New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 501 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    * Sir mjal - Sorry to hear about your unit. Sana po maayos na para ma enjoy niyo na rin yung truck.

Since we're on the topic of SCV and EGR tanong ko na rin po how to properly maintain these para di masira agad? Aside from what has been discussed before, be careful where you gas up and we need to make it birit from time to time since I guess most of us here use our trucks for city driving.

Only had an experience of loss of power(muntik mamatayan) once sa baguio but sabi sa akin ng SA that di pa mainit yung makina, medyo matarik kasi and haven't had time for my truck to warm up pa. Nevertheless they reset the computer last 5kpms and so far ok naman.

Anyway, as precautionary measures, I only use TURBO Diesel and madalas ko ibirit yung truck. he he he Don't worry on open roads lang naman mga BOSBS. Mahirap na ibirit sa Commonwealth kasi may 60km speed limit na.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The Strada Club of the Philippines will be having its first mini EB of the year hosted by the East boys on Friday, January 28, 2011 7:00PM onwards at the Blue Knights Restobar, The Brick Road, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall.

Tagal na nung huling EB natin sa East side ah.. hehe. New members are always welcome to join us.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    This precisely my question how come my EGR are close, i did put a blocking plate to it so no more function but still i did not encounter this problem even some members of our club dito had these blocking plate and no problem. Closing the EGR even give a few horse power about 5hp ang dinagdag nya pag sinarado.

since i got my truck haven't had my EGR clean, even my intake and exhaust manifold just clean it on my 80K odo meter.

*sir LLR maybe it is the diesel but same concept ma barahan man nag dumi or close mo talaga bakit sinasabi nag casa na sira or ang problem is the EGR.

Do you guys get my delema medyo nag tataka ako. Most of us nag close nag EGR with out any problem pareho lang nag nabarahan nag dumi.
    Sir your point is correct. The EGR is there to reduce emissions. In this case the SCV was the culprit (maybe due to dirty diesel).

Now in your case since you closed your EGR you are not helping much in reducing emissions Since your EGR is closed the ECU is tricked as there is no recirculation of exhaust gases, thus letting the engine produce more power (as you claimed around 5HP).

Hindi na po Euro compliant ang Strada ninyo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    * Sir mjal - Sorry to hear about your unit. Sana po maayos na para ma enjoy niyo na rin yung truck.

Since we're on the topic of SCV and EGR tanong ko na rin po how to properly maintain these para di masira agad? Aside from what has been discussed before, be careful where you gas up and we need to make it birit from time to time since I guess most of us here use our trucks for city driving.

Only had an experience of loss of power(muntik mamatayan) once sa baguio but sabi sa akin ng SA that di pa mainit yung makina, medyo matarik kasi and haven't had time for my truck to warm up pa. Nevertheless they reset the computer last 5kpms and so far ok naman.

Anyway, as precautionary measures, I only use TURBO Diesel and madalas ko ibirit yung truck. he he he Don't worry on open roads lang naman mga BOSBS. Mahirap na ibirit sa Commonwealth kasi may 60km speed limit na.

ang tingin ko dun nung nasa baguio ka sir ang nangyari is nakahigop ng konting hangin yung injection pump...kasi usually diba up down and winding roads so probably umaalon yung fuel sa tank and ang tendency hindi lagi nakakahigop ng krudo ng maayos yung pump...so I suggest make it a habit na wag pababain ng 1/4 yung gas tank on day to day trips tapos pag ganyang mga long trips especially pag yung mga paakyat like baguio wag kayong pababa ba ng 1/2 sa tank....

and I'm assuming your on half tank or lesser when the incident happened...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Update on my strada: mitsu valle service head informed earlier this evening that they transported my strada to their quality control plant in cainta as mechanics in mitsu valle can't seem to determine the problem. I've done a lot of back reading for many many months before purchasing my strada and I also haven't read any case similar to mine. So I guess mitsu valle is being honest when they told me they also haven't encountered anything like this also. Haay....is all I can say. Sh*$&t happens I guess.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    yeah the truck is out of warranty already... nag expire na siya just last November 11 of 2010.

sayang di ba?

thanks for your comforting words sir av8or5! sana nanaman di na maulit to... i personally take pride driving our Strada kase I feel its really a crackin' beast of a motor (CRDI Power!), its a little insulting to experience this on a nice car... but thats just me.

dont worry sir, I share your sentiments..mine was also changed but was still under warranty, now hindi na, but i still love driving it, you can take it anywhere and dont worry about humps, or curbs, or impassable roads.

