New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thankfully my bad flight experiences are relegated to delays in bad airports, missing connecting flights, and lost luggage.

For those whom i personally know, my Tito (who's like my father already) experienced losing an engine and having to dump their cargo into the open sea along with the AV gas (the dead bodies were kept on board though)... with the military plane they were on barely making it back to Cebu Mactan. They almost had to ditch into the sea that time.
    Last edited by vinj; August 25th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    worst commercial airport landing i experienced was at tegucigalpa international airport in honduras. the place is surrounded by terrorists who would attempt to down your plane. it is in the valley between high peaks and approach was at higher altitude and had to nose dive to the runway. everybody had to brace their heads against the seat in front, hug your thighs while preparing and landing. the plane hits the ground, have to come to a full halt in ten seconds and make a turn around to the air terminal. this is the second most dangerous airport in the world second only to bhutan airport

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    when i got seated besides 2 chinese woman, who got a bad odor.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    worst? i guess when i was not planted in my seat talking to a friend and our 767 plane descends rapidly... i just grabbed my friend's seat arm rest & pumikit na lang ako at halos lahat ng pasahero ay nagsisigawan na.
    others are two missed flights due to haze and my own stupidity plus the usual rocky ride due to turbulence
    Last edited by Gumusut_Amige; August 25th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Small plane virtually making a u turn in the air while descending rapidly with the tyres making contact a few seconds after... Napamura ako.... it was good nobody in the plane understood....

On another flight, We dropped a few meters with some of the food and drinks on our lap as a result.

Still another flight, plane suddenly aborted take off when we are about to lift off.... Real scary...

Another flight, the engine 'exploded'as explained to us by the FA, not sure but there was a big bang while we were rolling and in the last corner before take off...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    pinaka delikado sa airplane ay ang fog. hindi yan lilipad kung grabe ang fog.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    - on a PAL 320 to cebu bounced 4x on a hard landing due to sudden heavy rains while n our final approach some luggage overhead compartment opened due to the verynstrong impact

- on a delta 747 seating beside then window when the plane started to dump fuel on air....reason had an emergency landing due to hydraulic leaks which we learned after de plane

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lossing both engine of our company chartered plane F27 while returning back to city.. pilot dump some fuel one passenger got heart attack.. and still we landed safely thanks to Pinoy Captain ex Phil Airforce.

Singapore airline from pakistan to singapore.. oxygen mask drop.. with high turbulance and I was still enjoying bon jovi song.. my cute indonesian seat mate hug me I was praying that sana mag tagal pa

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Worst flight - I was flying from Vancouver BC Canada to New York but have a connecting flight in Oregon.
    The plane from Vancouver to Oregon is a very small airplane - about 15-20 passenger plane. I felt claustrophobic when I got inside that plane and the plane shook like a kite when there is a turbulence. I thought that was my last day alive.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Worst flight - I was flying from Vancouver BC Canada to New York but have a connecting flight in Oregon.
    The plane from Vancouver to Oregon is a very small airplane - about 15-20 passenger plane. I felt claustrophobic when I got inside that plane and the plane shook like a kite when there is a turbulence. I thought that was my last day alive.
    Precisely the reason why I do not want to ride in small planes....

They have shuttle planes from SFO to SJ,- about that size. Rode in one some years ago... Nevermore....

20.9K:lotsocoffee:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast