New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why is "PROSTITUTION" illegal?

Assuming it is an agreement between two consenting adults to have *** in exchange for some money, why is it illegal?

It is basically similar to hiring someone to mow your lawn or calling a plumber to fix your kitchen sink.

Moral arguments based on "religion" or religious beliefs holds no weight here.

There are places in the world where prostitution is legalized and where *** workers enjoy benefits of government protection as well as health coverage benefits (hospital/clinic/medical coverage) as well. In exchange the government gets to monitor their "employment" and also benefits from taxes too.

Last edited by ghosthunter; June 25th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Noob question here, in countries where prostitution is legal? Do they have written contracts for it?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Masarap kasi ang bawal :jump::jump:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the PH prostitutes or walkers are charged with simple vagrancy under the Revised Penal Code. The Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act makes "trafficking persons" for prostitution illegal, so i think this doesn't cover the individual who is personally engaged in prostitution. The penal provisions punish the person who hires the prostitute.

For those caught in MPs or Clubs, the authorities often go after the operators or owners rather than the girls who are treated as "victims" of human trafficking. If at all, they are charged with stupid local ordinances against lewdness.

That said, prostitution in the PH will likely have a snowball's chance in hell to be legalized just like divorce or same *** marriage as you'd have the Catholic Church and not to mention the other sects screaming to high heavens about immorality.
    Last edited by Altis6453; June 25th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Noob question here, in countries where prostitution is legal? Do they have written contracts for it?
    I don't know because I have not asked one of the shops when I was at Amsterdam... But I am sure there is some sort of legal system there.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its because the Filipinos view themselves as righteous and prostitution is bad.....
    because of our christian background.

but then.....

in the Bible, Jesus loves sinners.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    its a short term service..... a job order will do.... hehehehehe.
    yes, in Netherlands... ladlaran.... I think Singapore too has one....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why is "PROSTITUTION" illegal?

prostitution is illegal in the Phils. coz the political system is founded by conservatives

the argument is that prostitution threatens the family unit

the order of things is supposed to go like this: love --> marriage --> *** --> children

prostitution bypasses love and marriage making *** too easy to obtain for men which could threaten the creation of family units

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bawal pala dito?

Asan na ba si bugaw clavel? hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    conservative women hate prostitutes coz prostitutes steal their husbands or boyfriends

so conservative women with the help of the church influenced politicians to make prostitution illegal

hehe

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast