assy. luckily, bro Zix shop came on the rescue sa mga spare parts. the guy simply amazing, shipping all the needed parts to my remote place in Pangasinan. thank you bro, may utang pa ako sayo[emoji16]i should have had it replaced nung uwi ko ng Sep/Oct, but bitin sa oras vacay ko kaya kako sa next na uwi ko na lang ng Dec. bale Nov nung bumigay around 192k+ kms. iirc, nung unang napalitan ng timing belt, it was almost 120k kms na and the belt was still very much okay so i was assuming kaya pa. not that i ignore my car timely PMS's but nagkamali ako so i have to pay the consequences.

Ah, I see sir. It's good to see you did not decide to just dispose of your rig, as some people would given what happened. I'm curious too how much you ultimately had to shell out. Must cost an arm and a leg. You must love your Monty. BTW, that's belt, not chain right? If it's chain, you don't have to replace, right?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede naman doc. my brother's company service is already at 120k kms. i'm not sure til when will they tempt fate.

but i guess mitsubishi ph is playing it safe lest an unforeseen timing belt snap comes back and bites them in the behind. you know naman how some vehicle owners can become so irrational.
    Last edited by baludoy; March 10th, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    sent you pm bronasa 80k kms sa manual ang timing belt replacement ng montero. pero napaabot ko sa 120k kms mark sa unang palit and ok pa yung belt. the 2nd time around nasa 72k pa lang kaya tiwala ako na kaya pa. pero bumigay na...[emoji6]

dahil ba sa hindi original ang timing belt kaya bumigay?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    well,
    there is something irregular, that belt falling apart even before the scheduled replacement.
    my guess is, he got an inferior, counterfeit belt.
    it's the reason i go to the casa for vital items like timing belt. for peace of mind, and also the implied warranty.
    an extra 5 thousand peso expense.. spread over 120K km (that's over 10 years for me!)... puede na.

years ago,
    a colleague's car engine self-destructed, because the newly-replaced casa-replaced belt malfunctioned.
    casa answered all the expenses, including towing.

as an aside,
    some engines are designed, such that the valves do not get hit by mal-timed pistons, in case the timing belt/chain breaks.
    they simply stop running.
    my sentra was one such.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 10th, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    Ah, I see sir. It's good to see you did not decide to just dispose of your rig, as some people would given what happened. I'm curious too how much you ultimately had to shell out. Must cost an arm and a leg. You must love your Monty. BTW, that's belt, not chain right? If it's chain, you don't have to replace, right?
    i decided just to keep the rig, the mileage is too high and difficult to find a reasonable buyer. not much of an arm and leg though, just double the cost of a timing belt set. i don't know about chain

Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    hindi naman sa tingin ko

well,
    there is something irregular, that belt falling apart even before the scheduled replacement.
    my guess is, he got an inferior, counterfeit belt.
    no irregularities sa part ko.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast