New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I had my way, I'd like to be laid to rest in the same way that Hoster Tully was in Game of Thrones - on a boat down a river, set ablaze by an arrow launched by my children.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    burial.

like my father and grand father, my casket will be draped with our flag and, on interment, i will be accorded with the customary 21- gun salute.

and i want this epitaph written on my headstone:

"a son, a father, and a public servant who tried to make a difference in this world."

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of epitaphs, this was one of my favorites.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cremation. Wala ng problema sa mga anak. They can basically put it anywhere. Kung wala silang pera then thrown Ashes somewhere or Sa bahay na Lang. Would we really still care patay na tayo?

Pero parang maganda yun Hawaiian style na dadalhin sa gitna ng sea tapos itapon doon yun ashes.

The important thing is ayusin na ngayon pa Lang. Don't leave the burden to your children.

Saka pag matanda na siguro ako. I'll just go to the states and check myself in a care home. At least professional care 24 hours.

Children can visit me or not but I don't want the responsibility of taking care of me to them. No hard feelings. If they want then good if not still good. Ayaw ko yun pinoy style na obligation ng anak alagaan magulang. I want children to live their lives without obligation taking care of parents.

Pangit lang tingnan kasi culture natin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; January 19th, 2016 at 05:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Cremation. Wala ng problema sa mga anak. They can basically put it anywhere. Kung wala silang pera then thrown Ashes somewhere or Sa bahay na Lang. Would we really still care patay na tayo?

Pero parang maganda yun Hawaiian style na dadalhin sa gitna ng sea tapos itapon doon yun ashes.

The important thing is ayusin na ngayon pa Lang. Don't leave the burden to your children.

Saka pag matanda na siguro ako. I'll just go to the states and check myself in a care home. At least professional care 24 hours.

Children can visit me or not but I don't want the responsibility of taking care of me to them. No hard feelings. If they want then good if not still good. Ayaw ko yun pinoy style na obligation ng anak alagaan magulang. I want children to live their lives without obligation taking care of parents.

Pangit lang tingnan kasi culture natin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bakit anak mo? Hehe. Dapat ata may pera ka para sa burial at maintenance mo. When my maternal lola passed away, it was her money used to fly her body to the PH including the flight of her children, in laws and apos who were in the US. She would have wanted that too.

Dunno why people think it's a burden. Ewan ko pero para sakin hindi burden yun pumunta sa memorial. Kapag malungkot ako I go to the memorial and I talk to my lola.

And yes the wake is more for the family, relatives, friends etc. Kung pwede nga lang isang buwan yung wake. Pinakamasakit yung pag nalibing na kasi di mo na makikita. Naranasan ko na magkasakit sa sobrang pagod at walang tulog during the wake pero I don't mind.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If I had my way, I'd like to be laid to rest in the same way that Hoster Tully was in Game of Thrones - on a boat down a river, set ablaze by an arrow launched by my children.

sarap nyan.... norse and viking style...
    kaya lang di ubra these days.... baka madampot ng mga chinese yung bangkay mo..... hehehehe.
    tsaka ang problema nyan baka hindi asintado yung mga anak mo, malayo na yung bangka, di pa din tinatamaan ng flaming arrow.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    burial.

like my father and grand father, my casket will be draped with our flag and, on interment, i will be accorded with the customary 21- gun salute.

and i want this epitaph written on my headstone:

"a son, a father, and a public servant who tried to make a difference in this world."
    nice one if you are a military man... with Taps playing in the background.
    sabay palo ng navy seals pin sa nakasarang kabaong.....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Bakit anak mo? Hehe. Dapat ata may pera ka para sa burial at maintenance mo. When my maternal lola passed away, it was her money used to fly her body to the PH including the flight of her children, in laws and apos who were in the US. She would have wanted that too.

Dunno why people think it's a burden. Ewan ko pero para sakin hindi burden yun pumunta sa memorial. Kapag malungkot ako I go to the memorial and I talk to my lola.

And yes the wake is more for the family, relatives, friends etc. Kung pwede nga lang isang buwan yung wake. Pinakamasakit yung pag nalibing na kasi di mo na makikita. Naranasan ko na magkasakit sa sobrang pagod at walang tulog during the wake pero I don't mind.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    ok lang yan, if madami kayong magkakapatid.
    pero kung nagiisang anak o even dalawa lang kayong magkapatid, sobrang nakakapagod.

when my pop died, tuliro si ermats.... walang silbi si utol dahil emotional.
    walang gumalaw, kami lang ni misis, from the hospital, to the time ng cremation. isang gabi lang ang wake. ang tulog ko ata nun is mga 30 minutes lang..

yes, merong memorial plan, but kailangan pa ring kumilos dahil magiintindi ka ng papeles, bayad sa ospital, coordination sa punenarya, chibog sa funeral parlor, pati design ng urn.

in two days, i lost 8 pounds... walang kain, walang tulog, walang ligo.

this is the reason why i also told my kid, cremate, after mamatay, wala ng burol. tapos ready na din ang memorial plan, para pick-up na lang ang bangkay sabay sunog na...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Speaking of epitaphs, this was one of my favorites.

but this line does have racial undertone, right?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast