New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    Kaya nga dapat DECISIVE ang government... Expect the worst, i-evacuate na lahat kahit ayaw nila. Now what we need here is some kind of martial law to discipline them and force them to evacuate... That's the best thing to do to prevent more casualties, prevent media focusing on small numbers of pinoy na matigas ang ulo tapos magrereklamo na nde sila natulungan ng gobyerno...
    Mahirap gawin ito, 'dre ...

No government can impose its will on its ciizens on foreign land - that would be an act of agression on its part. it simply doesn't have the authority to do so. That's why people seek refuge/asylum in other countries.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Just my own opinion:
    The Government keeps harping that the OFWs are The Modern day Heroes...
    Looks like its all lip-service as usual.
    Meron pa bang OWWA? Or whatever that supposedly takes care of the OFWs?
    Doesnt the Government have contingency plans for these types?
    Doesnt the Government plan for the worst case scenarios?
    Arent there more than enough agencies that have jurisdiction on these issues?
    Somebody above said that having high standard will just lead to disappointment and if you are tired of the System, get out of the System.
    Whats wrong with having and expecting high standard from anything? And from this Government?! Well, im paying my hard-earned money here, my sweat, blood and tears! Heck, I expect that my tax payments are so well wisely spent. Are we contented with Puwede na yan?
    and the System should work for us, not against us, right?!
    The System should be more effective, more efficient with the least burden to the people.

And you cant help it, if the President farts, its still politics.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Inutil talaga bweset!!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Don't mean to hijack this thread but...i would like to share this story of one stupid embassy staff in Dubai. I used to work as Police ambulance Nurse in Dubai. kwento to ng co-worker ko to. Isang gabi, a may nakita silang medyo duguan na babae na nagtatakbo so sinakay nila sa ambulance , found out, it's a filipina. So after giving a first aid, they brought her to the Phillippine embassy, so sinabi nya na binugbog daw sya ng amo nya at hindi na sya babalik. Sagot ba naman ng embassy staff " Put'sa bat dito nyo dinala yan eh problema yan ah ".Siguro this embassy staff masyadong nasarapan sa trabaho nya at nakalimutan nya yong totong responsibilidad nya. PITY.
    Back to the thread, all the time it thought we only have a couple of hundreds or maybe a thousand OFWS in Lebanon and not a shocking number of 30,000, diba third world country din yon, ? just a thought.
    Sana yong pagbibigay ng importansya ng OWWA sa OFWs, eh kahit kalahati man lang ng binibigay na concerned ng mga Israeli sa Citizen nila. ( 2 sundalo lang ang kinidnap eh , buburahin na yong lebanon .)
    Last edited by imprezawrxsti; July 20th, 2006 at 11:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was thinking the same thing as imprezawrxsti when i read the article....35,000 pinoys in Lebanon??! anong ginagawa nila dun? i'm not the most informed person about pinoy OFW's so i guess that was a surprise for me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Talagang INUTILE.... lahat na ng ibang nationalities evacuated na, pinoy???? baka hinihintay si DARNA, SUPER INGGO,CAPTAIN BARBEL, LASTIK MAN...sino pa ba?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    OT: IMHO, I don't think I find anyone being unsympathetic to the OFW plight in Lebanon in this thread.

I must point out that sir M2's post does not seem unsympathetic but merely a retelling of facts that may have been missed, therefore it is not right that his character be attacked.

Sirs happy & mik2, cool lang tayo mga dre.

Back to the topic... tama yung thread starter na dapat may plan. Parang mga building admin, dapat may fire drill diba? I also agree that we should have high standards for our government. I think na tama lang magreklamo para maayos ang sistema.

On the other hand, let us not be unappreciative of efforts undertaken. Nagulat nga ako na may 200 na na-evacuate na. There's hope for the RP yet.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the reason why maraming OFWs dyan sa Lebanon is that the country have just finished rebuilding itself after more than a decade of civil war, kaya maraming kelangan na construction workers, engineers, etc.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mahirap talaga ang repatriation pag ganyan kadami with less logistic support from the govt. Been in the same position during the 1st gulf war, was in the Persian Gulf but decided to repatriate my ownself before the first salvo... mental torture>> can't take it!
    Let's just pray hard for the safety of our brothers/sisters in Lebanon and hope that this will not escalate further... mahirap na baka pati yung nasa Israel na pinoys ay maapektuhan din.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    And even money should not be the problem. If GMA is a good American Ally, e di ba dapat ginamit nya ang kanyang diplomatic powers para humingi ng tulong? Na humiram ng US vessels to save Pinoys???
    Kahit US mabagal "daw" ang evacuation. Kauuwi lang ng mga US evacuees last night.

sana eh safe makauwi ang mga kababayan. gusto ko man silang sisihin kung nagpunta sila sa Lebanon who is at war with Israel since 1973. Hindi ko din kse sila masisi kung bakit binaha nila ang Lebanon despite that fact that Hizballa has not been disarmed. Mabuti na daw mamatay ng lumalaban kaysa dilat ang mga mata nila sa Pinas.

have a safe trip home and quit blaming each F'n other.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Inutile!!