Parts:
    w/shld cleaner 133.93
    oil filter 1,704.00
    f/synthetic oil (1L) 500.00
    Total Parts 2,337.93
    Other Materials 341.96Total + VAT 3,451.48
    Less: Discount (399.00)
    Grand Total 3,001.48

So far I have no complaints on service. For my 1k PMS, it took halfday so I have to come back for my MS. For the 5k PMS, it only took 1hr. Hope this helps as a reference for those having their PMS.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    studebaker ::: cge sir ma check nga, btw, sa mga ms owners, invited tayo ng strada club sa eb nila come and join hehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I called different Casas to inquire about their prices for 1000kms check up and they do give different quotations particularly on oil filter prices (1.9K - 2.2k) though their Turbo XP FS are firmed at 560/li and 9 liters needed.

Union Motor Corp. Kalookan (DCM Holdings, Corp.) gave me the most competitive one. I tried to insist to use mineral oil. pwede daw but they will note it sa service booklet and once problem arises on the engine di na covered ng warranty. in short void if i will use non fully synthetic oil. but they gave me a choice since marami daw namamahalan sa Turbo XP and they allow me to choose between:

Veredium Fully Synthetic 15W-40 (450/li) or Turbo XP 15W-50 (560/li)
    8 liters compared to 9 liters from other Casa.

oil filter: P928 (i asked if replacement original daw)

yun lang daw i asked 2 service advisors again kung 8 liters ba or 9 liters and Allan Soleta and Jeff confirmed that only 8 liters are needed. ayos! wala rin daw flushing dapat.

so guys if you want you can try this casa. going 900 kms pa lang ako but definitely i'll go to them on my 1000 kms PMS
    Last edited by XTO; March 26th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    I called different Casas to inquire about their prices for 1000kms check up and they do give different quotations particularly on oil filter prices (1.9K - 2.2k) though their Turbo XP FS are firmed at 560/li and 9 liters needed.

Union Motor Corp. Kalookan (DCM Holdings, Corp.) gave me the most competitive one. I tried to insist to use mineral oil. pwede daw but they will note it sa service booklet and once problem arises on the engine di na covered ng warranty. in short void if i will use non fully synthetic oil. but they gave me a choice since marami daw namamahalan sa Turbo XP and they allow me to choose between:

Veredium Fully Synthetic 15W-40 (450/li) or Turbo XP 15W-50 (560/li)
    8 liters compared to 9 liters from other Casa.

yun lang daw i asked 2 service advisors again kung 8 liters ba or 9 liters and Allan Soleta and Jeff confirmed that only 8 liters are needed. ayos! wala rin daw flushing dapat.

so guys if you want you can try this casa. going 900 kms pa lang ako but definitely i'll go to them on my 1000 kms PMS
    is it necessary to use fully synthetic oil for montero? nasa users manual ba ng montero to use fully synthetic or just follow the recommended oil viscosity and api/acea rating?. diba pag diesel every 5000km ang change oil.

IMO mukhang mataas ang cost ng pms ng montero compare to other SUV.

450/liter x 8 = 3,600 oil palang ito. tapos every 5000km pa

but kung every 10,000km ang recommended change oil interval ng montero ok na ang fully synthetic.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    is it necessary to use fully synthetic oil for montero? nasa users manual ba ng montero to use fully synthetic or just follow the recommended oil viscosity and api/acea rating?. diba pag diesel every 5000km ang change oil.

but kung every 10,000km ang recommended change oil interval ng montero ok na ang fully synthetic.
    hi sir..we had the same concern before with the strada thread and basically our club contacted mmpc to get the answer. mmpc suggest/recommend to use fully synthetic oil for either engines for the strada and same goes with Montero sport. your warranty will not be void if you opt to use just the regular oil (as long as same viscosity/rating as per manual). if you do use fully synthetic oil, it will be good for at least 10,000 km before changing the oil again. however, you would still need to have your regular pms every 5,000 km but only change the oil filter and top up if needed and of course the other regular adjustments and check during that interval.

service advisors are trained to always give you different things...remember they work for dealers and not mmpc. you can actually test your service advisors if they really know their stuff...ask them parts of your car (for example..where is the turbo intercooler), you can actually see if they really know the cars they are servicing.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post

if fully synthetic oil is used, the 10,000 kms interval will be followed. only the oil filter will be replaced at 5,000 kms. may order daw ang planta na fully synthetic lang for MS so like other MS owners who already had their PMS i'll go for synthetic na rin para less hassle. sayang ang warranty for 3 years/100,000 kms

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    if fully synthetic oil is used, the 10,000 kms interval will be followed. only the oil filter will be replaced at 5,000 kms. may order daw ang planta na fully synthetic lang for MS so like other MS owners who already had their PMS i'll go for synthetic na rin para less hassle. sayang ang warranty for 3 years/100,000 kms
    hi sir...thats the same thing SA said to us...but unless they can show that letter that says this "order" than we can say we believe them. but then again sir...if kaya bumili ng more than P1M na car, kayang kaya mag fully synthetic. ako nga 2.5 liter lang strada.but i choose to use fully synthetic vs regular oil. if you want to take care of your auto...kaya naman spend the right accessories/maintenance for it.. btw, if 4m41 engine..i think dapat fully synthetic..again.. i think...IMO.
    Last edited by av8or5; March 27th, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Guys...here is an email from MMPC on fully synthetic oil. I hope this helps..if you need proof.i have the original email.

"Dear -----,

Good afternoon. It's nice to receive mail from you once more. Regarding your inquiry. There is no cause for worries about this issue. To give clarification in all of this, we are recommending the use of fully synthetic oil for all Mitsubishi turbo-charged engines because of its tremendous benefits especially in relation to its viscosity and carbon deposits reduction more importantly, if the vehicle is still within the warranty period. However, we are not mandating this, if our customers really wanted to use other oil they can do so provided the oil conforms to the required viscosity and API ratings ( CD or higher ).

With regard to its oil change interval, ALL DI-D (Direct Injection - Diesel) Engines must change their oil every 10,000 km. when using the Mitsubishi Turbo-XP Fully synthetic oil and every 5,000 km. when using Mitsubishi oil or any other oil than the aforementioned.

I hope that the above explanation has shed light to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Noted by: D.M.Doctor"

-----------------------

here is an attachment they sent to me regarding synthetic vs reg oil.

SYNTHETIC VS. MINERAL/PETROLEUM LUBRICANTS

Synthetic Oil – is made by combining lower-molecular weight materials to produce a finish product with planned and predictable properties. These are custom designed products in which each phase of their molecular construction is programmed to produce what may be called “the ideal lubricant”.

Mineral Oil – have physical components, both desirable and undesirable which are inherited from the crude oil from which they are refined. Crude oil possesses thousands of varieties of contaminants depending upon the oil’s geographical and geological origins which no amount of refining could remove.
    Corrosive acids, paraffins and other waxes, heavy metals, asphalt, napthenes and benzenes, as well as countless compounds of sulfur, chlorine and nitrogen remain in the finished product.

1. Low-temperature fluidity (flowability)
    Contaminates present in petroleum oil which contribute to low temperature thickening are entirely absent in synthetics. Synthetics’ fluidity is still stable to as low as – 65F.

Petroleum oils have an inherent percentage of paraffin crystals that enlarge and causes oil top congeal at low temperature. This results to hard starting.

2. High-temperature thermal stability
    Since piston rings and cylinder walls could reach up to 500F temperature during operation, petroleum oil and additives decompose and shortens service life, while synthetics are not affected.
    High-temp thermal stability permits an engine oil to deliver overall extended life (significantly longer drain intervals) in all driving conditions, because it prevents the phenomenon of sludge and carbon deposit formations on critical engine parts (valves, valve guides, oil channels, filter assemblies, piston rings, etal.)
    High temperature stability, as well as oxidation-resistance, is of absolutely paramount importance when it comes to turbocharged engines. Because it must both lubricate and cool the turbo unit, the oil must be specifically formulated to withstand the turbo’s extremely high operating temperature. Oil film temperatures often exceed 450F in the turbo unit during operation, and can surpass 650F.

In order to qualify for the American Petroleum Institute’s top “SF” rating, a motor oil must pass the III-D test. This means that it can thicken to no more than 375% of original viscosity at the end of 64 hours of continuous running.

3. Film Strength
    This refers to the amount of pressure required to force out a film of oil from between two pieces of flat metal. The higher the film strength, the more protection is provided to moving parts.
    Synthetics routinely exhibit a nominal film strength of well over 3,000 psi, while petroleum oils average somewhat less than 500 psi.

4. Viscosity
    The property of a fluid that tends to prevent from flowing when subjected to an applied force. Highly viscous fluid resists flow; while fluids with low viscosity flows easily.
    If the oil easily flows, the engine will turn freely and the lesser fuel it will require to accomplish a given amount of work. The lower the viscosity, the better the fuel economy of the engine.
    Synthetic oils are created with low viscosity without incurring the excessive oil consumption (due to evaporation). It is evident that low-viscosity oils will help minimize engine friction which results to better fuel economy.
    Lower-viscosity synthetic oil is formulated to resist evaporation and provide high film strength, this lighter oil will actually deliver more complete protection to engine parts since its more rapid circulation delivers both better lubrication and cooling characteristics.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Mura yan sobra ah! The usual going rate for MS oil filter is 1,600.00 I believe. Tama ba yang price talaga? I've yet to call Union Otis myself. Who did you talk to? I'm scheduled na rin soon for my 5k PMS. Thanks XTO.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Mura yan sobra ah! The usual going rate for MS oil filter is 1,600.00 I believe. Tama ba yang price talaga? I've yet to call Union Otis myself. Who did you talk to? I'm scheduled na rin soon for my 5k PMS. Thanks XTO.
    Dito sa Davao na Casa - Kar Asia, about P2,400 ang oil filter ng MS. Taga ano?