New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    First off, how do we define a social climber?

Ano ba ang mga katangian/ginagawa na mapapansin mo sa kanila para masabing ganun nga sila?

And how do we know if they're just "social climbing" o sadyang ma-pera/sosyal talaga sila?

For one, perhaps if someone is living beyond his/her means ...

social climbers are those who try to project an image that they're richer than they really are

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    social climbers are those who try to project an image that they're richer than they really are
    ???

“There's money, and then there's class. The two are often separated.”
    - Kate Jacobs
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 19th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^ Mismo.

Too short.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    si Gretchen, sila Pacquiao they're what's called noveau riche

wiki:
    The term nouveau riche (French: “new rich” [nu.vo ʁiʃ]), describes rich people who acquired their wealth within their own generations; the equivalent English term is (the) new rich.[1] Sociologically, nouveau riche describes the man or woman who previously had belonged to a lower social class and economic stratum (rank) within that class; and that the new money — which constitutes his or her wealth — allowed upward social mobility and provided the means for conspicuous consumption, the buying of goods and services that signal membership in an upper class. As a pejorative term, nouveau riche effects distinctions of type, the given stratum within a social class; hence, among the rich people of a social class, nouveau riche describes the vulgarity and ostentation of the new-rich man and woman who lack the worldy experience and the system of values of Old Money, of inherited wealth, such as the patriciate and the gentry.
    they have money na but they're, as decribed above, showy. they love attention -- characteristic of new rich

the old rich are the opposite of that. they avoid attracting attention
    Last edited by uls; July 19th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    ???

- Kate Jacobs

Like! Like! Like!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    breeding takes time kasi

iba talaga ang formation ng mga pinanganak na mayaman at ng mga galing sa hirap then yumaman bigla
    Last edited by uls; July 19th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aside from that most often than not walang pinagaralan Karamiha ng newly rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

pag ang jologs nanalo ng lotto di mawawala ang pagiging jologs nila

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how you got your riches... kung singer, actor or athlete... they're more likely to be conspicuous consumers who waste away their fortunes. But if they're entrepreneurs, they have the same mindset... spend only on the business, not on yourself. Not until you've got other suckers investing in your business so you can pay yourself bonuses from their money.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I don't get affected and in fact, they never fail to make me smile a silly grin and be thankful for being happy about who i am with no qualms if the people next to me have better stuff then i do, or at least pretend that they do so (there will always be bigger fish in the pond). My wife and i even follow and banter each other about the FB posts of one of her schoolmates (who's now in politics) since her endless posting of "pa-sosyal" stuff is really crazy.

I saw this on FB some time ago:

Why not take up cudgels for a certain brand with "legendary diesel engines"? :D
    Hey... S&R has really good pizza, only 99 bucks for a slice of pizza bigger than a "family sized" Greenwich Pizza. Tastes ten times better, too. ...also, soft drinks are 1.25 cheaper at S&R. ... but when they ran out of the Lifetime tables we buy for our canteen and dorm, we went to Puregold down the street to see if they still had stock. Same-same lang naman young company... mas sosy lang dating and "S&R" na pangalan.

-

Legendary diesel engines? Like the one in my Isuzu Crosswind that's nearly 250,000 kilometers old and still runs perfectly well despite being beaten half-to-death and driven through two typhoon floods? You can inquire about a brand new Crosswind XUVi with amazing turbo power at your nearest Isuzu dealer, today! Like my status on Facebook!
    Last edited by niky; July 19th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    ???

- Kate Jacobs

good example of social climber..

Social Climbers