New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Those who plan to settle on southern part of the metro will surely experienced that.

I'm from the south (AAv), boy, its so tiring to drive from Alabang to my gf's place in CG. And to think those villages in Sta. Rosa have yet to be fully developed and theres already traffic jam everyday during rush hour. As it is SRT rd. is just a 4 lane street with trikes. Hhmm sarap siguro tumira dyan when every household will 2-3 cars.��

Precisely i don't recommend the place so i can enjoy it the most.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Precisely i don't recommend the place so i can enjoy it the most.
    Reverse psychology hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I wanna settle down where my folks live hehehe. .
    I wanna live in Forbes too but I don't think there is any chance of that happening in my lifetime. You could always move in with your parents, 2000 sq m should be enough for 2 families

If I were to choose between North or South, it's South for me. Less traffic talaga. I don't experience traffic when I go home South while my friends from the North deal with heavy traffic daily.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 16th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    But you're living in Makati, Cathy. You don't need to traverse SLEX or Cavitex do you, heheh

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Cath goes to Sta. Rosa regularly. But travel from Makati to Sta. Rosa is easy.

Eh pano kung taga-Alabang ka tapos anak mo nagaaral sa Ateneo/UP. Lahat ng kaibigan kong ganun, sinusumpa ang byahe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    But you're living in Makati, Cathy. You don't need to traverse SLEX or Cavitex do you, heheh
    We have a house in the South so I pass slex and skyway too.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Eh pano kung taga-Alabang ka tapos anak mo nagaaral sa Ateneo/UP. Lahat ng kaibigan kong ganun, sinusumpa ang byahe.
    The logical thing to do in such a case is to get a dorm. I got a brand new studio type unit fully furnish beside Ateneo. Ready to for rent.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The logical thing to do in such a case is to get a dorm. I got a brand new studio type unit fully furnish beside Ateneo. Ready to for rent.
    also applicable with UST if you are living down south.... Only DLSU is reasonable.... I remember commuting back then from Alabang to UST daily. Wala pang traffic nun ha? Takes me around 1.5 hours one way. Eh ngayon pa kaya.

Agree on the dorm though.
    Invest ka lang sa studio type na condo, tapos pag naka graduate na yung anak mo, he can either live there or have it rented.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

also applicable with UST if you are living down south.... Only DLSU is reasonable.... I remember commuting back then from Alabang to UST daily. Wala pang traffic nun ha? Takes me around 1.5 hours one way. Eh ngayon pa kaya.

Agree on the dorm though.
    Invest ka lang sa studio type na condo, tapos pag naka graduate na yung anak mo, he can either live there or have it rented.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For those planning to settle in the south, dapat iconsider din yung additional cost of having your kids live elsewhere for college. You save on gas and toll but spend on rental and food.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Cath goes to Sta. Rosa regularly. But travel from Makati to Sta. Rosa is easy.

I see. I was under the impression that she just stays in one of the gated villages around Makati CBD.

Dorm and bedspace talaga ang mahusay para sa mga bata ngayon. 15 years ago, mga pinsan ko na sa Caloocan nakatira at sa UST nag-aaral, nagdorm na kahit kaya maguwian. Sunday nalang ang ata ang araw na maluwag ang kalye, saka pag oras na ng Aldub pag Sabado, ubos oras sobra ang commute.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast