New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by gretzy
    i might not be able to attend the EB becoz of this work nga eh, it's a saturday, busy day un sa bar!

ang kulit kc nila, no matter how hard i try to explain they wont change their mind, they are very opinionated this time!
    nakakasira talaga ng pagkakaibigan ang pag-aaral at trabaho.... tsk tsk...

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    yeah, this means no more gimmicks for me, well just a lil sacrifice on my part coz im really not a gimmick girl naman, problema ko lang im not much of a night person, im more effective in the morning

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    eh kasi naman ate..gusto ni parents na ituloy mo pa ang studies mo sa France..di ba?!

pero mejo makulit nga ngayon parents mo ha..OJT, experience at pera din yan..pero tingin ko kung bakit di ka pinayagan..baka kasi ma-bingo ka na nyan..remember ung mga sunod-sunod na incidents na nangyari sayo lately diba..concern lang po sina mudra and fafa..hth!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by gretzy
    i really believe na kaya kong pagsabayin acads n work, im proud to say that i am good in managing my time. though, i have thesis n feasibility studies next sem, sa tingin ko e magaan naman load ko coz 4 remaining subjects na lang,

dami ko na din racket during college, ive been a tutor, a theater arts instructor, events organizer at kung anu-ano pa!

fyi po, im an HRIM student graduating this october
    As a parent and base on my experience when I was in college, I have to agree with your parents.

Ganyan din ako dati. Nag-trabaho din ako while studying with the objective of helping my parents out sa gastos ko sa aking paga-aral. Ayun, I ended up flunking my studies and got kicked out of school. Not that I'm saying that you'll end up doing what I did but to be on the safe side, mag-aral muna. It's not a question of trust. Believe me when I say na sobra-sobra ang tiwala nila sa yo pero you have to understand na while they can expect and trust you to do the right thing, they have no control on other people you meet with, work with, hang out with, or even say hi with. What worries them more is their good daughter going on a job that will let her meet a lot of 'OTHER' people and be open to a lot of influences BOTH GOOD and BAD. This is a hard reality that I overlooked during my college days. I thought I was ready to exercise my freedom.... flex my wings a little bit.... but with freedom comes responsibility. Ako kasi yung taong hindi marunong humindi pag nagkayayaan or even kapag na-dare lang. Again, I'm not saying na you'll make the same mistakes I did but IMO, mas maganda yata kung dun ka muna sa trabahong hindi kasing demanding not only of your time but of your effort both physically and mentally. Tipong pang part time lang talaga.

Pero kung talagang KAILANGAN mo, the next time you see your parents tell them that you love them too and don't forget to say thanks and you appreciate them for worrying about you.

Patience..... you're time will come.
    Last edited by Erap; April 30th, 2004 at 03:47 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Ask them why they don't want to allow you to work there.

Take their comments point by point before planning what to say to them or show them. So that all their concerns are addressed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Erap
    As a parent and base on my experience when I was in college, I have to agree with your parents.

Ganyan din ako dati. Nag-trabaho din ako while studying with the objective of helping my parents out sa gastos ko sa aking paga-aral. Ayun, I ended up flunking my studies and got kicked out of school. Not that I'm saying that you'll end up doing what I did but to be on the safe side, mag-aral muna. It's not a question of trust. Believe me when I say na sobra-sobra ang tiwala nila sa yo pero you have to understand na while they can expect and trust you to do the right thing, they have no control on other people you meet with, work with, hang out with, or even say hi with. What worries them more is their good daughter going on a job that will let her meet a lot of 'OTHER' people and be open to a lot of influences BOTH GOOD and BAD. This is a hard reality that I overlooked during my college days. I thought I was ready to exercise my freedom.... flex my wings a little bit.... but with freedom comes responsibility. Ako kasi yung taong hindi marunong humindi pag nagkayayaan or even kapag na-dare lang. Again, I'm not saying na you'll make the same mistakes I did but IMO, mas maganda yata kung dun ka muna sa trabahong hindi kasing demanding not only of your time but of your effort both physically and mentally. Tipong pang part time lang talaga.
    i'm sorry, but i have to disagree.

the purpose of going to college is not to get the best grades possible, but to prepare yourself the best for your future career. of course, good grades are a big part of that, but experiences, making contacts, and getting a good school's "brand name" on your resume so you can get the interviews you want are just as important as grades, if not more so.

gretzy's part-time job is direct management experience in her field of study. you can't get a much better opportunity than that. a company will take a cum laude student who's a proven leader and hard worker who can juggle multiple responsibilities any day over a book-smart summa cum laude.

as for influences, i went to UP Diliman too and believe me, she doesn't need to go work at a bar to find trouble or bad influences around her. (gretzy - either your parents trust you or they don't - if they trust you to live alone and away from home on campus, why won't they trust you to handle yourself at work?)

i do agree 100% about your comments that there has to be a balance - the part-time job doesn't do you any good if you flunk out of school or get terrible grades.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    thank u guys for the comments n suggestions

i can say that my parents are liberal minded because they allow to stay in manila alone when i was 16 to study in UP, which is branded as a "dangerous place".

but they are quite conservative coz they wont allow me to drive in manila becoz they dont trust the drivers here, while in the province i can drive even if i go out of town with friends.

their reasons for going against my idea of working are (1) they worry how i will go home from work at 2-3am to think that i dont have a car, (2) drunk customers might harm me (3) baka daw ligawan ako ng mga addict na customers?!?! (4) baka mapabayaan ang studies

finally, i was able to convince them today over lunch, but i cant work their for more than 3 months, meaning before school becomes very demanding, i have to start working n do good on my thesis n feasib.

so i talked to the owners, they are actually planning to replace their operations manager becoz she is not performing according to their standards, and they want me to be there to assist her. we had a compromise that i will work for them until they find a more competent manager, actually they want an ALL-UP grad management team.

so case settled!

just visit Red Door at Pasig, ill see u there! I might start on monday. but this means that i wont be there at the GEB, sorry!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ate..saan ba ung red door dun sa pasig?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your parents opinions are VERY VALID....for some reasons, I feel that they are right.

Opinion ko, follow them...sinagot mo na ang number 4 questions nila....

I know you're a big girl who could make decisions na (I'm sure hindi ka rin nagpa-alam nung pumasok ka ng soro ) but I feel their opinions are really very valid.

just my 2 cents.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    wildthing, nagpaalam ako when i joined the sorority, kala daw ni ma joke lang un, tapos sinabi ko lang uli nung member na ko.hehehehe pinagalitan ako pero may mga sisses kami na di pa alam sa haus nila na member

actually ginawan ko na ng paraan, ive talked to the owners on monday, di na ko Asst Manager, kc nga ayaw ng parents ko, im still working for them, I will help them in Marketing the place and i will help them na lang daw solve the small problems in their operations

so parang Marketing Officer n Consultant na lang ako kc during office hours na ko nito ay 10am-7pm, tuwang-tuwa parents ko!hehehe

but during saturdays, i have to stay there to make a study about the crowd, til late nyt pero ok lang kc gimik day naman un.hehehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Parents here, help me!