New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    do you think your toy train can carry the weight of your chainsaw,maybe you can put a toy train + a toy chainsaw, one thing how long your battery for your toy train will last?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yeah zombie!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI"]YouTube- Rob Zombie - Dragula[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Has anyone here read World War Z?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    heard about that book but was never really able to buy one or have the time to read it. is it any good?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Curiously, can you use zombies as a source of power?

Zombies generally don't need food, water, rest or even a salary.

So put a bunch of zombies in a giant hamster wheel to turn a generator.

The result would be "free" power, wouldn't it?

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 26th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ^ pero dapat may human din na hinahabol sila sa wheel

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Try nyo laruin Left 4 Dead. I'm sure it will satisfy all your zombie killing appetite...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Curiously, can you use zombies as a source of power?

Zombies generally don't need food, water, rest or even a salary.

So put a bunch of zombies in a giant hamster wheel to turn a generator.

The result would be "free" power, wouldn't it?

It'll power our epic public transport system.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/1...g-dead/?hpt=C2

December 20th, 2010

The 'zombie theology' behind the walking dead
    By John Blake, CNN

Some people find faith in churches. David Murphy finds them in zombies.

Murphy, the author of “Zombies for Zombies: Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead,” says Americans' appetite for zombies isn’t fed just by sources such as the AMC hit series “The Walking Dead” or the countless zombie books and video games people buy.

Our zombie fascination has a religious root. Zombies are humans who have “lost track of their souls,” Murphy says.

“Our higher spirit prevents us from doing stupid and violent things like, say, eating a neighbor,” Murphy says. “When we are devoid of such spiritual ‘guidance,’ we become little more than walking bags of flesh, acting out like soccer moms on a bender.”

I talked to Murphy after going on my own six-week zombie bender. I watched the final episode of AMC’s record-breaking series “The Walking Dead.” I was one of 6 million viewers who tuned in to see how survivors of a zombie apocalypse fared after finding apparent sanctuary in Atlanta.

I then stumbled on a post by John Morehead in the Religion Dispatches online magazine titled “Toward a Zombie Theology.” That got me thinking.

Is there a religious significance to people’s fascination with zombies?

Some "zombie scholars" say yes. After all, zombie stories grapple with common religious themes: the end of the world, resurrection and the nature of the human soul.

Stephen Joel Garver, a philosophy professor at La Salle University in Pennsylvania, says zombies also resonate with so many Americans today because of the Great Recession.

“We live in a time where we talk about ‘zombie banks’ and ‘zombie corporations’ – the economic equivalent of the walking dead …,” he says. “This points to a bigger anxiety about an ‘apocalypse’ in which the familiar secure structures of our lives fall apart - in the face of economic collapse …”

Garver says zombies represent “human desire at its more unconstrained: ravenous and relentless.” Zombie films often depict authorities showing up to save the day. (The main character in “The Walking Dead” is a sheriff.)

But what happens when there’s no one, or no God, to save us? How do we decide what's right or wrong? Does acting morally even matter anymore? Those are some of the implicit questions in zombie movies, Garver says.

“Are there resources within our nature by which we can save ourselves?” Garver asks. “Is there any sort of transcendent reality - a God, a realm of morals - into which we can tap as a bulwark against the darkness?"

Most zombie movies say no. In most of my favorite zombie movies - “Dawn of the Dead,” “28 Days Later” - there are no happy endings. The government, the military, the scientists - they all become zombie stew.

Zombie theology also asks tough questions about redemption. Many religious traditions teach that no one is beyond redemption.

Not so with zombies, says Rebecca Borah, an English professor at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio. She says zombies are Cain-like figures, cursed and exiled from humanity.

“They represent our basic fears of death, decay and desecration,” she says. “Who wants to grow old, become ill and be isolated from our loved ones or a chance at redemption?’’

The final lesson in zombie theology is harsh, according to Borah.

Many religions stress the importance of forgiveness. But Borah suggests a different theological response to a group of zombies chasing you.

Show no mercy.

“It is you versus them, and the more of an anti-zombie zealot you are, the better for all concerned,” Borah says. “Take them out as fast as you can at all costs because - former loved ones or not - they are the damned and you don't want to catch it from them.”

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Zombie outbreak