New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and oh, to stay with the topic, i've heard earlier some of those OFW rants who are trapped in lebanon that most of their lebanese masters have quite abandoned them wherein their masters went to the mountains or on a safer place, leaving the filipinos to just guard or stay in the house to watch their master's properties.

i personally feel that this is a more pressing issue because this entails the rights of our workers there. i presonally feel that this is in violation of their human and worker's rights dapat eto ang pinagtutunan ng pansin ng gobyerno, not just in lebanon but also in other countries where ang pagtingin sa mga filipino workers ay mababa.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    yes, we do have the money... but disbursement of funds require a process. its the same as your departmental budget wherein you have the money, but you can't use it right away but has to go through a process before being disbursed.

on your borrowing of US vessels to save pinoys, i really don't think the united states can do that immediately too. ang alam ko, usage of their equipments outside of their original purpose should be first approved by the US congress. ika nga, may proseso pa din.

although again, i agree with you that GMA had demonstrated indecisiveness, her being slow this time, dictates that some of the reasons why she acted slowly (which i think is not, but is still reasonable) is because of the processes involved in acting immediately.

again, your reply is a little bit out of topic. halata na yung galit mo kay GMA bro.... easy ka lang.... file ka na lang ng impeachment complaint as a private citizen...
    wow pre your trying to analyze my answers point by point... As if trying to rebutt and prolong the conversation.

There is one thing I subscribe to... I believe in the OFW's story and my reaction is based on my perception that mazda mazda answer is more on his apathy towards the plight of OFWs.. I guess a more acceptable answer for me is that of sympathy to the OFWs. Read mazda mazda's answer again and check the sympathy scale where he is....

Ngaun kanya-kanya lang yan kung may bad view ka sa government... Heck I dont even read the news para di magpa-apekto. I just do my thing and mapalad naman na nakakaraos sa araw araw without experiencing misery...

What the article wants is sympathy from us and a look on what they are feeling now... Indifference to them ang nakapag bad trip sakin in the first place. :arghhh:

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    IMO, the evacuation planning thingie should start from the OFW themselves. May giyera na nga ayaw pang gumawa ng paraan.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    IMO dapat gus2 rin ng mga OFWs umalis, at least transpo nalang kelangan. hirap naman ata kung kumpleto na transportation tapos kelangan pang pilitin. timbangin nila dapat ano mas mahalaga, pera o buhay nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316
    First, are you an OFW? The one telling the story is an OFW. Kaya don't compare your situation with their misery.
    Does that matter? I am entitled to my opinion about these matters since I contribute to the P100B personal income tax revenue collected by the government yearly.

Second, E kahit na may initial allotment of money e... ang tanong... may progress na ba yan? Ni wala nga akong nababasa na may barko na nasa Lebanon na e... Sabi nga ng author... SLOW ang reaction... baka SUPER SLOW pa nga e.
    Even Canada who has 40,000 citizens there and has more resources at its disposal than us still doesn't have a chartered ship in Lebanese waters.

Around 200 Pinoys have already been evacuated c/o a chartered airplane FYI. That costed us $300K.

Third, kahit na 1 thousand lang ang gusto umalis, evacuation plans should expect the worst... which means they should have plans to evacuate the 30k pinoys there...
    Heck... if I remember during the Gulf war... Filipinos were even standing at building rooftops watching Scuds being intercepted by Patriot missiles.

Not all of the 30K Filipino there would want to leave Lebanon. Even the 1K OFWs mentioned earlier doesn't not want IMMEDIATE repatriation.

What the OFW said is true abouth the Government - SLOW & INDECISIVE. Check Gloria's reputation as a leader... Nagrereflect sa sistema ng gobyerno natin ngaun ang pagiging indecisive ng presidente.
    So what do you call this:

President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo earlier ordered the release of 150 million pesos for the evacuation of the Filipinos from Lebanon.

The 11-member Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) board of trustees approved the release of two million dollars of OWWA monies as a standby fund for the initial repatriation of 2,000 OFWs in Lebanon.

And even money should not be the problem. If GMA is a good American Ally, e di ba dapat ginamit nya ang kanyang diplomatic powers para humingi ng tulong? Na humiram ng US vessels to save Pinoys???
    Ummm... here's the front page of the Philippine Star:

[size=4]RP seeks US, Vatican help[/size]

And yes, the US agreed to help Filipino evacuees.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    read the news in CNN.com, even the americans trapped in lebanon are complaining about the very slow evacuation plans of the US government.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    well if their evacuation plans does not push through as soon as possible.... God help our OFW's in Lebanon.....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mga pre pag-bigyan nyo na yan si mikmik nasa post din naman nya yung reason kaya ganyan ang opinion nya eh.

