Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not so worried about that....

my kid:

a) can wash dishes
    b) can cook for himself
    c) can clean his room
    d) can diagnose a desktop PC, take it apart and put it back again.

and he just turned 13 last sunday.

only thing i am worried about is that he does not know how to ride a bike....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yeah I noticed too that the outdoorsy type of people are very flexible. I have a friend like that, masarap kasama. Tipid pa like when she travels kahit saan pwede mag stay.
    true, it's not easy to camp or hike kasi. the experience you get on a camping trip will prepare you for any type of lifestyle. pag sanay ka mag camping kakayanin mo ang maging mahirap. just imagine days ka walang proper na ligo, toothbrush, no restroom, walang kama, mainit, tapos ilan araw mo susuutin damit mo na pawisan. meron pa nga ako na salihan dati sa states na wala ka pwedeng dalhin kung hindi flashlight, sleeping bag, water, fire starter, compass at knife. yung food mo ikaw mismo huhuli at mag kakatay tapos pati gagamitin pang luto improvised. kaya yung mga taong nag cacamping/hiking kahit san mo dalin nakaka pag adapt.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    true, it's not easy to camp or hike kasi. the experience you get on a camping trip will prepare you for any type of lifestyle. pag sanay ka mag camping kakayanin mo ang maging mahirap. just imagine days ka walang proper na ligo, toothbrush, no restroom, walang kama, mainit, tapos ilan araw mo susuutin damit mo na pawisan. meron pa nga ako na salihan dati sa states na wala ka pwedeng dalhin kung hindi flashlight, sleeping bag, water, fire starter, compass at knife. yung food mo ikaw mismo huhuli at mag kakatay tapos pati gagamitin pang luto improvised. kaya yung mga taong nag cacamping/hiking kahit san mo dalin nakaka pag adapt.
    yes it is good to teach your kids to rough it up once in a while.

the best way to teach is to lead thru example. Cleaning up after your mess, doing chores...you can tell your kid to always do that but if the parent themselves are not doing those then baliwala yan. When i was little i wanted to be better than my dad, now i want my kid to be better than me.

now i look back and think of the daredevil stunts i did when i was little, crap, i hope my kid doesn't do them

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    so basically the point of of this thread is everybody should become like this guy

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    so basically the point of of this thread is everybody should become like this guy

hehe oo nga?

at marunong ng gawaing bahay.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    or these folks....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

cowboy type ba cat?
    I would like to think so. But I am not an outdoorsy type of person e.

Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yeah I noticed too that the outdoorsy type of people are very flexible. I have a friend like that, masarap kasama. Tipid pa like when she travels kahit saan pwede mag stay.

kids exposed to the outdoors and nature tend to be more mature, cautious with their actions, patient and respectful of others. the more exposure they have outside of the school and home, the more likely they will have a well rounded personality.
    That is so true. It's good din to expose kids to travel at an early age. Yung friend ko na outdoorsy kahit saan sumakay walang hilo hilo. Sobrang exposed kasi. Galing nga e.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 28th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    or these folks....

meron akong gaming apps nito ah.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I'll try to raise my kids enjoying the comforts of life, though I must make sure that they live by the seven virtues*. Yun siguro ang challenge...

* Seven virtues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the boy/girl scouts are taught good values in life.
    Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast