Hello. I am new to MAC. It is good to see a legion of Mitsubishi Adventure owners online. I have owned two Adventures. The first is a 2000 GLX Diesel which after two and a half year was traded for a 2003 SS Diesel.

I read almost all topics in the thread and I share the same bothering experiences some of you had, particularly the clutch diaphragm spring clatter. Mitsubishi Adventure Diesel could be a good vehicle. It has a tested engine, the venerable 4D56. It also has, among AUVs as one review puts it, the best handling bias with its suspension. Other than this, the vehicle's built and its OEM parts are a bit of a worry. Dealer service too, particularly Diamond Motors.

Four cases in point:

With my first "Adventure," in its first 10,000 kms, it took Diamond Motors to act on my complaint about wrong front wheel geometry only after I lodged the complain at the plant myself. I was even charged for wheel alignment twice. After 20,000 kms more on the reading and with all four tires almost eaten up on its inner sides (constantly tire-rotating), I gave up and went to Goodyear Servitek for a good job.

The second is a fuel injection pump problem. After its 25,000kms PMS at Diamond Motors, I noticed emission was black and there was a strange ticking sound coming from the fuel pump. It took me through 10,000kms constantly reminding the Diamond Motors service advisor to check the fuel injector. Lodging the complaint again at the Cainta plant, I decided to switch the vehicle's servicing to another Mitsubishi dealer in San Pablo, Laguna. I learned that the service in San Pablo was good and queue for service isn't agonizingly a whole day. Promptly, I was told that Mitsubishi will warrant the repair of the injector pump kit. More than this, all four fuel injectors were replaced.

The third is with my current "Adventure." A year after, I observed "fog" at the edges of the windscreen glass. Over one year and a half years, the "fog" is inching its way toward the center. Since then, the "fog" has grown about an inch and a half. Have anyone have the same problem?

I pointed this out to the warranty engineer, asking for a replacement, but was told that there are no reports of similar windscreen glass conditions with other units. I was also told the laminated glass could have a leak at the edges. Nonetheless, I was assured this will be reported to the Mitsubishi plant in Cainta for a possible (also possibly not) replacement.

It does not stop. Every PMS, I would have an item to complain about. In my last PMS with the Super Sport, it was the tire pressure monitoring system sensor in my rear tire. Again, the San Pablo dealer was accommodating to warrant a replacement of the sensor but it is becoming too much, way too much of a bother having to complain about premature konk-outs or not-so-well-built components or poor quality assurance measures at the plant.

As I wrote, Mitsubishi Adventure could be a good vehicle. If it stood second to Toyota's Revo before, it cannot afford to lose out now to Isuzu's Crosswind.

I wish Mitsubishi Motor Philippines is a member of this club. And I look forward to this forum to exchange experiences with other members about their "Adventures."

Cheers!