New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    sa mga may experience na sa mga embassy interviews... meron bang standard interview questions? pls list it down if possible para naman sa amin.
    Sa US Embassy, ang usual na mga tanong ay:
    1. What is the purpose of your trip?
    2. How long do you intend to stay?
    3. Where will you stay?
    4. Who will pay for your trip?
    5. Will you go there alone or with company?
    6. Tell us more about your present business/work.
    7. Please show us supporting documents of your assets (properties, bank accounts, loans, cars etc.)

Actually, depende rin sa iniinterview nilang aplikante! Kanya kanyang topak kase ang mga consuls! (hehehehe)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    From my experience in visa interviews from the Italian, German, Canadian, and Japanese embassies, I never felt that attire is too important. I think smart casual will really do and what's more important is that you confidently and honestly explain the purpose of your trip and how you plan to pay for it.

I see people wearing all sorts of formal clothes during interviews but many don't look comfortable in it.

In my opinion, the bottom line is that visa officer will want to make sure that whoever is applying a visa will actually come back to the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minero View Post
    Went to the US embassy Aug 30 for interview. Visa renewal lang naman. Yung madam in front of me deinied kahit na visa renewal siya kasi nag stay siya ng 1 year previously sa US. Ask ng consul kung ano ginawa niya sa US ng 1 yr. Sagot ba naman "I stayed with my aunt". So tanong ulit ng consul kung mag stay siya sa aunt niya ulit. Sagot ba naman ni madam "No, this time I will stay with my uncle". Denied tuloy siya. Funny how some people are not really prepared when they go for interview. She is really dressed up to the max.

Ako, just long sleeved polo shirt and blue jeans. Nothing fancy. Got another 10 yr visa.
    di nya na kailangan mag interview uli because na overstayed siya by 6 months unless pina extend nya. sigurado ma deny lang sya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    We just had our interview last september 4 on a 9 am appointment. I just went there with a long sleeve shirt and jeans(smart casual?). I have seen applicants come in with their best clothes and some with just barely making an effort. I do not think the way you dress will seal the deal para magkaron ng US visa. Kasabay ko si Katrina Enrile sa US embassy and she is only wearing a super simple shirt and leggings and sandals as footwear. she does not even have her make up on. It all boils down to what you have with you, supporting documents.

btw i was granted a 10 year multiple entry visa.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    * hotchilly, what do you exactly do to help yun mga applicants? kasi personally for me hinde na kailangan ng mga "consultancy" parang dagdag lang sa gastos yan eh, yun mga papers din naman sa applicant mangagaling diba?
    Yeah, probably you are right, it is maybe an added expense ... actually multi tasking me, i handle the website of go2canada plus other database related duties and am also a consultant.

Information about migration are handed and presented no need for you to search... yes true all documents would be coming from you it is because you are the best person to do it. We process Qualified Skilled Immigrant applicants. May levels ang skilled applicant on the basis of their degree, qualification and experience. if you were not given details of what you will prepare you still have to search tapos un pla un na prepare mo kulang pala diva or hindi pla needed pa. Tpos pwedeng ng-apply ka on your own basta ka lng rin nag lagay ng NOC code mo according sa alam mong qualification mo tpos di pala xa kasama sa list of qualified skilled occupations. Like my client, ng file xa on her own pero nung nsa last stage n xa for interview di na nya lam wat to do, only for us to find out wla pala xang formal education.Pero we presented her documents very well, in fact she was given a consideration by the consul. But if you can afford to search and review your own documents ok lng diva at least you can save it for you show money.

We provide other services like job description enhancement, we have people assigned to do the task in compliance with the National Occupational Classification of Canada where in consuls mostly base their assessment in reviewing the qualification of the applicants. Included in our services is the IELTS review for 4hours and another 5 hours for an interview rehearsal or mock interview. Dami po kami services, we also have an affiliated company that extends support for clients with settlement fund problems. Yun lng po talaga mejo mahal pero compared to others kami po mababa. Kasi un frend ko di nya alam n work me sa consultancy ng apply xa sa iba then 150k n gastos nya di p xa nakaalis. I helped her with her settlement problem. Pero po if sa amin xa ng avail ng services 50k is 50k no hidden charges. Your expenses lng naman d2 would be our pf , filing fee payable to Canadian embassy in managers and on the later part would be the right of permanent resident fee which is presented to the applicant after mabigyan ng medical request. I hope i have shared something. Sa New Zealand naman po ala pong requirement n settlement fund pero the passing point is 120 i guess unlike sa Canada naman 67points lng po.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ah, probably you are right, it is maybe an added expense ... actually multi tasking me, i handle the website of go2canada plus other database related duties and am also a consultant.

Information about migration are handed and presented no need for you to search... yes true all documents would be coming from you it is because you are the best person to do it. We process Qualified Skilled Immigrant applicants. May levels ang skilled applicant on the basis of their degree, qualification and experience. if you were not given details of what you will prepare you still have to search tapos un pla un na prepare mo kulang pala diva or hindi pla needed pa. Tpos pwedeng ng-apply ka on your own basta ka lng rin nag lagay ng NOC code mo according sa alam mong qualification mo tpos di pala xa kasama sa list of qualified skilled occupations. Like my client, ng file xa on her own pero nung nsa last stage n xa for interview di na nya lam wat to do, only for us to find out wla pala xang formal education.Pero we presented her documents very well, in fact she was given a consideration by the consul. But if you can afford to search and review your own documents ok lng diva at least you can save it for you show money.

We provide other services like job description enhancement, we have people assigned to do the task in compliance with the National Occupational Classification of Canada where in consuls mostly base their assessment in reviewing the qualification of the applicants. Included in our services is the IELTS review for 4hours and another 5 hours for an interview rehearsal or mock interview. Dami po kami services, we also have an affiliated company that extends support for clients with settlement fund problems. Yun lng po talaga mejo mahal pero compared to others kami po mababa. Kasi un frend ko di nya alam n work me sa consultancy ng apply xa sa iba then 150k n gastos nya di p xa nakaalis. I helped her with her settlement problem. Pero po if sa amin xa ng avail ng services 50k is 50k no hidden charges. Your expenses lng naman d2 would be our pf , filing fee payable to Canadian embassy in managers and on the later part would be the right of permanent resident fee which is presented to the applicant after mabigyan ng medical request. I hope i have shared something. Sa New Zealand naman po ala pong requirement n settlement fund pero the passing point is 120 i guess unlike sa Canada naman 67points lng po.
    ok yan trabaho mo ah

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Yesterday, I had my interview in the US Embassy for the renewal of my visa. I was just really surprised on how some people dress-up during the interview. Merong naka tsinelas lang and maong pants, yung iba naman naka spaghetti strap, tapos yung iba naman parang pupunta sa party. Meron ding a few good men and women na naka kurbata or naka business attire.

Ako, I wore a suit para presentable naman at palagay ko it really does matter. Pag harap mo pa lang dun sa consul at nakita na nya how you dress-up and carry yourself, wala na masyado tanung tanong. Two to three questions and thats it; you're granted a visa!

It's just a pity on how some people take for granted how they look during these interviews when in fact, I believe that it matters a lot and diba nga first impressions last?
    Hey, was there last sept 5 also! Which batch were you, 7:15 or 7:30?...hehehe. Just wore smart casual. Did not bring any bank statements or ITR. Was in front of the consul's window two minutes, asked one question about my job, then sent me to the courier booth. Received my visa last friday - 10 years M.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog View Post
    Kasabay ko si Katrina Enrile sa US embassy and she is only wearing a super simple shirt and leggings and sandals as footwear. she does not even have her make up on. It all boils down to what you have with you, supporting documents.
    short of being a terror threat, i can't see how in the world Katrina Enrile will be denied a US visa. para sigurong formality na lang ang pagpunta niya sa embassy. malamang kahit dumating siya doon na naka-pajama at hindi pa naliligo e mabibigyan pa din yan ng visa renewal. siguro pagtapat niya sa consul e siya pa ang babatiin ng consul, "oh hi katrina, great party last night, thanks for inviting us over."

when i was interviewed at the US embassy many many years ago, naaalala ko noon may nakasabay akong mga group of entertainers na naka-pila na naka-full costume. as in parang aakyat sila ng stage. kulang lang talaga e may dalang drum set. perhaps to prove a point na talagang pupunta sila ng US as entertainers kaya ganun ang get-up nila. nakakatuwa sila tingnan. and since mahaba ang pila, kumakanta kanta sila every once in while which helped entertain the crowd. ayos. nakakaawa lang na they were wearing their costumes in the heat. tagaktak pawis nila e.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    Hey, was there last sept 5 also! Which batch were you, 7:15 or 7:30?...hehehe. Just wore smart casual. Did not bring any bank statements or ITR. Was in front of the consul's window two minutes, asked one question about my job, then sent me to the courier booth. Received my visa last friday - 10 years M.
    Hello there corbon44, I was scheduled nung Sept. 5 at the 8:30am batch kaya lang na inverview na ako ng quarter to 11am or 11am na ata yun! (hehehehe) Was wearing a business suit for the interview... Got a 10 year renewal again for my visa! (yehey!)

Ang bilis din ng delivery ng passport! Friday ng hapon nasa house na namin! Very efficient ang courier!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    [SIZE=2]Hello everyone! im new here.I got interested coz im waiting nalang for my US visa interview schedule. I wish you can pls help me with some important tips. Like is it okay if i'll just wear a simple flat sandal or do i really need to wear a close shoes?What are the most common questions?

I dont have any idea pa kasi how the Us embassy look like inside. I havent been there yet. Totoo ba na you need to be there at least 3 hours before your interview?me line paba or may priority numbers na binibigay?pls pls help me...Thanks much!
    [/SIZE]

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Proper Attire During Embassy Interviews