New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls
    the article attached mentioned that biodiesels and all other so called "alternative" fuels are not really alternative but "derivatives" of fossil fuel since they still need the latter to run machineries that produce the previous.
    I think the diesel machines should run on biodiesel and result in biodiesel sustaining itself.

The coconut is one of the sources of biodiesel. Sabi pa nga, the coco-biodiesel is the best biodiesel since it is saturated fatty acids and thus highly comparable/compatible to fossil diesel.

Coconut Tree... the tree of life. Daming benefits.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oh crap, i should scrounge up enough cash for a vacation around the world now before the oil peak and plane tickets will triple and quadruple :D

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yes, there is no doubt biofuel can run our vehicles.

QUESTION: can u produce enough plant/coconut-derived biofuel to supply the needs of the vehicles running in our country and at a lower price than regular fuel?

can u supply all the gas stations? even half of all the gas stations in our country? o kahit metro manila lang?

If everyone can fill up their fuel tank with alternative fuel at a lower cost than regular fuel, the oil companies will be out of business.

The reason why biofuel isnt taking off is coz the producers can't produce quantity big enough to supply the gas stations consistently (as in everyday, 365 days a year) and at lower cost than regular fuel.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    whatever process goes into turning coconuts into biofuel, the process is probably too slow, the cost is probably too high, the quantity too little TO BE COMMERCIALLY VIABLE.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    lets clone coconuts! :D

sorry useless ideas hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    It won't be long before the whole world finally bows down to kiss our nuts!

One thing that needs to be addressed in biodiesel is its solvent quality at 100% blend. It has to be safe enough for the engine so we can finally do away with blending it to regular diesel.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 20th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    whatever process goes into turning coconuts into biofuel, the process is probably too slow, the cost is probably too high, the quantity too little TO BE COMMERCIALLY VIABLE.
    Sir Chemrez is now 90% done in building the plant to increase output. We just need to rally support of the product it so that it will grow. It is very very possible to be commercially viable for our country. So buy coco-biodiesel. Let the big three know how much it is needed. Susunod yung mga iyon sa demand. Really, I think. If there is demand, there will be supply, lalo na renewable ito. Dapat lang meron drive... meron demand.

"If you build it, they will come."

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom
    What if George W. Bush decided to spend the $300 BILLION budget for Iraq and Afghanistan to instead build hydrogen-fuel-cell refilling stations across California, for example. Do you think it will work?
    Another way of thinking (conspiracy thinking that is) of the war in Iraq is, the US asserting its "control" in the middle east situation especially in areas which are major oil producers.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I'm starting to sound like an activist here. Not my style, not my intent. Simply to support alternative fuel lang po. I think I've said to much for my good na. Thanks for hearing me out.

OK, I'm out of here.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and the price should be lower than regular fuel.

For comparison lang: magkano ang virgin coconut oil? diba mga 150-200 per 500 ml? alam ko iba ang coco-biofuel sa virgin coconut oil... but if the virgin coconut oil costs that much, will the price per liter of pure coco-biofuel be far from that price of VCO? kahit kalahati mahal parin.

Eto ang tanong: magagawa ba nila P25.00-P30 per liter ang pump price ng coconut-biofuel?

World Oil Production Passed its Peak?