New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Parents will always be parents. Iniisip nila siyempre pano ka uuwi from Pasig to your Dorm. Panigurado uwi mo niyan eh mga 2-3 ng madaling araw. Paano studies mo...baka mapabayaan mo. Sometimes its really hard to argue with parents kasi once they say "no" tapos na ang usapan. Before I wanted to work as service crew sa Jollibee nung college. Pasado na ako sa interview as in ready to start na. Unfortunately di pa ako nagpapaalam nun. And nung sinabi ko na magwork na ko sa jollibee ayun fatay na ang aking fast food career. Sabi ba naman ng tatay ko sa akin, bakit nagugutom ka na ba at kailangan mo na magtrabaho. Sama ng loob ko nun pero sempre lumipas din.

Di naman ako nagsisi kasi nakapag focus ako sa studies ko, focus sa gimmick ng barakada, etc. Nung pagka graduate I got a good job.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    IMHO, I think they would just want you to get your education done first and foremost. It's not the place nor the position (pinapalabas lang nila na ganun). They don't want you to be put in the position na you would have to decide between the job and studies (and choose the job). That is an asst manager position, the responsibility will be demanding at times (trust me). Kapag nalagay ka sa ganun situwayson, ano ang choice mo? You have to answer this question first before you go back and negotiate with your parents.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Oh, and another thing. When you're in, you're in. Commitment ang kailangan sa trabaho na malaki ang responsibility. How do you plan to get out when it comes down to the choice I metioned above... it's not as easy as "I quit." Give or take an additional 1-3 months before you are really out (unless you have someone to take care of it for you... hint.. hint).

This is something you should think about and prepare for. Ok? Again, kailangan pag-usapan ito kapa bumalik ka sa negotiation with your parents.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good point RafRaf, baka kasi kapag nagustuhan mo na ang job mo, mapabayaan mo ang education mo. baka pumasok sa utak mo na why study when i already have a decent job? yan din malamang ang iniisip ng parents mo.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd say if you think you know what is right and tingin mo naman kaya mo, why not. i'd say it wasn't rebellion, just proving to them that you can be trusted with serious decisions. part of growing up! =>

good luck!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Bat di mo sila papuntahin one time para makita nila yung place? Baka nga they have the alternative (old) perception about the word "bar" and the associated meanings.

Kung di pa ako nag Maynila nung kolehiyo ang intindi ko sa "bar" ay inuman ng mga basag-ulo. Mapatingin ka lang ng konti suntukan na. :D Probinsiyano kasi ako. Hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    yup tama si wildthing, one time isama mo parents mo dun sa bar para makita din nila dba...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sounds like you have very conservative parents.

in your shoes, i would emphasize to them what this will do for your future career, especially if you're in HRA or Tourism.....tell them it's not often that a college student gets a chance to have this meaningful of a work experience before they even graduate.

trust me on this - i've done college recruiting for years and there are tons of students out there with great grades and school activities. not too many with good grades plus experience managing people and dealing with customers

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i really believe na kaya kong pagsabayin acads n work, im proud to say that i am good in managing my time. though, i have thesis n feasibility studies next sem, sa tingin ko e magaan naman load ko coz 4 remaining subjects na lang,

dami ko na din racket during college, ive been a tutor, a theater arts instructor, events organizer at kung anu-ano pa!

fyi po, im an HRIM student graduating this october

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    about my parents, they are in the province. well educated, not so conservative, that's why i wasnt prepared with their reaction, they are usually considerate as long as there is no guy involved.hehe

i i know that they are just being protective this time.

problema ko lang, i sumtyms get addicted to work

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Parents here, help me!