New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    To each his own.
    Everyone has his / her own reasons for doing so. As parents, it is our basic obligation to provide for our children all the best that life has to offer. On a different perspective however, as a Filipino, I am more concerned on the long term effects of settling down in a foreign land. Will I be able to take for example the way my teens act the way teenagers do in western countries? Will I be put in a home for the elderly when I am old, etc..etc?
    I might be wrong but then, it's what my thoughts are at this point in time.
    sir, it's how you raise your kids.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane View Post
    I stayed in America for more than a year before (sent there by our company). Kung quality of life ang pag-uusapan, quality of life in America is way much better. Food is cheap, I can easily buy a decent car, lots of tourist places to go around, blonde chicks everywhere (although many of them are fat), and best of all, **** is legal and part of your rights.

Pero habang umaandar ang panahon, the need to socialize with family and friends became too great. This is because I am single, and I was staying in my apartment all by myself. There were times that I never spoke for an entire weekend kasi I have no one else to talk to. Pinoys are usually far, unlike in Pinas na pumunta ka lang sa tindahan and you can mingle with the tambays there. As a result, I spent close to $800 a month on long-distance calls to the Philippines to talk to my folks and barkadas (buti na lang my phone bills are charged to company expense )
    saan ka ba tumira noon bro? kasi sa Bay Area (that is in California for the folks who are not from here), particulary sa Vallejo/San Jose/Daly City, Filipinos are well represented. there is a big Pinoy community in each of these three cities. we have Filipino restaurants and groceries. It's like living back home.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane View Post
    In summary, it's hard to survive migrating to another foreign country if you are single. I guess social needs is a basic need of humans.
    i think it's the other way around. mas mahirap ang mag migrate sa ibang lugar kung may gf/wife ka na maiiwan.
    Last edited by n2knee; October 11th, 2006 at 08:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V View Post
    And did I mention the women here are so hot hot hot.
    then you have not seen enough :lol:

Cali Pinays are probably one of the hottest!!!!!!!!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo View Post
    Sirs na nagmigrate out of Philippines where do u plan to go when u retire? i.e.
    when ever that day comes, gagawin ko ginagawa ng mga uncles ko after they retired. they go back and forth. three months sa Pinas, nine months dito sa USA.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kc ung isa kong tito na nagwowork abroad matulungin sa amin sabi ng nanay ko pagnagretire raw sya kami na raw bahala sa kanya. Ung isang tita naman ng asawa ng friend ko malapit na magretire ang bait nya sa friend ko kc walang pamilya sa abroad ang balak raw ng tita nya sa kanila magretire kaya lahat ng luho ng friend k binibigay nya.
    is that an investment? never do a good deed/favor and expect something in return. paano kung yung mga taong inaasan ng uncle mo or tita mo ay may sariling buhay na?

Yan kc ung isang main factor ko sa desisyon ko not to migrate. Abroad a lot of opportunities but u need to work it out.
    plant the seeds today and harvest the crops tomorrow. that is the fact of life kapatid. nothing is easy. all of the successful people that i know had to work hard in order to achieve their dreams. di kaya ganyan ang sitwasyon diyan sa Pilipinas dahil karamihan ng mga tao dian, they're expecting things to suddenly fall in their hands?

but what after retirement? sa home for the aged? nakakaiyak ata un after mo maging useful sa country na pinagsilbihan mo eh basta ka na lang itapon ng anak mo sa institution to be cared for by young people who migrated there for a better life.
    no. if you planed your retirement carefully, you can still enjoy your senior years. you can travel the world. retirement is not always = to living in a senior home playing bingo.

Tama ba yung mga sinabi ko?
    mali.

Di ko din sure eh pero takot ako na after ko iprioritize ibang tao eh baka ganun gawin sa akin pagtanda ko...
    ibang tao ba ang turing mo sa mga magiging anak mo at asawa mo? at dipende kasi sa relationship mo sa mga anak mo (o magiging mga anak mo). your relationship with them today will determine where you will end up in the future.

Unlike here. Kahit mga magulang ko kaya panay tulong nila sa amin magkakapatid may ineexpek din sila.
    ganyang ang ugali nating mga pinoy. tutulong tayo sa kapwa natin dahil may ini-expect tayong kapalit. at pag hindi nangyari, magiging malaking disappointment sa atin. para bang investment ang turing.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Me and my wife are also thinking of migrating lalo na ngayon at 2 pa lang kami and we are thinking it would be a much easier transition since there will only be the two of us, and no children yet.

My wife and I just got back from a long term expat assignment. Coming back to the philippines feels great! you see your family and old friends. so many things and news to share with good friends.

But somehow, there is a feeling/need for us to move on. Its like coming back to visit your small hometown province and like any small baranggay in the province, opportunities are limited and growth is stagnant. Which is why we (as students)went to the city to study, and eventually find a better job rather than cultivating the fields and planting palay in my hometown. Nothing wrong with that dont get me wrong.

As we arrived and went on our way home, I had mixed emotions. I'm glad to see the philippines, but looking at the place since we left made me wonder where the country is going in the long term. We are always hit by typhoons(can't blame anyone) but the floods! guys at the gov't dont you see a trend here? fix our roads and drainages... the streets are crowded with cars and beggars, garbage, potholes, protesters, squatters, mmda and police, houses with bars all over their windows and doors(madami magnanakaw)... and there seems to be a stagnant growth-can't see any new building being put up. Unlike in other countries such as Singapore, HK, Malaysia and China esp. where growth is so huge, at every corner there is a mfg plant or company being built up. But then again, CCP(communist party) owns/dictates everything pero atleast nakikita mo yun growth - roads are widened and so many companies are investing in shanghai, beijing etc. Our company will be building its biggest and most adv. site there soon while the site we have in the philippines have not seen any new building the past 8 years.

These indicators are slowly pressing us to migrate to another country, esp that we are planning to add a new member(like all happily married couples ) or maybe seek another long term assignement eslewhere. We are stable financially with savings and properties nothing to ask for anything more but... long-term(esp. for my family) where is the philippines really headed? Too many uncertainties that I see, or atleast uncertainties that are happening/observed by me. planning/investing for the short-term is really not ideal (atleast for me). Although no one can really say what the future brings, "advanced" countries(like canada, US, Austrailia etc) with a more stable economy is really a more logical choice strategiacally(for me and my family, as I interpret it). past and present data of these countries allows us to check/predict the long-term view they have... kung ok yun long-term horizon ng country like gov't support(health, education) and economic stability and growth(availability of jobs, financial growth) at tugma naman sa plans namin mag-asawa baka magmigrate na rin kami... sad but, I need to do it for me and my family.
    Last edited by cardo; October 11th, 2006 at 11:35 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    whew... natapos ko din...

this thread is very nice... an eye-opener for me...

paminsan-minsan napapag-usapan din namin ni misis na migrate. gusto ko sana either Australia, New Zealand or Canada lumaki yung baby namin. primary consideration is the environment and educational system natin. pero after reading this thread napag-isip-isip ko na pwede dito na lang kami. mag to-tour na lang kami sa mga nabanggit.

we only have 1 kid as of the moment at di rin kami mayaman. i am just an ordinary employee that's why i plan to work as an OFW para makapag-ipon, siguro 1-3 years ok na yun. my plan is to have my wife establish businesses here while i am working abroad. para pag balik ko ay medyo umangat ang buhay namin at magkaroon ng bahay at lupa.

we all want a good life for our family, that's why yung iba nagma-migrate kasi they think na mas ok yun. sabi nga "kung san ka masaya, te' suportahan taka". kaya you have our support guys & gals.

para dun sa mga nag-stay and thinking na may solusyon pa sa problema ng Pinas, saludo din kami sa inyo.

ako, simple lang gusto ko. just like the some of fellow tsikoteers ay...
    a) magkaroon ng farm na malapit sa dagat
    b) good education for my kid and future kids
    c) mag-alaga ng baka (kulang na kulang ang supply sa market natin)
    d) makatulong sa magulang at mga kapatid
    e) makapagtayo ng foundation (school) to help in educating our less fortunate brothers/sisters.
    f) makapag contribute sa bansa natin para umunlad... at maraming pang iba...

to all tsikoteers, may you all be successful in your chosen endeavor...

this is one great forum!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Thinking of migrating?  or already a migrant?