New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good day to all of MAC guys. This is my first time to post a message here, and i really enjoyed getting lots of info from the exchanges of ideas. I just got my 2006 GLS Sports last month (May 2006), used it for three weeks during my vacation here, then, left "Champ" back in Malolos City.

However, during my vacation, i was amazed to notice that every once in a while in Malolos City, you'll see an Adventure GLS Sport passing by. I accept the fact that most of the local transport to Manila, Cubao or San Fernando from Malolos are either GLX Adventure, Crosswind or Revo so you may conclude that this was what i constantly see.

Yes Sirs, there's an increasing number of Mitsubishi Adventure GLX, GLS Sports & Super Sport owners in this city, and i'm glad to be one.

I would like to allert all MAC members to please put chains and locks to your spare tires. Although the magnetic lock of the spare tires for GLX and GLS Sports needed to be pulled open from the inside, it could be disengaged by force, and the crook can simply unscrew the spare tire bracket down without even being noticed even in broad daylight, then the spare tire's gone. Its about Php 9,000.00 at the dealer. The insurance participation when claimed is about Php 8,300.00.

Can someone kindly recommend where i can get to install Bull Bars. I found some nice brands at the dealers but then it cost about Php 22,000.00 (Bull Bars only). When i passed by Banawe Ave QC, the street guys swarmed over and were suggesting Php 15T all around, but i was the attention of the moment so i took off. Any info? Are MAC members comfortable with Bull Bars, side steps, rear steps and roof rack?

Regards... Jandro

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jandro
    Good day to all of MAC guys. This is my first time to post a message here, and i really enjoyed getting lots of info from the exchanges of ideas. I just got my 2006 GLS Sports last month (May 2006), used it for three weeks during my vacation here, then, left "Champ" back in Malolos City.

However, during my vacation, i was amazed to notice that every once in a while in Malolos City, you'll see an Adventure GLS Sport passing by. I accept the fact that most of the local transport to Manila, Cubao or San Fernando from Malolos are either GLX Adventure, Crosswind or Revo so you may conclude that this was what i constantly see.

Yes Sirs, there's an increasing number of Mitsubishi Adventure GLX, GLS Sports & Super Sport owners in this city, and i'm glad to be one.

I would like to allert all MAC members to please put chains and locks to your spare tires. Although the magnetic lock of the spare tires for GLX and GLS Sports needed to be pulled open from the inside, it could be disengaged by force, and the crook can simply unscrew the spare tire bracket down without even being noticed even in broad daylight, then the spare tire's gone. Its about Php 9,000.00 at the dealer. The insurance participation when claimed is about Php 8,300.00.

Can someone kindly recommend where i can get to install Bull Bars. I found some nice brands at the dealers but then it cost about Php 22,000.00 (Bull Bars only). When i passed by Banawe Ave QC, the street guys swarmed over and were suggesting Php 15T all around, but i was the attention of the moment so i took off. Any info? Are MAC members comfortable with Bull Bars, side steps, rear steps and roof rack?

Regards... Jandro
    Welcome to MAC sir....

For Bull bars, side steps, rear steps and roof rack...IMHO, OK for me just don't over do it...

Nag register na po kayo sa yahoo groups ng mac? Sir alf can help you regarding Bull bar (KC meron din sya). madalang kc syang mag post sa tsikot so I suggest try nyo din sa yahoo groups ng MAC...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    welcome po sa MAC... sir try to look around first for bullbars that are more cheaper... kaso ingat din po kayo sa brand na mabibili nyo... don't be impulsive when buying bullbars... maganda po yung matibay talaga ang bullbar so that in case of a collision it will really you and your vehicle...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jandro
    Are MAC members comfortable with Bull Bars, side steps, rear steps and roof rack?
    Welcome to MAC! :D

I have Surestep sidesteps installed on my ride (yung sa kaliwa lang, kelangan kong paayos yung wiring ng lights). 'Di na ako nagpalagay ng rear step, since I access the third row seats using the side doors. Bull bars, depende sa itsura, kasi may mga designs na nakakasira talaga sa itsura ng sasakyan. Nagmumukhang pampasada.

And personally, I would never have a roof rack installed on my ride. Sa akin yun ha?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the warm welcome Sirs / Gentlemen.

With regards to the Bullbar, i really liked the front looks of the Adventure, especially newer model with the front grill design + the nose with bigger logo, and the sleek front bumper. Having a bullbar up-front will cover this up and on-lookers attention got focused on the bullbar instead of the front facia. But from an experience, in a crowded parking slot, someone parked his scooter touching the front bumper of my ride, the next day as i parked in front of a well known convinience store, i lightly bumped another scooter in front and scratched my shiny poly-vinyl bumper. So the thought of installing a bullbar come to my mind.

I'll get into the yahoo groups and try to register with MAC.

Best regards and have a nice day.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung meron lang sanang ARB bullbars na pang-Adventure...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    welcome sir!

sa Banawe po dame bullbar... just pick the one that would look fluid to the rather curvy front design of your 2006 Adventure. so as not to mess with its looks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Welcome to MAC

Bullbar, roofrack etc....

I have roofrail and sidestep with lighting guide same with Bogey but I don't have bull bars, rear bars and roofrack. Pre installed na yun ng mabili ko.
    My opinion kasi sa bullbar is that bumibigat ang ride kapag masyadong maraming nakakabit, ang tendency, lalakas ka sa fuel.

But if you still want to have this in your ride then some good brand I saw are, shark and surestep. Nabasa ko sa mga post na sa Winterpine along Araneta Ave., meron mga accessories ang Mitsu Adventure.

2 cent lang po.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    at 157000km, as good as nu'ng nilabas sa kasa (not as good as new pero wala kasing nadagdag), plus nagkaro'n na ng mga slight dents all over, siguro pag nagkabudget ako na lang gagastos tamad gumastos sa auto tatay ko eh while ako 'di ko madalas gamitin kasi nakamotor ako eh :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    our mitsu adventures are fitted with 8-ply rating tires due to its weight and body size.recommended tire is 185 r14c.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
How are your "Adventures?"