New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    why not the ocean? 3/4 water, 1/4 land tayo di'ba? so far oil natin mostly kuha sa land or near land ... i believe kaya pa yan yun nga la lang makinarya to get to the bottom of oceans/seas.

yes that's true some countries got a lot of reserved in thier offshore field. But its not worth to extract those oil at this time.. "lugi ka pa sa puhunan"..maybe later on pag talagang mataas na ang presyo ng crude oil at wala na silang choices. some part of Africa and Middle East may mga deep water drilling pero depende sa quality ng oil na makukuha nila...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tumpak, kaya di na dapat i-patronized ang mga malalakas sa gas/krudo na tsikot. kaya nga daming mga nagsulputang mga suv / luxury cars na de sais at de otso dito sa pinas, ang mahirap, kinakagat naman ng marami. di tulad sa europe at japan paliitan ng sasakyan at me mga electic powered na. few decades from now balik tayo sa mga animal drawn carriage. pasok na naman ang mga horsepowers

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    few decades from now balik tayo sa mga animal drawn carriage. pasok na naman ang mga horsepowers :
    may damo ka pa ba dyan?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    may hybrid, natural gas, at electric cars naman to consider pa just in case.

mahirap din yun bumalik tayo sa kabayo. kung sa naka-motor nga amoy araw ka na bago dumating sa work, eh kapag kabayo amoy kabayo na din.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    may hybrid, natural gas, at electric cars naman to consider pa just in case.
    Definitely, but as mentioned, the existing alternatives may be nowhere near enough to meet the world's current (and still growing) petrol-based energy requirements. A drastic lifestyle change might be in order, just to ensure survival in the wake of a complete oil crash...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 17th, 2006 at 05:03 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Definitely, but as mentioned, the existing alternatives may be nowhere near enough to meet the world's current (and still growing) petrol-based energy requirements. A drastic lifestyle change might be in order, just to ensure survival in the wake of a complete oil crash...
    Sun Tzu liked his soldiers trapped or boxed in in battles so that they can become more creative and motivated, and better chances of winning against the enemy.

yan lang naman ang nangyayari sa mundo, ipitin ng husto ang tao sa oil crisis, and magugulat na lang tayo kanto kanto na discoveries for other sources of energy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ahem... the survival of our lifestyle, that is. The world can survive without cheap oil, but the western lifestyle will definitely take a hit.

Undersea alternatives are expensive, as are the oil shale deposits that the US is currently hoarding. They'll become more practical as time goes on, but never as cheap as current oil.

We have lots of oil. However, we may soon reach the point where we're burning too much oil while extracting it to make extracting it worthwhile.

Current alternatives such as fuel cells are worthless unless you have a large solar/hydroelectric/geothermal or other renewable energy sources to base your hydrogen infrastructure off of.

Brazil has shown that it can subsist almost wholly on biofuels (depending on seasonal harvest)... but for vehicles only. I doubt many other countries can, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ahem... the survival of our lifestyle, that is. The world can survive without cheap oil, but the western lifestyle will definitely take a hit.
    right on.

and this dilemna will be most felt by those country needing heating during the winter season.

btw, you'd be surprised at how much oil the USA consumes compared to the rest of the world (they consume around 25% of the world's total oil supply). the american dream will soon come to halt sooner or later.

I agree with bogeyman on a radical lifestyle change (particularly for Western nations). they'd be welcomed into a world of a single car per family, kids living with their parents, recycling/refurbishment of used goods, etc.

and if I were you guys, I'd start investing on nice piece of farmland just in case.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... I'm getting ready to plant marijuana... errh... sorry... corn, just in case. :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    What if George W. Bush decided to spend the $300 BILLION budget for Iraq and Afghanistan to instead build hydrogen-fuel-cell refilling stations across California, for example. Do you think it will work?

I wouldn't mind driving a box that runs on hydrogen fuel for just everyday commute to work. You can drive your McLaren on weekends.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
World Oil Production Passed its Peak?