Ngaun kanya-kanya lang yan kung may bad view ka sa government... Heck I dont even read the news para di magpa-apekto. I just do my thing and mapalad naman na nakakaraos sa araw araw without experiencing misery...
    // edit
    just to be on topic. i believe the government should have acted sooner in asking for help.

and to answer mikmik's post din with another article...

OFWs sa Lebanon: ‘Di kami uuwi!’

Ang Pilipino STAR Ngayon 07/20/2006

"Mamatay na kami sa giyera, ‘wag lang sa gutom."

Ito ang umano’y pahayag ng karamihan sa 30,000 manggagawang Pinoy na naiipit ngayon sa gulo ng Israel at Lebanon sa kabila ng utos ni Pangulong Arroyo na ilikas na ang mga ito.

Sa report ng embahada ng Pilipinas sa Beirut, may 1,000 Pinoy workers na ang lumagda na hindi nila lilisanin ang naturang magulong bansa at nagpahayag sila na ipagpapatuloy ang kanilang trabaho doon.

Ayon kay Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Esteban Conejos, sa 30,000 OFWs sa Lebanon, tanging 900 lang ang nagpalista at naghayag ng kanilang pagnanais na makauwi sa Pilipinas dahil sa gulo sa naturang lugar.

Pero sinabi ni Conejos na sa 900 nagpalista, hindi lahat dito ay siguradong babalik sa bansa dahil ang iba rito, kahit nagpatala ay nakikiramdam pa sa sitwasyon sa Lebanon.

Sa Sabado ay inaasahan ang pagdating sa Maynila ng first batch ng 200 Pinoy na boluntaryong naghayag na nais nilang makauwi na sa Pilipinas. Nakaalis na sa Lebanon ang 200 kung saan mananatili sila sa Damascus, Syria ngayong magdamag at bukas ay bibiyahe patungong Dubai pabalik ng Maynila.

Inamin ni DFA spokesman Gilbert Asuque na kulang ang pondo ng kagawaran upang iproseso lahat ang repatriation sa may 30,000 Pinoy. Lumalabas na boluntaryo ang isasagawang pagpapauwi sa mga manggagawa.

Bukod sa pondo ay wala ring barko na maaaring masakyan ng mga ito.

Gayunman, umaasa ito na magagawan ng paraan ni special envoy to Middle East Roy Cimatu na nasa Gitnang Silangan na upang personal na mag-asikaso sa evacuation ng mga ito, "by road" sa Syria o kaya’y "by sea" sa Cyprus.

Kaugnay nito, nasagip na ang may 24 Pinay domestic helpers na na-stranded sa isang condominium sa Beirut matapos iwan ng kanilang mga amo tangay ang kanilang mga pasaporte.

Kahapon ay sinundo ni Fr. Augustine ‘Jesty’ Advincula, kura paroko ng Basilica of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, ang 24 Pinay. Dalawang sasakyan ng simbahan ang ginamit na pangsundo sa mga ito na ngayon ay nasa ligtas ng kalagayan sa loob ng simbahan kasama ng iba pang OFW.

Samantala, sinuspinde na ng POEA ang pagpapadala ng Pinoy workers sa Lebanon. Ang suspension ay "indefinite" ayon kay administrator Rosalinda Baldoz.

Nagbukas naman ang OWWA ng hotlines na puwedeng tawagan ng mga OFWs ng kanilang pamilya dito sa Pilipinas, 233-6992/551-1560 o magtext sa OWWA, 0918986992. (Lilia Tolentino At Ellen Fernando)
    Last edited by roninblade; July 20th, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow pre your trying to analyze my answers point by point... As if trying to rebutt and prolong the conversation.

There is one thing I subscribe to... I believe in the OFW's story and my reaction is based on my perception that mazda mazda answer is more on his apathy towards the plight of OFWs.. I guess a more acceptable answer for me is that of sympathy to the OFWs. Read mazda mazda's answer again and check the sympathy scale where he is....

What the article wants is sympathy from us and a look on what they are feeling now... Indifference to them ang nakapag bad trip sakin in the first place. :arghhh:
    if i did analyze your answers point by point, then so be it. my point is that you are highly critical of the government as if you are a member of the opposition. (baka si Chiz Escudero ka pre?) i personally feel that this thread is not a channel for GMA bashing. as i've mentioned earlier, try to open a thread specifically made for bashing GMA, i might join you there for i am not a GMA fan myself.

and yes, before you criticize someone, look into a mirror to see if you are worthy giving out those criticisms as well.

i rest my case.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should've heard the interview of the Philippine Consul sa Lebanon grabe talaga, he sounded like you're talking to a PUV driver, nabwibwiset nanga yung anchor sa ANC (forgot the old guy's name) kasi puros "kwan, andun andun", paulit ulit na tinatanong nung anchor kung san yun "dun", tapos sasabihin lang "di panamin sigurado kung saan actually..."

Inutil talaga... Stupid people that the government employs.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Inutile!!