New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    classic na nga ang first trilogy,walang pang computer graphics aided dati so imagine lahat ng mga ships/planes/death star ay ginawa in scale model.
    shot at location pa.

pero the same answer na rin kanya-kanyang trip yan parekoi,
    why some other tsikot guys prefer gas guzzling american V8.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    some of the freaks here in the us are truly weird, hehe.

i remember when ep 1 came out, the geeks were camped out the night before it opened, so they could buy tickets...IN FULL STAR WARS COSTUME. to amuse themselves while waiting, they were also reenacting scenes from the original trilogy on the sidewalk :bwahaha:

i saw it on the late news and i was laughing my ass off...

oh, and there was also a mild scuffle in front of one theater...apparently may nanggulong mga Star Trek freaks :bwahaha:
    hahahaha! nagpost pa nga si theveed ng skit from conan o'brien mocking those star wars junkies eh! bwahahaha!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ako d ako fan pero nanunuod ako...dko lam bakit...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also like it....whatever incongruities it has...

maybe its part of my growing up....like superman 1-IV... Voltes V, transformers, Rocky series and the likes.....

Most of the Teenagers of today doesnt dig Star Wars....like most of us who doesnt like their preferred movie/tv series of today...

I wonder what will be my daughters movie/tv culture in the coming years.... last holyweek I've introduced her to superman the movie and she told me how come he become a superhero, he's costume sucks and bland, he doesnt have too much power and hes weak....her powerpuff girls are much much better......hehehehe

my little angels never stops to amuse me.....they like to watch DVD's with me all the time and always have a comment whenever I introduce them to my old kiddie flick....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang gusto ko lang sa star wars ay yong mga sound effects of the movie.

pero the same answer na rin kanya-kanyang trip yan parekoi,
    why some other tsikot guys prefer gas guzzling american V8.
    or why some expats like exotic beauties :lol:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    ...and Natalie Portman's ass. :D
    hahaha! yeah i want to see it too.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i guess the star wars epsiode 4 came out at a time when sci fi flicks were a joke. un lang kasi ang medyo matinong sci fi film na lumabas during the time when the Gen-Xers were still kids. Ung special effects niya at the time were superb, considering the kind of resources they had back then(la pang CGI nun B).

isa pa, i think it's kind of like why fellow Gen-Xers went to see the Voltes V movie even without their kids' prodding -- and to think the animation really sucks by today's standards.

medyo disappointing talaga ung episodes 1 and 2 -- some say ung acting, some say the effects aren't that cool. pero tingin ko kasi, halos alam mo na rin ung istorya even before you set foot on the movie house. i mean, alam mong magiging darth vader si Annakin, si Yoda magiging rambling hermit, etc.

tsaka parang bumaligtad kasi ng roles e. a lot of movies took a lot of material from episodes 4, 5, and 6 -- minsan me maririnig kang lines or makikitang scenes that are an obvious rip-off from the first 3. sa episodes 1 and 2 feeling ko they took material from other movies naman -- e.g. ung pagland ng storm troopers to rescue the jedis kinda reminded me of combat movies involving a chopper

...and natalie portman didn't show that much skin on episode 2. compare mo naman yan sa episode 6, were leia was in a metal bikini -- in chains :D

sad to say, si Harrison Ford lang ung sumikat sa Star Wars trilogy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang gusto ko sa star wars is the Dolby Digital-EX Sound

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hard to explain eh. PAra lang ding Trekkies yan. What's with all the hype on Star Trek? bading naman si William Shatner? :lol:

Like one of the guy's said: kanya-kanyang trip lang yan. Personally, I like Episodes 4,5,6 better. But, I would go wath Revenge of the Sith so I could...learn how Anakin transformed into Darth Vader.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
I just dont get it, explain to me please...