New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    You think too much.

I have a lot of friends who were born wealthy. Personal drivers to shuttle them wherever they want to go. A team of maids.

But they grew up to be very successful in fields different from their parents'. Some might not be as successful as their parents, but still successful nevertheless.

Yes, I also have friends who weren't as lucky. That's life.

sorry to burst your wealthy attitude. but nowadays and time's constantly changing, everybody needs to know the basic skills in life. do your kids need to be reminded to clean after themselves? do they need to be reminded to inhale and exhale? even the real royalty of yore the prince of england serves in the military just like every male citizen. it is all up to you to educate your children. by education, we mean, not only the things you learn from school but even the things you learn from the school of hard knocks. i guess that's the filipino mentality. most previous presidents including the present one, probably did not serve in the military nor even the boy scouts except emilio aguinaldo, ferdinand marcos and fidel ramos.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 25th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just said you think too much. I'm not
    implying that you're wrong.

Now, are you saying that all our children should be doing house chores everyday? They should know how to do it, but that doesn't mean that they should always do it.

Btw, my eldest kid just arrived from a foreign summer schooling tour where they have to tend for themselves for 2 months.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Last edited by Monseratto; May 25th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    that is why, the measure of good parenting and success is not how much wealth you have accumulated but by how much your offsprings have attained not only in material things but also of moral, spiritual and civic accomplishments. so what if you are the richest in your village, there might be somebody richer now or richer later or more successful. most parents, specially the older folks whose values are more than that of material things look at success differently. as demonstrated in my last trip to baguio around fifteen years ago, the houses along the road might look like a very inexpensive nipa hut but had their kids' name and educational attainment or degree. values differ from individual to individual. but legacy is valuable. even if you have been the richest guy when you were alive, you still died and who knows the people who did not like you when you were alive are spitting,pissing or desecrating your grave. that's the measure of your persona that you took to the grave

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I just said you think too much. I'm not
    implying that you're wrong.

Now, are you saying that all our children should be doing house chores everyday? They should know how to do it, but that doesn't mean that they should always do it.

Btw, my eldest kid just arrived from a foreign summer schooling tour where they have to tend for themselves for 2 months.

don't take it personal, it is your prerogative or your friend's prerogative. but the parent-offspring arrangement should never be reversed. afterall, who's the older, more experienced and smarter person?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    stumbled on a neat article about entitlement and kids answering back

When ODD Kids, Entitlement Mentality and Verbal Abuse Collide

i just observed that there's ADHD, Asperger's syndrome and other "labels" and varying degrees of special education case children today which was very different if you were a child growing up in the 80's "sink or swim attitude" in child rearing and parents still spank their kids.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    I remember the days na takot kme magkapatid masumbong ng guro sa magulang.
    Dahil siguradong parusa (palo o dipa) abot namin...

Panahon ngayon -aawayin ng magulang ang guro! Kaya lumalaki ulo ng bata.

I have a 4mos old boy - challenge sa akin pagpalaki nito. Nahuli sa byahe, mga ka batch ko me mga binata't dalaga na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My daughter is 8 she'll be fine shes doing what an 8 yr old is supposed to do ;)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kid just arrived from a foreign summer schooling tour where they have to tend for themselves for 2 months.

CISV? I was CISV once, long, long time ago ...

Strict parents namin when we were younger pa. We (my sister and me) would have to do chores kahit may mga maids.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast