New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sino dito kaya mag-throw ng knife na pa somersault tapos tusok sa target?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Diba meron ba ngayon mga ballpen type na pang self defense?

Naipit na thumb ko before sa Swiss knife nun nagsara. Hiwa pati nails ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    meron ako dati niyan around 3 inches yung blade

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    speaking of knives. this law is still in effect. dami pa din nafaylan ng kapolisan natin---

BATAS PAMBANSA Blg. 6 November 21, 1978

AN ACT REDUCING THE PENALTY FOR ILLEGAL POSSESSION OF BLADED, POINTED OR BLUNT WEAPONS, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NUMBERED NINE.

Section 1. Paragraph three of Presidential Decree Numbered Nine is hereby amended to read as follows:
    "3. It is unlawful to carry outside of one's residence any bladed, pointed or blunt weapon such as "knife", "spear", "pana", "dagger", "bolo", "barong", "kris", or "chako", except where such articles are being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood or in pursuit of a lawful activity. Any person found guilty thereof shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment of not less than one month nor more than one year or a fine of not less than Two Hundred Pesos nor more than Two Thousand Pesos, or both such imprisonment and fine as the Court may direct."
    Section 2. Article twenty-two of the Revised Penal Code shall apply to persons previously convicted under paragraph three of Presidential Decree Numbered Nine.
    Section 3. Any law or ordinance which is inconsistent herewith is hereby repealed.|avvphil.nê+
    Section 4. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.
    Approved: November 21, 1978
    pag nasa loob lang ba ng sasakyan hindi ka huhulihin?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    meron ako dati niyan around 3 inches yung blade

pag nasa loob lang ba ng sasakyan hindi ka huhulihin?
    kahit na FA pa yun, pag nasa loob na sasakyan at di naman dine-display, no harm no foul. hanggang visual search lang naman tayo dyan.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I'd rather pick this one than the toothpick, a ceramic flip knife uploadfromtaptalk1449546402880.jpg--

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    kahit na FA pa yun, pag nasa loob na sasakyan at di naman dine-display, no harm no foul. hanggang visual search lang naman tayo dyan.
    thanks sir

6. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Hey Guys what do you think about obsidian knives? sabi nila ginagamit daw yun nang mga surgeon?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Some, cause its crazy sharp.

But thats it, its not really suitable for use as a "normal" knife. Like ceramic knives it'll chip.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    Ceramic knives from China. Waiting for them to arrive. Not sure if they are any good. Bought them out of curiosity. Sale kasi. US$25 lang for that set and free shipping.

Attachment 30624
    Was supposed to get one from Kyocera (a Japanese brand) but I was told it's going to break if you drop it. It's hard and sharp but brittle.

Was loitering around the parking lot of UPD Shopping center one time after a mass, a fellow offered me knives, apparently from Batangas. He asked for a coin and pierced it with his cleaver (Anyone who cooks would know how frustrating it is to use dull knives) amazed, I asked how much for both the cleaver and the chef's knife ( both more or less 12"). He said 800. I said I'm dirt poor (unfortunately, my daughter called me, while inside the car). LOL. We ended up at 400, no idea if it's fair but I'm very happy with it. Skyfire ang embossed logo. Doesn't rust and no damage yet. Cleaver is terribly heavy but very sharp so wife is a bit scared to use it. She prefers the chef's knife (also very sharp but lighter). She even uses it to open cans.

Heard about the smith in caloocan but I haven't encountered them yet. Tabako Albay is known for knives but I've yet to get one (siguro one road trip in the future when I visit my grandma).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Tsk tsk no one. Dapat mag-ensayo din kayo ng knife throwing

Coz most martial arts train thru hand to hand defense with the knife. Pano Kung martial artist nakatapat nyo, dapat meron ka window just to throw the knife like a star

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Probably worst thing you could do

You are assuming a lot, 1). di niya maiiwasan., 2). You will hit something that will incapacitate him.

On your scenario, the chances of either not happening is higher, you basically gave away your advantage

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast