New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Happy holidays!

Indonesians and Filipinos share a lot of vocabulary. Just as you have Bahasa as official language, we have Pilipino. But there are about 80 dialects spoken in different provinces, same as you would in Indonesia.

“Mahal,” among many others meanings, also means expensive in Pilipino. “Kereta” is close to “kalesa,” which means horse-drawn carriage in Pilipino. Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines share many vocabularies.

The Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS) schedules recommended here is every 5,000 kilometers. The cost would be about the same for service here. The range is anywhere between PhP 2,000 to 7,000 (US$1=PhP55) for parts and labor. Range of service depends on the mileage. There is light, medium, and heavy PMS work.

Light PMS is at every 5,000 kilometers on the odometer reading. Medium is at every 10,000 kms, and heavy is every 20,000 kms.

The interior of the Kuda and the Adventure is very much the same except for the steering wheel location. The Mitsubishi design of the dashboard is clever. It is symmetrical to accommodate RHD and LHD configurations easily. Do upload photos of your “Adventures.”

The Mitsubishi Adventure also comes second only to the Revo here (it was called Tamaraw which means water buffalo in its early models). Toyota is a strong market leader, no doubt. However, Mitsubishi, when it launched the Freeca in Taiwan in 1997, gave Toyota good competition. Sad to say, Mitsubishi is slow to catch up with Toyota in innovating with new models. With the Innova around, Toyota has rewritten the AUV market here. With the Adventure still around, it now stands competition only with Isuzu’s Crosswind, which I heard is Isuzu Panther in Malaysia.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Happy Holidays Too
    Merry Christmas everybody (FYI I'm Catholic ^^)

Indonesians and Filipinos share a lot of vocabulary. Just as you have Bahasa as official language, we have Pilipino. But there are about 80 dialects spoken in different provinces, same as you would in Indonesia.

“Mahal,” among many others meanings, also means expensive in Pilipino. “Kereta” is close to “kalesa,” which means horse-drawn carriage in Pilipino. Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines share many vocabularies.(AlbertB)
    Oh! Then it should be easier to understand each other languages....
    The Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS) schedules recommended here is every 5,000 kilometers. The cost would be about the same for service here. The range is anywhere between PhP 2,000 to 7,000 (US$1=PhP55) for parts and labor. Range of service depends on the mileage. There is light, medium, and heavy PMS work.

Light PMS is at every 5,000 kilometers on the odometer reading. Medium is at every 10,000 kms, and heavy is every 20,000 kms.(AlbertB)
    Oh... I do it for every 5.000 km also... but not in Mitsu Official Dealer Service.... the Peso and Rupiah price look same to me... btw, do you know the Peso price for the "adventure" which is the same model with mine?

I forgot to share one of my negative exp with Adventure, the engine is easily shutdown when it's too cold. I experienced my headlight down too. However, the most positive is that Adventure (specifically Kuda) is the most responsive vehicle I ever drive!
    The Mitsubishi Adventure also comes second only to the Revo here (it was called Tamaraw which means water buffalo in its early models). Toyota is a strong market leader, no doubt. However, Mitsubishi, when it launched the Freeca in Taiwan in 1997, gave Toyota good competition. Sad to say, Mitsubishi is slow to catch up with Toyota in innovating with new models. With the Innova around, Toyota has rewritten the AUV market here. With the Adventure still around, it now stands competition only with Isuzu’s Crosswind, which I heard is Isuzu Panther in Malaysia.(AlbertB)
    It's also called Isuzu Panther in Indonesia, but Toyota Revo (Kijang) is Toyota Unser in Malaysia.... I kind of heard that Innova is designed by Indonesian... other car designed by Indonesian are Suzuki APV and Toyota Avanza (or Daihatsu Xenia)... do these models available in Phillipines?
    Oh.. Isuzu Panther still has a strong market in Diesel family wagon... however my Kuda is 2000cc Gasoline packed with Mitsubishi Galant engine (called Kuda Grandia)...
    The interior of the Kuda and the Adventure is very much the same except for the steering wheel location. The Mitsubishi design of the dashboard is clever. It is symmetrical to accommodate RHD and LHD configurations easily. Do upload photos of your “Adventures.”(AlbertB)
    Please visit the link below
    http://www.putfile.com/neko_danshaku/images

Please comment... and upload yours also when you have time...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    gasoline engine! great, we call it here Adventure Super Sports!.. you can search our pix using car gallery.. username: arvic!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Help naman mga peeps, yung 98 GL adventure ni utol ayaw sumindi yung reverse light at nawala yung sound ng back horn. Ano kaya ang diperensya?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Macs and our friend Z3RO from Surabaya in Indonesia,

If you have not seen this website, here is a resource for Philippine-marketed vehicles complete with current prices and reviews <www.motioncars.com>. Check the Car Chart. Almost all models in the ASEAN region are shared among its member countries. Only models' names are specifically tailored to local acceptance.

Another great resource is Global Auto Index <http://www.globalautoindex.com/>. A listing of worldwide manufacturers and breaking news about auto models. Great source for pictures too.

BTW Z3RO, your black 2003 Kuda Grandia looks great! It' s equivalent here is the Adventure Super Sport, as Arvic mentioned. Mine is a B2B (dark reddish blue + verano silver) 2003 Diesel Super Sport. The Super Sport gasoline manual tranny version, if I remember right in 2003, was about PhP775,000.

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    Help naman mga peeps, yung 98 GL adventure ni utol ayaw sumindi yung reverse light at nawala yung sound ng back horn. Ano kaya ang diperensya?
    Leinahtan,

Others may be better with electricals but a quick diagnosis though would be to check the fuseboxes. The fuse may be busted. The reverse horn is an after market installation, right? Did the horn and the lights konk out simultaneously? It might be that both were lined-up into one fuse.

An electrical DIY guru might reply soon.

AlbertB

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello everyone!

Wow.. thanks for many compliments! But it not that great.. since my Kuda already have scratches... I'll upload it next time... and I accept any recommendation about how to fix it..

In Indonesia, Kuda Grandia was sold for about Rp. 180 million where $1=Rp10,000...., well that's the manual transmission. The auto charges about 10 million more... however, the "Black-Silver" Kuda Grandia and just for this combination (as you see mine) is far above those price, which is Rp 208 million!! Perhaps most people here think that every vehicle looks better with black metallic paint...

and please tell me what differences (small differences is okay) between Kuda and Adventure when you see mine? I just know that the wiper (and the steering wheel of course) is swapped! but how about the turning lever, lamp, etc... so i can imagine how the driving habit with LHD... and btw.. eventhough my turning lever is on the right side, I mostly switch it with my left hand just my habit

Oh.. just remembered another experience with my Kuda....
    But not Kuda exactly.... some part of the navi seat (left) window film shield is not sticking with the glass... I use 3M Auto Film... do this brand available in Philliphines? and if you also use it, do you experience the same way as mine?

Eventhough mine already 2 years old... the air conditioner is always soooo coolll and I mean very cooollll (never switch it to the maximum since it will make me feel as I'm in refrigerator)

Oh and a Christmas present hehe
    I made my Kuda Grandia become LHD!!! 8)

Just a photo trick with PhotoShop!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    Leinahtan,

Others may be better with electricals but a quick diagnosis though would be to check the fuseboxes. The fuse may be busted. The reverse horn is an after market installation, right? Did the horn and the lights konk out simultaneously? It might be that both were lined-up into one fuse.

An electrical DIY guru might reply soon.

AlbertB
    Tks a lot albertB, It was found out that the culprit was a worn out reverse switch located underneath near the transmission. My bro had the switch replaced for P450?!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    gasoline engine! great, we call it here Adventure Super Sports!.. you can search our pix using car gallery.. username: arvic!(Arvic)
    Thank you arvic... you have a nice Adventure... Your model called Kuda Deluxe in Indonesia... The difference with Kuda Grandia is the touring bumper design...
    However, some Kuda Deluxe dont have fog lamp nor packed with vertical opening rear door while every Kuda Grandia have it..
    And about the Adventure Extreme you upload in your gallery.. It's from Indonesia right? Kind of watch the car in a newspaper some time ago.. It's some of extreme Kuda out there..
    but your Adventure is already fabulous (nice LCDs).. If only I bought my Kuda Grandia in another 6 months, the DVD and LCDs are bonuses... mine are just CD Player!

Now the RHD version of Adventure (Kuda) are manufactured in Thailand and that means more money to spend when it comes to Indonesia!

Oh this is just my curiousity... do RHD cars permitted to access roads in Philliphines?
    LHD are permitted in Indonesia w/ the driver's risk... However the import quantity for LHD cars still small due to the stereotype that you will certainly die if you drive LHD in Indonesian road (which is believed demonic!!!)
    Well actually all country which drive in the left side of the road somehow must import LHD cars sometimes for a certain type or model since over than 70% cars in the world are LHD..
    If you concern, the great reason why RHD cars still produced is because Japan and England are also great car manufacturer... if these two country stop producing RHD cars then all cars in the world would be LHD!
    I kind of bothered that RHD are stereotyped as symbol of British commonwealth... Indonesia and Japan is not part of commonwealth... while it's true that the use of RHD cars in Indonesia are because of Japan in World War II

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    Thank you arvic... you have a nice Adventure... Your model called Kuda Deluxe in Indonesia... The difference with Kuda Grandia is the touring bumper design...
    However, some Kuda Deluxe dont have fog lamp nor packed with vertical opening rear door while every Kuda Grandia have it..
    And about the Adventure Extreme you upload in your gallery.. It's from Indonesia right? Kind of watch the car in a newspaper some time ago.. It's some of extreme Kuda out there..
    but your Adventure is already fabulous (nice LCDs).. If only I bought my Kuda Grandia in another 6 months, the DVD and LCDs are bonuses... mine are just CD Player!

Now the RHD version of Adventure (Kuda) are manufactured in Thailand and that means more money to spend when it comes to Indonesia!

Oh this is just my curiousity... do RHD cars permitted to access roads in Philliphines?
    LHD are permitted in Indonesia w/ the driver's risk... However the import quantity for LHD cars still small due to the stereotype that you will certainly die if you drive LHD in Indonesian road (which is believed demonic!!!)
    Well actually all country which drive in the left side of the road somehow must import LHD cars sometimes for a certain type or model since over than 70% cars in the world are LHD..
    If you concern, the great reason why RHD cars still produced is because Japan and England are also great car manufacturer... if these two country stop producing RHD cars then all cars in the world would be LHD!
    I kind of bothered that RHD are stereotyped as symbol of British commonwealth... Indonesia and Japan is not part of commonwealth... while it's true that the use of RHD cars in Indonesia are because of Japan in World War II
    Thank you for compliment! regarding adventure extreme, yap! it's an Indonesian Adventure/Kuda Pimp my ride style. hope someone here in the philippines will do the same.. hehehe

here in Our Country RHD is prohibited! that's why 2nd hand cars coming from japan like pajero,trooper,civic and RVR must convert from RHD to LHD before they can register and sell the car in the market. Reason for RHD is not allowed? Safety reason.. our roads and highway system is not design to cater RHD. Thus, might create a road accident.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
How are your &quot;Adventures?&quot;