New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 154 of 501 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    sino po me pics ng EGR kung saan location nakalagay?
    See page 68 of this thread or check this link http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42667

Sa strada nasa left part ng engine yan if you are facing your car. HTH. You can block the EGR by the old sinturon trick or put a small ball bearing.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sir CS, yung CRDi engines kasi may ECU na kaya baka magka-engine check warning ka if i-block mo. I suggest na try mo muna taliaan ng sinulid yung rubber hose na nag-aactivate ng EGR mo para puwede pa din alisin if ever may check engine warning. dapat kasi kahit once a week do a 4,000 rpm run para malinis carbon deposit.

SCV palit daw talaga. But try to load Shell fuel, mas malinis IMO eh. Also, try to add 2T in the fuel tank. Ratio is 200:1 or 5ml per 1 liter of diesel. Bets to use Castrol Activ Premium 2T. API rating kasi is FC unlike shell or petron and the rest na usually FB rating lang. It will help de-carbonize the exhaust system and prolong the IP system.

Another very important thing which is a must for a diesel IMO is the oil catch can. Reseach mo na lang beneift niyang OCC. Murang modification but very effective in keeping the turbo and intercooler clean and helps reduce heat in the combustion chamber.
    Sir Ry_T,

I did some research with OCC, and i find it useful, saan ba ito maganda ikabit, betwen valve cover and air filter or betwen turbo and EGR valve? and what material did you use, wala bang ready made sa market?
    thanx again.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sir just reminder po sa mga mag block iba po yung design nag lumang 4D56 sa magong design if you miss block po ang EGR mag check engine po siya well experience na po yan nag ibang strada owners po.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    Lagi ba kayo naiipit sa traffic? or mahilig ba kayo magpa-idle para gamitin ang aircon?

Yung SCV kasi works harder, mas marami ang duty cycle (maraming beses ang ON and OFF sequence) during idle. Whereas kung lagi hataw at nakafull throttle lagi ay nakakapagpahinga pa nga ang SCV. Kinda weird pero ganun ang function nya.

Kapag hinde umaandar ang makina nakafully open ang SCV. Once umandar na ang makina momentarily magclose ang SCV. At full throttle eh halos nakaOFF na lang lagi ang SCV.

Kapag idle mode bubukas ng konti ang SCV then sasara ulet. Imagine it na parang gripo na pressurized ang tubig then bukas sarado ang gripo ng napakaraming beses di ba madali masira?

Sya nga pala meron another version ang Denso na kung tawagin ay compact SCV. Yung maiksing SCV compared sa conventional model. saka baliktad yata ang mode of operation. Specifically intended yata ang compact SCV para sa mga bansa na matitindi ang traffic. Pero kapag lagi mo naman ihahataw yun baka baliktad naman ang resulta.

Pwede ninyo to pag-usapan kung anong type ng SCV (mahaba o maiksi) ang pinampalit sa unit ninyo. Saka kung paano ninyo gamitin ang sasakyan.

Parang wala pa naman kasi one type fits all mode of operation ng SCV. Damay lahat ng CRDI dyan. Except cguro sa Bosch system na dalawang SCV ang ginagamit. Isa sa idle mode isa sa pang hataw mode? Pero kapag inabot ng life-end ang dalawang SCV ng Bosch system, dalawang aray/bukol din ang aabutin... heheh.

Yes Sir, I agree with you about the accumulation of carbon during slow or idle mode, In my case always city driving lang ang truck ko (3.2 A/T), alam mo naman ang trapik, when I was still sailing it is always the problem of our engine ( 35K horse power) carbon deposit during idle mode, we are using chemical to remove it (strong smelling) sana meroon pwede i-mix sa engine natin.
    Thanks, I will try to look for SCV you mentioned.
    Rgds.,
    RTS

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolSilver View Post
    Sir Ry_T,

I did some research with OCC, and i find it useful, saan ba ito maganda ikabit, betwen valve cover and air filter or betwen turbo and EGR valve? and what material did you use, wala bang ready made sa market?
    thanx again.
    Sa Blade sa MOA may nakita ako na ready-made na eh. P2,000 ata? I forgot the price eh.

Yung hoe will be from the valve cover to the OCC and the the return hose will be from OCC to the breather hose of the air filter.

pics c/o Pajero Guru Promdiboy from this link http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=72558&page=53

As you can see, blank na rin EGR niya.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi,

Im thinking to install Oil Catch Can in my truck, does it helps in correcting carbon deposit in our EGR, same time prolong the life of SCV, anybody out there tried the OCC in your stradas, what is the feedback.

Thank you- RTS

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good day mga Sir,

I just brought my unit sa Citimotors this day, the SA told me to clean the EGR and intake manifold, cost around 1800 and 500 for the chemicals to clean the carbon deposits.

I ask the SA for quatation on how much to clean the aircon, I was shocked of the price because it was around 18k, He said it includes replacement of expansion valve and dry filter. Denso company is the one who will clean the aircon. Is it worth for that price? or do you have any recommended shops where my aircon can be cleaned?

Meron bang Denso shop sa labas where i can get the original expansion valve and filter dryer? Sobrang mahal magpalinis, para ako bumili ng window type aircon hehehe 1.0 HP na carrier heheheh.

Yun na lang kaya ilagay ko aircon sa strada, total nabubuksan naman yun window sa likod heheh, tamang tama

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Hi,

Im thinking to install Oil Catch Can in my truck, does it helps in correcting carbon deposit in our EGR, same time prolong the life of SCV, anybody out there tried the OCC in your stradas, what is the feedback.

Thank you- RTS
    Sir RTS it will definitely lessen the carbon deposit in your truck since the oil mist from the exhaust will not be recirculated in the combustion chamber. The EGR works during idle and even then, moist from blow-by is present so it definitely will lessen carbon deposit. Change your fuel filter every 10K kms din and use baldwin, fleetguard or bosch fuel filter since mura na at mas maganda pa filtration ability vs. OEM and replacements. My thread niyan si dvldoc.

Sa mga Pajero guys dami na gumamit ng OCC na yan.

Quote Originally Posted by marktriton View Post
    Good day mga Sir,

I just brought my unit sa Citimotors this day, the SA told me to clean the EGR and intake manifold, cost around 1800 and 500 for the chemicals to clean the carbon deposits.

I ask the SA for quatation on how much to clean the aircon, I was shocked of the price because it was around 18k, He said it includes replacement of expansion valve and dry filter. Denso company is the one who will clean the aircon. Is it worth for that price? or do you have any recommended shops where my aircon can be cleaned?

Meron bang Denso shop sa labas where i can get the original expansion valve and filter dryer? Sobrang mahal magpalinis, para ako bumili ng window type aircon hehehe 1.0 HP na carrier heheheh.

Yun na lang kaya ilagay ko aircon sa strada, total nabubuksan naman yun window sa likod heheh, tamang tama
    hehe, kung hindi pa naman mahina aircon, wag mo muna palinis. After warranty or 3 years, din puwede na sa labas na lang ng casa IMO par mas mura. That is if you want to save on the warranty of the vehicle just in case.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sir RTS it will definitely lessen the carbon deposit in your truck since the oil mist from the exhaust will not be recirculated in the combustion chamber. The EGR works during idle and even then, moist from blow-by is present so it definitely will lessen carbon deposit. Change your fuel filter every 10K kms din and use baldwin, fleetguard or bosch fuel filter since mura na at mas maganda pa filtration ability vs. OEM and replacements. My thread niyan si dvldoc.

Sa mga Pajero guys dami na gumamit ng OCC na yan.

hehe, kung hindi pa naman mahina aircon, wag mo muna palinis. After warranty or 3 years, din puwede na sa labas na lang ng casa IMO par mas mura. That is if you want to save on the warranty of the vehicle just in case.
    Sir RY_Tower,

Thanks for your inputs, I will try to use your fuel filter recommended brand + installing OCC, for the meantime I will live with the warning light on till i've done with my trip to zambales.
    Thanks & rgds.,- RTS

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by migs0624 View Post
    I've noticed, may pumapasok na amoy through the aircon bawat dadaan sa mga mausok na lugar. Ganito din ba sa mga strada niyo sir?
    Have the same issue. I think this is prevalent if one drives at high speed regularly since the vent will eventually loosen. Didn't mention during PMS since they might take down dashboard just to fix it and create other issues in the process.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]