New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by draiman View Post
    ... all of us will.

...sorry sa title, para medyo attention-grabbing.

Would you prefer cremation or burial? Just want to have some opinions about it.

I'm leaning towards cremation, then ilagay ko na lang sa fire/water proof urn, then safely tuck inside a fire proof safe inside my house.

How about you guys?
    my wife and myself have already decided on this and have talked to our son.
    its cremation. pagkamatay na pagkamatay. wala ng lamay.
    ang scatter the ashes somewhere.... those are just remains....wala na yan..... important is yung afterlife.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    my wife and myself have already decided on this and have talked to our son.
    its cremation. pagkamatay na pagkamatay. wala ng lamay.
    ang scatter the ashes somewhere.... those are just remains....wala na yan..... important is yung afterlife.
    I agree! When you're dead nothing matters but GOD and going to Heaven.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I've seen this on my FB wall a couple of times.

Here’s a plan to bury corpses in pods, grow trees | New York Post

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    I agree! When you're dead nothing matters but GOD and going to Heaven.
    and another thing that matters are the things that you have done while you are still alive..... if you have served your purpose, if you have touched peoples lives, etc.... dun ka maaalala.... your legacy, if i may say.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Narerelease daw sa atmosphere lahat ng na-ingest mo na toxins sa katawan when you were still alive. Heavy metals, etc, etc. Baka ma-ingest pa ng loved ones mo. But I don't like the idea of getting eaten by maggots either.

Mushroom burial suit anyone?
    https://www.ted.com/talks/jae_rhim_lee?language=en

I wish everyone could go when they are ready. Doesn't matter if you're 20 or 100, I just hope you are at peace at the end, like Anthony Hopkins in Meet Joe Black.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Buried.

I don't like the thought of my body being burned. It's kinda like symbolic of hell It's always been burial for our whole family anyway.

My maternal grandmother passed away in the US and we brought her home. It was what she wanted too. I took care of the paper works from Manila's side. I still miss her until now and our family let me keep the key to her casket. I'm not sure if there is already soft embalming here but it is so much better than the regular embalming. I got to touch my Lola and she felt normal pa rin, unlike regular embalming that makes the body hard as rock.
    It's easy to choose a burial if you've got abundant lands to bury your dead. But right now prices of burial lots have skyrocketed and only the comfortably wealthy can afford to keep on buying land. But even then, it's finite and you'll soon be forced to bury your dead faraway from Metro Manila. Then when all burial lots are filled, what happens to the dead? Exhumed to give way to new tenants.

I also come from a family that has traditionally buried all that have passed away, but recently I've begun to question this tradition. My tito passed away the other year and we had him cremated after the wake. My boss' dad was cremated right after death and it was only the urn that was in the wake. My lola still followed the traditional process with a wake, procession to the cemetery, and burial. Regardless of procedure, all of them are dead as dead and have been peacefully laid to rest.

I don't want to dwell on our beliefs about the afterlife, but I find it difficult to believe that an almighty and omnipotent god will care much about how your dead body was dealt with.

These rituals are really more for those that are left behind. I'm sure it makes people cope better with their grief to do the ritual this way or the other. But I think that they should also reexamine their beliefs as resources (land) are finite, and our choices will inevitably affect the options that will be available to future generations.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    and another thing that matters are the things that you have done while you are still alive..... if you have served your purpose, if you have touched peoples lives, etc.... dun ka maaalala.... your legacy, if i may say.
    Well said sir 1D4LV! We should all strive to be a blessing to other people while we can.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If you think cremation was gruesome, look up "Sky burial". No thanks, i'll stick with cremation ^_^

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Narerelease daw sa atmosphere lahat ng na-ingest mo na toxins sa katawan when you were still alive. Heavy metals, etc, etc. Baka ma-ingest pa ng loved ones mo. But I don't like the idea of getting eaten by maggots either.
    you wont feel both..... and you will not even care..... trust me.... hehehehehe.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    cremate para sanay na sa init pagdating sa ilalim

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast