New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I thought we we're heading that way..................

We've been engaged since February and we decided to move in together after the proposal.Things were going great until last night.

We were having dinner when out of the blue he told me that he's calling the wedding off. I thought it was just one of his stupid pranks that he pulls on me every now and then so I just ignored him. He kept quiet for about a minute or so and then he brought it up again.He said he had been thinking about moving out and would like to think things over. He looked me dead in my face and told me that he loves me so much but he is not sure If I am the person that he would like to share the rest of his life with. He was telling me that all he need is some time away from me. He doesn't know how long it would take, 2 days, 2 months, 2 years ....only God knows how long...

Some of you would ask me if I ever saw a sign. I wish I did but it happened so fast.I never saw it coming.

In the meantime all I could do is just sit, cry, and pray that one day, this man would show up at my doorstep and ask me again to marry him.
    Last edited by tinky; June 1st, 2006 at 08:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I'm sorry to hear that, missZ.

Maraming rason. Maaring natakot siya. Yung sinasabing "afraid of commitment". And then you said, you moved in together, so it could be na na-isip niya na ayaw nya nung ganun for the rest of his life. But I don't know him so I'm just venturing a guess.

To be optimistic about it, you probably deserve someone better.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hmm... that's so ..... direct. I wish I had his courage.

kidding aside, baka naman prank din yan. but this time, the prank will take longer (in a matter of days) tapos isang matinding surprise to the max. a new house maybe ...

anyways, just cheering you up. sabi mo nga he's that kind of person mahilig sa surprises/pranks. give it a day or two ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hey, the only thing I can say is that the guy has a problem. A matter of choosing something that would be really important for him and for his future. And the cause might be fear. He might be afraid of commitment and never get out of it. Or maybe he's in a situation wherein he doesn't want you to get involved with it. If he loves you that much then he is just keeping you away from something that might hurt you. But if he said he wanted to make sure if you'll be the right person for him, then it's possible that a third party is entering the story. Just pray and whatever happens God will always make you understand why things had happened this way. Be strong.
    Last edited by margaux; June 1st, 2006 at 05:24 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    commitment. Sometimes men needs to think about it really hard, mas mahirap namang pag married na kayo dun siya makakahanap ng iba.

Ika nga kasabihan sa atin sa Pinas kung ukol bubukol. Try to think it over kung bumalik siya, gugustuhin mo pa ba ang lalaking ganito ang ugali, Siguro its a sign that both of you might not be compatible in the long run.

Married life is such a complicated matter, everything is a bed of roses UNTIL the kids comes along then the bills then family problems, thats where you will be tested kung talagang mahal mo siya, men by nature titingin at titingin sa iba yan, kahit pang ms universe ang beauty mo eventually titingin sa iba yan.

Maybe just maybe meron siyang nakitang iba ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear

speaking only for myself, getting cold feet is a sign of fear. fear of many things - making a big mistake, knowing my own feelings, the cost of the wedding (j/k!!)....and maybe a little bit of cowardice as well.

sometimes we men come to our senses and come back (and hope it's not too late). but other times, it's better that you're not wasting your time and tears on us.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [size=5][size=1]
    [/size]
    Why Do Men Get Cold Feet??[size=1]
    [/size][/size]

-The fear of the leash being too tight.
    -The fear of losing our carefree ways.
    -The fear of her having two sides like a coin. While engaged, she's an angel. After the wedding, she transforms into a female tyrant.

-The fear of life as we know it ending only to be replaced by predictability and humdrum.

Went through all the above. As soon as my wife arrived here, she took charge and before I knew it, I was on an awfully short leash. But, meh. I'm taken and kept.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sana nga prank lang yan with matching super-lupit uber-cool suprise.

we're all hoping na things will go in your favor, missZ.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    [b][size=5][size=1][/size][/size]

-The fear of the leash being too tight.

-The fear of her having two sides like a coin. While engaged, she's an angel. After the wedding, she transforms into a female tyrant.
    Natumbok mo kapatid !!!

Hindi umiimik nung mag syota palang kayo pero nung maging asawa mo di lang BUNGANGERA BASAGULERA pa.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow...sorry to hear that. Might I ask how long you were dating before getting engaged?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Why Do Men Get Cold Feet??