New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    You need to ask yourself why you are affected.

My colleagues get the latest stuff a lot of times but it has no effect on me.
    Hehe... It's insecure to care what other people think of your financial status. It's even more insecure to actually care about their financial status, too.

You mow a person isn't insecure about their financial status when they don't post what they're eating or buying on FB.

Me? I'm obviously only insecure about my car journo status.... Which is why I only post test drives.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Huwag mo na lang pansinin... Maaapektuhan ka pa...

16.3K:shower:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's a phase many go through in social networking... me included. "A lot of people are doing it so it's probably politically correct." But as you mature, you find less need to broadcast anything about your life and you realize how annoying it has become.

But that's on FB and Twitter. What do you guys think of forum threads like "What's your latest gadget?" or "What's the last thing you bought?", wherein you're actually encouraged to show off your crap?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I have to agree w/ hein. Why are you affected? Re: social media, I'm ok w/ "non-sense" posts since these platforms were created specifically for this purpose. Do you think Twitter, FB, Google+, etc. will thrive if people only post milestone events?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't get affected and in fact, they never fail to make me smile a silly grin and be thankful for being happy about who i am with no qualms if the people next to me have better stuff then i do, or at least pretend that they do so (there will always be bigger fish in the pond). My wife and i even follow and banter each other about the FB posts of one of her schoolmates (who's now in politics) since her endless posting of "pa-sosyal" stuff is really crazy.

I saw this on FB some time ago:

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Me? I'm obviously only insecure about my car journo status.... Which is why I only post test drives.
    Why not take up cudgels for a certain brand with "legendary diesel engines"? :D
    Last edited by vinj; July 19th, 2012 at 09:56 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya Wala Ako FB account eh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    FB social climbers --> unsubscribe.

RL social climbers --> normally you just ignore. But if they pull off crap that gives you grief, then it's extremely annoying.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano malalaman kung social climber yun mga naka iPhone? Makipag telebabad kayo Sa phone nila, more often than not prepaid and walang load mga socils climber...Wala pa unli data...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Kaya Wala Ako FB account eh...

Same here...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Social Climbers