New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yesterday, i got a job offer to be the asst manager of a Resto/Bar, its Red Door at Pasig. I was so excited to tell my parents about it coz di pa nga ko graduate but then the owners trusted me to handle the position. When i told my parents about it, i was so disappointed with their reaction, they dont want me to work there kc may mga nag-iinuman daw dun! Iba pa kc ang idea nila about Bars, kala ata nila parang beer house un, samantalang it's a very descent Bar, it's like Bagaberde, sossy n kinda pricey coz they get good bands n performers like Paolo Santos, Barbie's Cradle, Jay-r and others. I also told them that resto/bar is the current trend

I tried very hard to explain it to them but they are very narrow-minded, im pissed off, di ko tuloy sila pinapansin

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't give up. Give your parents a copy of Red Door's company profile kung kinakailangan para ma convince sila na descent place naman yon.

E di pag nalaman pala nila na may inuman sa EB di ka rin papayagan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im not a parent but like teal said you can't blame them for being like that....the best that you can do is bring them to the place. this is to show them that red door is not merely a beerhouse..but a decent bar/resto.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i might not be able to attend the EB becoz of this work nga eh, it's a saturday, busy day un sa bar!

ang kulit kc nila, no matter how hard i try to explain they wont change their mind, they are very opinionated this time!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes to that benchph1, to prove to them that the Red Door is NOT a Red House! Bakit naman kasi Red Door ang name ng place, e kung ako rin parents ni Gretzy, magdadalawang isip ako, pero I'll trust pa rin my daughter's judgement.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parents are really like that. kung ano alam nilang makakabuti sa iyo, yun ang dapat. afterall, nasa area of responsibility ka pa nila. sa kanila ka pa nakatira, sa kanila ka pa umaasa. so they expect you to play by their rules...

what you can do is to let them know that the place is ok. better if you can take them to that place before you start work so they know what kind of work environment you are expecting to work with. tapos, assure them na everything will be ok, ok na yun. yun lang ang kailangan nila... assurance mo na everything will be fine.

communication is the key there. tell them also that this could be an opportunity and a chance for you to earn money by yourself, responsibly that you can use for your school needs. at least, matutulungan mo sila sa mga school expenses mo or at least, sa mga siblings mo.

good luck.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gretzy
    i might not be able to attend the EB becoz of this work nga eh, it's a saturday, busy day un sa bar!

ang kulit kc nila, no matter how hard i try to explain they wont change their mind, they are very opinionated this time!
    ...so, nag start ka na pala! I salute you gretz! follow your heart and be happy.... pero ingat din ha.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    not yet, they will orient me with the job on saturday.

kc ive made a decision, n paninidigan ko na talaga un. i know it's for my own growth

ang ganda nga di ba management position kagad kahit student pa lang ako. im really after the experience.

ang pangit lang dun sa place eh malapit sa street of motels sa pasig baka makita pa un ng parents ko! yikes!!!

but when we went there for a gimik i noticed that the crowd r mostly yuppies, the place is big n maganda interiors plus the music is good, kaya nga lang pricey

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    E di OK pala dyan mag EB. Teka, lapit lang yan sa Pioneer Center di ba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    malapit, pero mejo kulang ang parking space eh. dami ko ngang isasuggest sa owner eh

guys if pupunta/pumunta kau sa mga motels sa pasig, daan na din kaung red door para magparty.hehehe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Parents here, help me!