Quote Originally Posted by mjal View Post
    Update on my strada: mitsu valle service head informed earlier this evening that they transported my strada to their quality control plant in cainta as mechanics in mitsu valle can't seem to determine the problem. I've done a lot of back reading for many many months before purchasing my strada and I also haven't read any case similar to mine. So I guess mitsu valle is being honest when they told me they also haven't encountered anything like this also. Haay....is all I can say. Sh*$&t happens I guess.
    really sorry to hear your experience sir, but i would agree, i haven't heard of those problems, especially injectors problem. I do hope maayos din sir as soon as possible.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Sir your point is correct. The EGR is there to reduce emissions. In this case the SCV was the culprit (maybe due to dirty diesel).

Now in your case since you closed your EGR you are not helping much in reducing emissions Since your EGR is closed the ECU is tricked as there is no recirculation of exhaust gases, thus letting the engine produce more power (as you claimed around 5HP).

Hindi na po Euro compliant ang Strada ninyo
    Still euro compliant i still pass the emission test dito they also measure NOX i close my EGR but is taken a step in changing my catalytic to a bigger one to compensate the burning of exhaust gas. There are lots of ways to do it. I do my perfromance modification according to the proper way not just to gain HP but to pass all test din hindi uso dito ang lagay sa emission test hehehehehehehehehehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Update on my strada: Mitsu service head gave my wife a call and informed her that they will send us a service unit. So I guess they are still clueless with my strada. Buti na lang they are nice enough to send us a service unit which is the only thing that's keeping me from popping an artery. My wife's past that point already and has been heaping insults and threats on the service and warranty heads for the past 48 hours. To their credit they never wavered from being helpful, informative and polite. Abangan!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Just to set things clear. I'm not posting here to discredit Mitsubishi or the Strada. My intention is to inform the public that yes the strada has quality issues. I knew about this issues way way before I bought this unit and I bought my strada bearing this in mind. I just never expected it to happen to my unit. My other purpose is I want Mitsubishi to know that these issues are being talked about in public and people are aware of these. That way they give people like me the less run around as possible and to sana just do the right thing and just replace the unit out of the goodness of their hearts and good PR. Also, that they finally fix the quality issues plaguing their diesel engines here. Kung sa ibang bansa lang to matagal ng nag recall ang strada. Problema kamote ang congress natin and are obviously being bribed by the car companies not to pass the lemon law.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Still euro compliant i still pass the emission test dito they also measure NOX i close my EGR but is taken a step in changing my catalytic to a bigger one to compensate the burning of exhaust gas. There are lots of ways to do it. I do my perfromance modification according to the proper way not just to gain HP but to pass all test din hindi uso dito ang lagay sa emission test hehehehehehehehehehe
    sir question lang, may stock catalaytic converter ba ang strada ngayon?

bakit kailangan palitan ang CATCON pag blinock ang EGR? and hinde po ba kaya ng stock CATCON?

oo sir, dito kahit may sarili ka ng chimney sa likod mo basta may panglagay ka sa emission pwedeng pwede parin hehe

Update on my strada: Mitsu service head gave my wife a call and informed her that they will send us a service unit. So I guess they are still clueless with my strada. Buti na lang they are nice enough to send us a service unit which is the only thing that's keeping me from popping an artery. My wife's past that point already and has been heaping insults and threats on the service and warranty heads for the past 48 hours. To their credit they never wavered from being helpful, informative and polite. Abangan!
    Just to set things clear. I'm not posting here to discredit Mitsubishi or the Strada. My intention is to inform the public that yes the strada has quality issues. I knew about this issues way way before I bought this unit and I bought my strada bearing this in mind. I just never expected it to happen to my unit. My other purpose is I want Mitsubishi to know that these issues are being talked about in public and people are aware of these. That way they give people like me the less run around as possible and to sana just do the right thing and just replace the unit out of the goodness of their hearts and good PR. Also, that they finally fix the quality issues plaguing their diesel engines here. Kung sa ibang bansa lang to matagal ng nag recall ang strada. Problema kamote ang congress natin and are obviously being bribed by the car companies not to pass the lemon law.
    I can totally understand your sentiments sir, Please do keep this thread updated with regards to your problem because through your situation people can be much guided on when they encounter it for themselves...But lets keep in mind that your situation is a completely isolated case that we not experience everyday...So in fairness to the dealership, please do widen your patience also, and as what I've mentioned in my past posts, its better for you to consult a lawyer for you to understand the possible options of gaining a new unit because really, the possibility of it being replaced is very high...

hope it helps

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]