New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    you wont feel both..... and you will not even care..... trust me.... hehehehehe.
    True. Also both choices are better than this:

Gawin nyo na lahat wag lang ito hehe.

Walang gustong magpa-mummify? Or donate your body to science?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sa tondo ni-re renta ang bangkay para may burol kuno at maging sangkalan o dahilan ng pagpasugal. May nakita ako sa gilid ng kalsada, maitim na ang bangkay kakalagay ng formalin, nagpapasugal pa sa kalye

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Regarding cremation not being environment friendly, or toxins being released:

- how did the toxins get in the body in the first place? Because we live in a toxic environment. You're just returning the toxins to their source

- it's not like they're gonna do a viking style funeral pyre; cremation ovens are more environment-friendly/less smoky these days.

- for traditional burial, you will need land, which could be used for planting trees, raising food, etc; building materials which took energy to produce. Caskets are made out of wood that came from trees. The car carrying your body will be burning more fuel running at a slower than usual pace on the way to your grave, not to mention the extra pollution from the traffic caused by the procession.

- land used for memorial lots is land that cannot be used for anything else, which may force cities to build more condos, or expand into previously uninhabited areas.

But hey, whichever way you want to go is up to you; i'm just pointing out that a traditional burial isn't as green as it would appear.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    cremation is financially cheaper, from any point of view.
    it also maximizes space in our shrinking world.
    but bayad na memorial plan ko. so it's whole body burial for me.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    me nakita ako sa cemetery dati, on first look i thought there were only two puntods inside. Napansin ko lang that there were other lapidas at the sides of the structure, so possible other relatives are resting there too . Pwede pala yun?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    me nakita ako sa cemetery dati, on first look i thought there were only two puntods inside. Napansin ko lang that there were other lapidas at the sides of the structure, so possible other relatives are resting there too . Pwede pala yun?
    Could be a mix of coffins, urns, and bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sa memorial park, the size of your plot usually dictates the maximum number of remains allowed.
    also, you have to abide by the "allowed architecture" of that particular "district" in the park... que grass level.. 8 inch high.. one niche only.. dual side by side.. family mausoleum!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    public cemeteries usually allows tomb exhumation after 5 years at minimum. lot owners have their option for a new burial with their deceased relatives/families then kaya dumadami sila kahit supposedly good for 2 bodies lang yung lote. unlike with private memorial parks and mausoleums na may restrictions sila na once the tomb was sealed it shouldn't be opened or exhumed except for evacuation or by legal reasons.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    but this line does have racial undertone, right?
    In my case i never took that line that way with the way i've encoutered it. With Dangerfield, it's linked more to the Caddyshack movie character where he's the bumbling rich guy who gets pissed at the snotty country club... then buys it out, to the horror of all the members.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, normally, they dig out the bones na after so many years, put it in a box and lay another coffin ng bagong namatay tapos yung box nasa ilalim or nasa ibabaw.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast