New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Our driver told my Mom today that they only have until end of March in their house. I think it's because there was a change in leadership in their area (mayor or councilor?) so the housing project was discontinued. He still owes us money from 2017 but he was able to pay off half of it already (not sure if it went to that house) He asked my Mom if they could move in with us until the house they are building is finished (estimate is 6 mos). My Mom said it's my decision

My Mom already mentioned the situation with our driver several weeks ago, she was hesitant but I was the one who convinced her that it's just temporary. They are 6 (Driver, wife, 3 teenage children and 1 grade school). My consideration:

1. Utilities - I think we need to submeter? Mas marami pa sila samin
    2. Fat lab - my main consideration is my fat lab, I am scared that the kids might drop something that my fat lab can eat (our home is practically "child proof")
    3. Privacy - I will not be able to wash my car anymore because I will have no privacy I also hate noise and they have teenagers
    4. Wifi - will it slowdown if they are all connected?

Did I miss anything? I told my BFF about it and she was contra (just like when a different family asked to move in with us years ago) My Mom's concern is visitors from the teenage kids (barkada, bf or gf etc).

BTW our driver is not even full time, he resigned more than 5 yrs ago to be self (or family) employed. When my family is home from the US, we inform him ahead so he will have no commitments and can work with us again for x number of months.

I've always wanted extra company (I grew up na maraming tao sa bahay) I was disappointed when our all around changed his mind about moving in because our area makes him sad daw LOL. But my BFF and Titas said 6 is a bit too much to handle

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    cathey bago ang lahat.... sa balita kasi puro pastillas last week. Naalala ko tuloy si pastillas girl.

Kung may bodega kayo sa labas ng bahay eh ok lang. Pero sa mismo bahay nyo eh if may tiwala ka na sa kanya at sabi mo sanay ka sa madamig tao eh go mo na. May ka-chukaran ka about mommy divine, sarah g and mateo g as in gigil biglang nanapak.

(ako ayoko ng madaming tao. Gusto ko silence like holy week silence.)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wouldn't.
    "no security."

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I agree with dr d, i wouldn't also, no security and what if 6 months has past and they're still there, mahihiya ka nang paalisin sila.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No for me. The only exception for me is 1st degree relatives. That 6-mos can easily become 8 to 12 mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not in a million years. No ifs and no buts.

Maghanap sila ng uupahan then just help them out sa rent. 50-50 kayo.

Mas mahirap magpalayas ng tao kesa tumanggi from the get go.

Hinde ba nagaaral mga anak niya? Malapit lang ba sila nakatira sa inyo?

Diyos ko naman naisip mo pa wifi? Mag load sila ng sarili nila noh.

Saka bakit sa inyo siya makikitira bakit hinde doon sa ibang pinapasukan niya.

Last edited by shadow; February 25th, 2020 at 07:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Parang "Parasite" movie

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    No for me. Home mo yan eh, diyan ka nagrerelax and nagrerecharge. Baka magsaway at mastress ka lang. Napakapriceless ng peace Cathy. Imbes na nakatulong ka baka pag awayan niyo pa.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nope! Kahit full time pa driver mo, I won't do this.

+1 on shadow's suggestion if you want to help him out. subsidize his stay elsewhere for a few months but that's it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    There are times that they have to fight their own battles. Dole out a bit when they will be looking for a temporary place to stay and move on. Pag ayaw na mag work sa inyo, let him go.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast