New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Maybe outside the country.
    But mitsu here is perpetually number 2 so that says something about the Filipinos bias or preference...

They are number 2 because there is no one else and they price their products cheaply just to sell ...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    They are number 2 because there is no one else and they price their products cheaply just to sell ...
    That's the thing. They are cheap and they are known for it. Majority of the common buyers look at the price above all else. That's why i said earlier that this will eat into the mobilio and ertiga sales..... If priced right.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    well mitsu is doing pretty well in asia

in US i think i saw just 1 or 2 dealerships in about 3 months of roaming around

SUA hurt their image even more. not to mention the emissions/efficiency scandal

but nissan-renault wouldn't buy them if they were total trash LOL. xpander is a step in the right direction for mitsu... if they don't screw it up LOL

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    parang Hanabishi associated sa mga cheap products
    i have a hanabishi.
    after a few years, it still works.
    even if it was cheap.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    mitsubishi indonesia has said that there is no diesel engine demand. hence no desiel engine for this vehicle.

what if we make a petition(filipino) at change.org? gotta start somewhere..

"an affordable diesel automatic Xpander for thr city"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Like what I suspected, this was really built for the indonesian market. Indonesians dont like diesel and all their small CUVs are petrol. Spillover na lang ang pilipinas so they wont put a diesel engine since we are a small market.
    Hopefully frugal ang petrol version

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Like what I suspected, this was really built for the indonesian market. Indonesians dont like diesel and all their small CUVs are petrol. Spillover na lang ang pilipinas so they wont put a diesel engine since we are a small market.
    Hopefully frugal ang petrol version

well if they're gonna export it india then it better be diesel. but then again india discontinued the mobilio due to poor sales

at the end of the day the Xpander will be just fine w/ a 1.5 gasoline. it's just a xpanded small car anyway

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    Mitsubishi still doesn't have a small displacement diesel in our region so malabo talaga inaasahan niyong diesel variant. Engineered in Indonesia pa, di nagkakalayo price ng diesel and petrol so pointless mag diesel.

Ipresyo nila ng 900k ito, makakabenta ng 1k+ units per month for sure. Pagpasok pa ng excise tax, hindi to affected kasi sa lower bracket lang, lalong lulundag sales nito.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    For sure testing ground nila indonesia. If bumenta, try nila sa ibang countries like ours. Yun lang nga, 13 pesos ang price difference ng diesel at gas sa atin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    May display na ba sa show rooms? How about test drive?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Nearly 6000 reservations already in indonesia.
    Wow they sure really love MPVs

Nearly 6, bookings recorded for the Mitsubishi Xpander